2020 Election is officially Trump vs Biden

On 6/13/2020 at 9:27 AM, B-Man said:

HMM: Majority agree Trump will beat Biden, 51%-43%.

Instead of asking for their preference, it asked which candidate do voters think will win regardless of their personal politics. Here, issues such as voter enthusiasm play a role. And the belief that Republicans are better for the economy, also tested in the survey, likely gave Trump a slight edge.

In his analysis, pollster Jonathan Zogby said that Trump remains very strong with his base. He is also winning middle age and older voters. And he’s crushing Biden among union workers.

Which is funny, because that was supposed to be Biden’s strength.

Plus: “Importantly, Trump is in a virtual tie with Biden among women, Hispanic, and suburban voters. . . . The survey also asked which party was the bigger threat to the economy. It was close, with 51% pointing the finger at Democrats and 49% at the Republicans. But some key 2020 voting groups (Hispanics, independents) ‘thought Democrats were a bigger threat to an economic recovery,’ said the analysis.”

Prediction: All the emphasis on black issues will move some Hispanic voters who otherwise would have voted Democrat into the Trump, or at least the nonvoting, camp.

By Glenn Reynolds

First of all, there's a reason when people are asked "who they think will win 2020" they say Trump... it's the downtrodden attitude of a loser.

We're Bills fans.

We're familiar with it.

We're used to epic losses we expected Ws out of. Now we expect losses even in games we should probably win.

I know not everyone is like this with the team, but many are. I am.

Expect the worst because you've already seen it.

Hope for the best.

Asking voters what they think will happen and weighing that more heavily than who they'll vote for is a silly exercise.

Plus... wait... what??? Trump is in a virtual tie with Biden with women??? :blink:

4 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Does anyone watch anything other than sports live nowadays?

well... apparently, at some point only 68 watched Joe live. such enthusiasm! do you seriously think a Trump rally would draw only 68 peeps?

• Thank you (+1) 1

If Trump somehow (Putin?) pulls off an Electoral College win while losing the popular vote I don't think the country will stand for it. 

4 hours ago, fansince88 said:

Wait, the left likes Colin Powel now? AND Pat Robertson? 

Just because he points out an obvious truth? 

https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/502677-how-the-end-of-lockdown-will-hurt-joe-biden-amid-the-campaign-trail

It's no wonder that so many Democrats want to prolong the lockdowns....

How the end of lockdown will hurt Joe Biden amid the campaign trail
© Getty Images

Joe Biden might be the luckiest person in politics. Despite endless gaffes and awkward encounters, he became the Democratic nominee following several candidates dropping out and the implosion of the Bernie Sanders campaign. Biden had another major boost with the coronavirus lockdown. Stuck at home, some of his worst qualities, including degraded language skills, a tendency to pick fights with his supporters, and his dubious track record, became hidden from the public. However, with restrictions being lifted across many states, his weakness will be laid bare.

Before the lockdowns, his campaign was flailing. Biden seemed to make it a point to stick his foot in his mouth at every available opportunity. Do you remember when he called a voter a “damn liar” in Iowa? Or when he oddly asserted that 150 million people have died from gun violence over the last 13 years? While these incidents might seem like forever ago with all that is going on in the country, they shaped the poor public perception of Biden before the coronavirus took the spotlight away from him.

The Biden comedy tour is about to return!

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Foxx said:

well... apparently, at some point only 68 watched Joe live. such enthusiasm! do you seriously think a Trump rally would draw only 68 peeps?

I think we've already established Joe isn't winning because of overwhelming enthusiasm for him. 

He's winning because of an overwhelming dislike of our current President.

That's reflected in polls, too. I know how much you love those.   :flirt:

4 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I think we've already established Joe isn't winning because of overwhelming enthusiasm for him. 

He's winning because of an overwhelming dislike of our current President.

That's reflected in polls, too. I know how much you love those.   :flirt:

That's been a formula that has never worked in US political history. But this time it will -- despite Trump having a tenfold edge in enthusiasm over No Chance Joe :lol:  

GTFOH

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

That's been a formula that has never worked in US political history. But this time it will -- despite Trump having a tenfold edge in enthusiasm over No Chance Joe :lol:  

GTFOH

And yet...

I just hope you're braced for November.

I fear you're not and will be extra distraught in November. If you start preparing yourself mentally and emotionally now, you'll be fine. And you'll be sporting an awesome new avatar, too.  :beer:

source.gif

Oh, the joys of trying to pander to the far left. The race to be Joe Biden’s vice-president is heating up and Black Lives Matter has chimed in. They are unhappy with Florida Congresswoman Val Demmings being on the list.

That’s right. Black Lives Matter is not happy that Joe Biden may select a black congresswoman. You really can’t make this up.

Conventional wisdom has been counseling the nominee to select a black woman. An open letter from more than 200 black women promises they are key to his victory in 2020 and to give a nod to this fact he should select one.

Demings is reportedly one of six women who have passed the initial scrutiny by the VP selection committee. According to the New York Post, she is seen as more attractive than Senator Kamala Harris in public presentations.

However, Demings’ previous career was in law enforcement. From her website:

During her distinguished 27-year career with the Orlando Police Department (OPD), she served in virtually every department, including serving as Commander of the Special Operations. In this role, she was responsible for some of Orlando’s highest profile tasks, including special events and dignitary protection.

In 2007, Val Demings made history when she was appointed to serve as Orlando’s first female Chief of Police.

I would have to assume, this means she was also the first black female to hold the office. Now that there is a constituency on the left that is calling to defund police departments, Demings’ career is an obvious problem. At least to the Black Lives Matters activists. In fact, Hank Newsome, chairman of the Greater New York chapter, told the Post:

“Joe Biden would be an idiot to put her on his ticket. People are already on the fence about him,” Newsome told The Post. “When black people become police officers, they are no longer black. They are blue. And I have been told this by numerous officers.”

This may impact the idea that Biden has overwhelming support in the black community at this point. And how he handles this will be telling. He has already had to bounce Senator Amy Klobuchar after her record, or lack thereof, prosecuting police brutality as Hennepin County District Attorney.

1 hour ago, transplantbillsfan said:

And yet...

I just hope you're braced for November.

I fear you're not and will be extra distraught in November. If you start preparing yourself mentally and emotionally now, you'll be fine. And you'll be sporting an awesome new avatar, too.  :beer:

Just a reminder.  

The media, and the people that are conducting these polls are flat out lying about everything now.

They don't care.  

They are lying on the polls to.  You think they care about their "reputation" anymore?  Especially after 2016?

The news is explicitly catering to the far left loons, and the young, hoping to brainwash the next generation.  There is literally nothing they have said in 4 years that has been positive.  Nothing. 

And they're lying about the polls again.  All which come with their own confirmation bias editorializing "wow after weeks of us telling you how badly Trump has handled the protests look at our polls to confirm this!"  

There is literally zero reason to watch them anymore other than to keep up with what they're trying to lie to everyone about.  That's it.  

• Like (+1) 9
  • Thank you (+1) 2

11 hours ago, Tiberius said:

If Trump somehow (Putin?) pulls off an Electoral College win while losing the popular vote I don't think the country will stand for it. 

Just because he points out an obvious truth? 

You are still here?