Defund the Police?

10 hours ago, billsfan1959 said:

If NFL players or anyone else wants to kneel during the national anthem, that is well within their rights. I just don't understand where along the way it became insensitive, or ignorant, or racist to say, "I support your right to kneel during the anthem. I won't try to stop you from kneeling during the anthem. I may even support the reasons you are kneeling during the anthem. However, I personally do not agree with the manner in which you have chosen to express yourself, and I do feel it is disrespectful."

We are at a point where a reasonable opinion cannot be expressed without being shamed, intimidated, or bullied in some way into apologies and admissions of insensitivity and ignorance.

That ain't no lie.

I remember when this went down last time in 2016 I think it was.  I went to a couple of games and there was some tension around the National Anthem when it was played.  Some kneeled and there were some hard feelings.  It was like a loyalty test.  If you stand, you hate black people and think it's OK for them to be killed by cops.  If you kneel, you hate America. 

The story became which players were kneeling and which weren't.  Then the Stealers (with a black coach) decided to stay in locker room.  Except one guy was an Iraq veteran so he came out. What cluster F#CK.  The whole meaning was lost and it became a circus.  I expect the same this year.

If I get to go to a game this year and this is going on which it likely will be I will do as I did then.  Refuse to participate.  When it got close to the National Anthem I walked outside the stadium and listened to some rock 'n roll on my iPod.  When it was over I came back in to watch the game which is why I came in the first place.

The only thing that will come out all of this is football players will be able to kneel during National Anthem.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, reddogblitz said:

That ain't no lie.

I remember when this went down last time in 2016 I think it was.  I went to a couple of games and there was some tension around the National Anthem when it was played.  Some kneeled and there were some hard feelings.  It was like a loyalty test.  If you stand, you hate black people and think it's OK for them to be killed by cops.  If you kneel, you hate America. 

The story became which players were kneeling and which weren't.  Then the Stealers (with a black coach) decided to stay in locker room.  Except one guy was an Iraq veteran so he came out. What cluster F#CK.  The whole meaning was lost and it became a circus.  I expect the same this year.

If I get to go to a game this year and this is going on which it likely will be I will do as I did then.  Refuse to participate.  When it got close to the National Anthem I walked outside the stadium and listened to some rock 'n roll on my iPod.  When it was over I came back in to watch the game which is why I came in the first place.

The only thing that will come out all of this is football players will be able to kneel during National Anthem.

I still think the easiest thing for people to stomach (although nobody will ever be completely satisfied with the resolution) is for everybody to stand for a 15 second moment of silence to honor the military (currently serving, veterans, deceased) after the national anthem.

How conspiracy theories about the NYPD Shake Shack ‘poisoning’ blew up

June 22, 2020 | 12:03pm | Updated

Enlarge Image
Crime Scene Unit police officers are seen photographing one of the Shake Shack cups.
A Crime Scene Unit police officer examines one of the Shake Shack cups.Robert Mecea

The three cops at the center of the NYPD milkshake “poisoning” scandal never even got sick, and there wasn’t the slightest whiff of criminality from the get-go — but that didn’t stop gung-ho brass from rolling out the crime scene tape and unions from dishing out empty conspiracy theories, The Post has learned.

The fullest picture yet to emerge of the incident — which came amid fraught tensions between the police and public — is based on records and multiple interviews with police sources.

The three officers were down from The Bronx, on protest duty in Lower Manhattan, on June 15 when they ordered the now-infamous mid-shift treats via a mobile app around 7:30 p.m., purchasing three shakes across two separate orders, sources said.

Their drinks were waiting for them when they arrived at the Shake Shack on the second floor of 200 Broadway a few minutes later. A female officer picked up her strawberry shake from the front counter, and her two male colleagues grabbed their cherry and vanilla drinks from a side counter, sources said.

Police sources explained it was clear that the workers couldn’t have known cops had placed the orders “since it wasn’t done in person” — and they couldn’t have dosed the drinks after the officers arrived, because they were packaged and waiting for pickup when the trio walked in.

Soon after sipping the shakes, however, the cops realized they didn’t taste or smell right, so they threw the drinks in the trash and alerted a manager, who apologized and issued them vouchers for free food or drink, which they accepted, according to sources.

But when the cops told their sergeant about the incident, the supervisor called in the Emergency Service Unit to set up a crime scene at the fast-food joint for an evidence search around 9:20 p.m. — nearly two hours after they first got the sour shakes.

The three were rushed to Bellevue Hospital, where they were examined and released without ever showing symptoms, sources said.

Enlarge Image The Shake Shack in the Fulton Street transit hubWilliam Farrington

Meanwhile, a lieutenant from the Bronx blasted out an email to the unions that six cops “started throwing up after drinking beverages they got from shake shack on 200 Broadway.”

It was unclear why the sergeant and lieutenant escalated the situation.

Detectives easily closed the case after interviewing five employees and reviewing surveillance footage showing the shakes were made normally, sources said.

The machine was cleaned before the officers ordered, according to sources, and it still contained residual milkstone remover — a typically acidic solution used to combat buildup in dairy equipment.

But by 10:45 p.m., the Detectives Endowment Association was declaring that Finest had become “ill” after being “intentionally poisoned by one or more workers at the Shake Shack” — as Police Benevolent Association president Pat Lynch made a show of visiting Bellevue while his union declared at 10:47 p.m. that police officers came “under attack” from a “toxic substance, believed to be bleach.”

Both messages flurried across social media, spawning a trending #BoycottShakeShack hashtag that was still being tweeted Sunday by users who appear to erroneously believe NYPD members were intentionally poisoned.

Around 3 a.m. June 16, the department was reviewing a statement on the matter, and at 4 a.m. — just over eight hours after the cops picked up their shakes — Chief of Detectives Rodney Harrison announced on Twitter that there was “no criminality.”

image.gif

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

How conspiracy theories about the NYPD Shake Shack ‘poisoning’ blew up

June 22, 2020 | 12:03pm | Updated

Enlarge Image
Crime Scene Unit police officers are seen photographing one of the Shake Shack cups.
A Crime Scene Unit police officer examines one of the Shake Shack cups.Robert Mecea

The three cops at the center of the NYPD milkshake “poisoning” scandal never even got sick, and there wasn’t the slightest whiff of criminality from the get-go — but that didn’t stop gung-ho brass from rolling out the crime scene tape and unions from dishing out empty conspiracy theories, The Post has learned.

The fullest picture yet to emerge of the incident — which came amid fraught tensions between the police and public — is based on records and multiple interviews with police sources.

The three officers were down from The Bronx, on protest duty in Lower Manhattan, on June 15 when they ordered the now-infamous mid-shift treats via a mobile app around 7:30 p.m., purchasing three shakes across two separate orders, sources said.

Their drinks were waiting for them when they arrived at the Shake Shack on the second floor of 200 Broadway a few minutes later. A female officer picked up her strawberry shake from the front counter, and her two male colleagues grabbed their cherry and vanilla drinks from a side counter, sources said.

Police sources explained it was clear that the workers couldn’t have known cops had placed the orders “since it wasn’t done in person” — and they couldn’t have dosed the drinks after the officers arrived, because they were packaged and waiting for pickup when the trio walked in.

Soon after sipping the shakes, however, the cops realized they didn’t taste or smell right, so they threw the drinks in the trash and alerted a manager, who apologized and issued them vouchers for free food or drink, which they accepted, according to sources.

But when the cops told their sergeant about the incident, the supervisor called in the Emergency Service Unit to set up a crime scene at the fast-food joint for an evidence search around 9:20 p.m. — nearly two hours after they first got the sour shakes.

The three were rushed to Bellevue Hospital, where they were examined and released without ever showing symptoms, sources said.

Enlarge Image The Shake Shack in the Fulton Street transit hubWilliam Farrington

Meanwhile, a lieutenant from the Bronx blasted out an email to the unions that six cops “started throwing up after drinking beverages they got from shake shack on 200 Broadway.”

It was unclear why the sergeant and lieutenant escalated the situation.

Detectives easily closed the case after interviewing five employees and reviewing surveillance footage showing the shakes were made normally, sources said.

The machine was cleaned before the officers ordered, according to sources, and it still contained residual milkstone remover — a typically acidic solution used to combat buildup in dairy equipment.

But by 10:45 p.m., the Detectives Endowment Association was declaring that Finest had become “ill” after being “intentionally poisoned by one or more workers at the Shake Shack” — as Police Benevolent Association president Pat Lynch made a show of visiting Bellevue while his union declared at 10:47 p.m. that police officers came “under attack” from a “toxic substance, believed to be bleach.”

Both messages flurried across social media, spawning a trending #BoycottShakeShack hashtag that was still being tweeted Sunday by users who appear to erroneously believe NYPD members were intentionally poisoned.

Around 3 a.m. June 16, the department was reviewing a statement on the matter, and at 4 a.m. — just over eight hours after the cops picked up their shakes — Chief of Detectives Rodney Harrison announced on Twitter that there was “no criminality.”

image.gif

So it sounds like the union ran with a story before it was corroborated and it was printed without any facts. Seems like 90% of the stories being printed. I am thankful no one was actually hurt and wish the real story was printed with as much flair as the fake one.

tesler-protests-0615-1.png?w=575

"The thing is, public opinion about race hasn’t always been this polarized.

In fact, some attitudes about race were entirely unrelated to partisanship before Barack Obama was elected president in 2008. But after he was elected, racial attitudes and party identification became increasingly intertwined to the extent that by 2012, opposition to interracial relationships or overtly negative views of African Americans predicted whether someone identified as Republican for the first time in decades."

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/republicans-and-democrats-increasingly-agree-on-the-protests-but-not-why-people-are-protesting/

5 hours ago, Capco said:

tesler-protests-0615-1.png?w=575

"The thing is, public opinion about race hasn’t always been this polarized.

In fact, some attitudes about race were entirely unrelated to partisanship before Barack Obama was elected president in 2008. But after he was elected, racial attitudes and party identification became increasingly intertwined to the extent that by 2012, opposition to interracial relationships or overtly negative views of African Americans predicted whether someone identified as Republican for the first time in decades."

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/republicans-and-democrats-increasingly-agree-on-the-protests-but-not-why-people-are-protesting/

I don't accept Chris Rock's racism. He is a white supremacist. 

Edited by Reality Check
  • Haha (+1) 1

Clark County Sheriff tells workers to remove ‘thin blue line flag’
“I'm not gonna let that little sticker be the divide among people in the community who will be afraid to come to us because of that,” Atkins said. “I will remove that sticker, we're still the same people. So, I hope the actions they see we take says we want to be part of the solution.”

https://www.kptv.com/news/clark-county-sheriff-tells-workers-to-remove-thin-blue-line-flag/article_ab8a0e02-b5a9-11ea-924b-b3fa13fcce87.html

‘There is danger coming’: Tim Scott masterfully and mercilessly takes Democrats apart for police reform snub

by Vivek Saxena

Original Article

South Carolina Sen. Tim Scott snapped. After days of enduring racist tirades and death threats from random left-wing callers, after days of being dismissed by the Democrat Party’s top brass, after days of total bullschiff, the black senator finally let them have it.

In a 30-minute-long speech on the Senate floor Wednesday, Scott laid into Democrats for refusing to engage on the issues, for walking out in the middle of discussions, for saying no to everything he’d proposed, for smearing him and his Republican colleagues, for being disloyal to black voters and for running so many cities to the ground.

Watch the whole speech below, or read on for the major highlights: at link

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

..won't be cutting the grass for a LONG time, but at least it will be well "fertilized"...…………..

Minneapolis neighborhood that vowed not to call police in wake of Floyd death is already being tested by 300-strong homeless encampment

By Danielle Wallace | Fox News

A predominately white, progressive Minneapolis neighborhood that pledged not to call the police in the wake of the death of George Floyd is now dealing with a 300-strong homeless encampment in a local park, according to reports.

Traffic has reportedly increased in the neighborhood around Powderhorn Park, as drug dealers seek to meet their clientele displaced during the civil unrest, rioting and looting following Floyd’s death at the end of May. At least one person overdosed inside the park and was brought out by an ambulance. Prostitution has also been reported in the area.

Residents though have agreed to “check their privilege” and “protect people of color” by not involving law enforcement to report instances of property damage, according to the New York Times.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/minneapolis-powderhorn-park-neighborhood-progressive-sworn-off-police-911-george-floyd

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

..won't be cutting the grass for a LONG time, but at least it will be well "fertilized"...…………..

Minneapolis neighborhood that vowed not to call police in wake of Floyd death is already being tested by 300-strong homeless encampment

A predominately white, progressive Minneapolis neighborhood that pledged not to call the police in the wake of the death of George Floyd is now dealing with a 300-strong homeless encampment in a local park, according to reports.

Traffic has reportedly increased in the neighborhood around Powderhorn Park, as drug dealers seek to meet their clientele displaced during the civil unrest, rioting and looting following Floyd’s death at the end of May. At least one person overdosed inside the park and was brought out by an ambulance. Prostitution has also been reported in the area.

Residents though have agreed to “check their privilege” and “protect people of color” by not involving law enforcement to report instances of property damage, according to the New York Times.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/minneapolis-powderhorn-park-neighborhood-progressive-sworn-off-police-911-george-floyd

Sometimes you just gotta let the kids touch the hot stove to learn the lesson.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

How is not calling police protecting people of color by not reporting instances of property damage unless they assume all instances of property damage are caused by people of color?  Which is a rather racist sentiment for them to have.

• Like (+1) 4

7 minutes ago, Taro T said:

How is not calling police protecting people of color by not reporting instances of property damage unless they assume all instances of property damage are caused by people of color?  Which is a rather racist sentiment for them to have.

...so have they taken a census of the "community" to determine racial makeup?....what happens if Caucasians are the majority?.......hmmm........

• Like (+1) 2