Buffalo PD assault older gentleman, leave him to bleed

Reed83HOF

I'm surprised that this hasn't been mentioned up in this thread.

https://www.floridatoday.com/story/news/2020/06/08/brevard-county-fraternal-order-police-facebook-posts-draw-ire/5317923002/

What a joke.

Could you imagine living in Brevard County Florida, knowing that the police union is actively recruiting these heavy-handed cops?

Edited by Bad Things
  • Sad 1

Below is a Facebook post from a dispatcher with the Buffalo Police Department who has since been suspended. While his is a civilian position within the department, it is that LAST thing this department needs. It raises questions about the kind of culture within the department. Just a stupid, tone deaf thing to say. Especially in the current climate. 

image.thumb.jpeg.37762a3aae9ba735a6eda22ecf908ae5.jpeg

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, Wacka said:

That blood coming out of his ear is highly suspect. I slipped on some ice  on my driveway  in 2018. I hit the back of my head on the blacktop and heard a crack.  No cut but had a big bump on the back of my head. A day later  I had a contra-cous  injury ( headache on the other side of my head  where my brain rebounded and hit the inside of my skull. Iwas 61 at the fime.  I could see blood  where his skull hit the pavement  and caused a cut, but not out his ear. 

I guess that would be why as a teenager training as an EMT, we were taught to check ears for bleeding after a head trauma?  Because bleeding out of the ear is "highly suspect", Wacka says so?

https://www.healthline.com/health/ear-bleeding

Trauma to the head

A hit, fall, or accident can cause a head injury that can lead to bleeding from the ear. This could be a sign of bleeding around the brain, so you should seek emergency medical attention.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/320237

More severe injuries or traumas to the head may cause bleeding from the ears. These types of injuries are often due to an accident, a fall, or a sports injury.

In cases when bleeding from the ears accompanies a head injury, the person may have a concussion.

(...)

Bleeding from the ears after a head injury may be the result of a skull fracture, severe trauma, or other serious injury, so a person will need immediate medical attention.

Google.  2 minutes.  But I guess those sources must be highly suspect too. :flirt:

7 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

There are a bunch of media outlets and right wing conspiracy theorists spreading the lie that Mayor Brown was calling Gugino an agitator and other nasty stuff. He never did. He was talking about a different protestor Myles Carter when he used that language. They don't seem to care. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Kelly the Dog said:

There are a bunch of media outlets and right wing conspiracy theorists spreading the lie that Mayor Brown was calling Gugino an agitator and other nasty stuff. He never did. He was talking about a different protestor Myles Carter when he used that language. They don't seem to care. 

I mean even if all that crap in the tweets is true it wouldn't matter, the most they should of done is detain and arrest him instead they pushed a 75 year old man and as tends to happen he fell down.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I mean even if all that crap in the tweets is true it wouldn't matter, the most they should of done is detain and arrest him instead they pushed a 75 year old man and as tends to happen he fell down.

I believe he has been arrested four times, for protesting torture at Gitmo. But was released each time. He's also a member of the Peace Center, which my mother was one of its most active members for years. There is not a chance they would allow a guy to be a long standing member if he were the inviting violence type. They work against violence. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Rob's House said:

Don't you get it?  It doesn't matter.  It's all about how the cops reacted to him. 

You're just seem fired up because he obviously doesn't align with your political beliefs.  If the cops pushed down a 75 year old conservative man, how would you feel?

Imagine if this was 2016 and it was a Trump supporter being pushed by cops outside a rally, while Obama was still President.

I have a suspicion that you'd be singing a different tune.

Edited by Bad Things

I am not a doctor nor play one on TV.  All I'm  saying is that IMO seeing him go down, I would expect to see  blood coming from his forehead or back of his head, not the ear. 

I’m sure some of you have seen this story, but for those that haven’t it’s worth hearing about. It’s about a Niagara Falls police officer who saw that a young black child was frightened merely by the sight of her police car and how the officer just couldn’t let that pass. This is an essential ingredient in real, impactful change. Well done, officer. 

https://www.wivb.com/news/local-news/niagara-county/niagara-falls/viral-video-from-niagara-falls-shows-another-side-of-how-police-serve-and-protect/

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Bad Things said:

I'm surprised that this hasn't been mentioned up in this thread.

https://www.floridatoday.com/story/news/2020/06/08/brevard-county-fraternal-order-police-facebook-posts-draw-ire/5317923002/

What a joke.

Could you imagine living in Brevard County Florida, knowing that the police union is actively recruiting these heavy-handed cops?

The FOP doesn't hire. The police department does the hiring. The union is basically making a political statement that demonstrates why it is an obstacle to changing the troubled and sclerotic system. 

Edited by JohnC

3 hours ago, Wacka said:

I am not a doctor nor play one on TV. All I'm  saying is that IMO seeing him go down, I would expect to see  blood coming from his forehead or back of his head, not the ear. 

There are real doctors and medical staff who treated him when he was in the hospital. Not one of them is making the nonsensical claim that his injuries are not genuine. You are a person with no medical background making a medical judgment on an injury that was captured on tape. This is a situation where you should just trust your eyes rather than your inexplicable logic to come up with your fanciful conclusion. 

• Like (+1) 2

Not sure what the confusion is here. The man posed ZERO physical threat to anyone. Ergo there was ZERO reason to use ANY physical force more than simply approaching him, turning him, and handcuffing him. His politics, what he may have done in the past, etc, mean nothing in this context. He was an old man peacefully demonstrating and refusing to retreat. Hell, most of us could have handled this peacefully by ourselves.

When he was pushed he went to the ground (did he flop? why does it matter? he was bleeding on the ground).  Most of the officers simply kept marching by him. It really is a repulsive sight for anyone with a conscious.

My question in this case, and so many others is this: If "90% of police officers are good cops" why didn't some of these good cops immediately detain and arrest the officers who pushed him down? Why wasnt' the officer who put his knee on Floyd not arrested by his fellow officers on the spot?  THAT"S what needs to happen in these incidents, IMO.

Of course the idea that 90% or any profession (or group) are good, honest, non-racist, etc is nonsense. I can't think of even one profession where that kind of ratio applies. Do you really believe 90% of Priests are good honest people? Were the other priests and bishops who covered up the child abuse "good and honest"? You would think a good honest officer would be thrilled to get scum like that out of their profession. The fellow officers cheering them outside the courtroom is one of the more disgusting things I've witnessed in some time, and it highlights the problem. Until police officers in this country are recruited and trained very differently, this will continue to be an issue. 

• Like (+1) 2

36 minutes ago, The Dean said:

My question in this case, and so many others is this: If "90% of police officers are good cops" why didn't some of these good cops immediately detain and arrest the officers who pushed him down? Why wasnt' the officer who put his knee on Floyd not arrested by his fellow officers on the spot?  THAT"S what needs to happen in these incidents, IMO.

Maybe because they were imposing a government mandated curfew and the man approached and even accosted riot police officers. I'm not sure, not  good timing maybe?

Edited by Bill from NYC

20 minutes ago, The Dean said:

Not sure what the confusion is here. The man posed ZERO physical threat to anyone. Ergo there was ZERO reason to use ANY physical force more than simply approaching him, turning him, and handcuffing him. His politics, what he may have done in the past, etc, mean nothing in this context. He was an old man peacefully demonstrating and refusing to retreat. Hell, most of us could have handled this peacefully by ourselves.

When he was pushed he went to the ground (did he flop? why does it matter? he was bleeding on the ground).  Most of the officers simply kept marching by him. It really is a repulsive sight for anyone with a conscious.

Of course the idea that 90% or any profession (or group) are good, honest, non-racist, etc is nonsense. I can't think of even one profession where that kind of ratio applies. Do you really believe 90% of Priests are good honest people? Were the other priests and bishops who covered up the child abuse "good and honest"? You would think a good honest officer would be thrilled to get scum like that out of their profession. The fellow officers cheering them outside the courtroom is one of the more disgusting things I've witnessed in some time, and it highlights the problem. Until police officers in this country are recruited and trained very differently, this will continue to be an issue. 

There’s no confusion here. Just a deliberate attempt by right wing conspiracy theorists like Trump and Roscoe B Davis to discredit Martin Gugino who’s been protesting since the civil rights movement for crissakes. Arrested 300 times? A member of Antifa? Fake blood? A set up? Pure horse crap. 

But he’s an agitator alright. As evidenced by all those he’s triggered. That said, agitation is an ingredient in political protests. Always has been, always will be. 

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, The Dean said:

The fellow officers cheering them outside the courtroom is one of the more disgusting things I've witnessed in some time

Really? Do you live in a cave, come out for this video, and go running back in?

Two nights ago there were 18 human beings murdered in Chicago, and I think another 12 were shot. Police Officers have been murdered around the nation during these riots and I think there was also a murder in Minesota by a scumbag ex-cop, no?

OK, the police officers supporting the 2 fellow officers for pushing and unintentionally injuring this ill advised man constitutes "one the more disgusting things you have seen in some time?" Wow!

C'mon Brian.....try to let old personal wounds die.

Edited by Bill from NYC
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

There are real doctors and medical staff who treated him when he was in the hospital. Not one of them is making the nonsensical claim that his injuries are not genuine. You are a person with no medical background making a medical judgment on an injury that was captured on tape. This is a situation where you should just trust your eyes rather than your inexplicable logic to come up with your fanciful conclusion. 

Could it be HIPPA laws? If they did,  it would mean their job.

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Wacka said:

Could it be HIPPA laws? If they did,  it would mean their job.

Reporting no injuries found is no more of a HIIPA violation than saying he’s in serious but stable condition, which has been reported.