Jake Fromm: Controversial comments

4 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

There it is again: if someone reads the opinions of a non-progressive they’re a racist. Is this really an insinuation that you’re prepared to support with facts?

When you’re looking to find whether a person deserves the benefit of the doubt after discovering the racist comments they’ve made, it’s helpful to see whose opinions they value.  When that list is extremely short and comprised of people who tweet things like:  “Meet the new KKK, they call themselves ‘Black Lives Matter’ but make no mistake their goals are far from equality. #Dallas #bluelivesmatter.”  I’m not inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt.

When people show you who they are, believe them.  If you want that guy in your team’s locker room, white more power to you.

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Billl said:

When you’re looking to find whether a person deserves the benefit of the doubt after discovering the racist comments they’ve made, it’s helpful to see whose opinions they value.  When that list is extremely short and comprised of people who tweet things like:  “Meet the new KKK, they call themselves ‘Black Lives Matter’ but make no mistake their goals are far from equality. #Dallas #bluelivesmatter.”  I’m not inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt.

When people show you who they are, believe them.  If you want that guy in your team’s locker room, white more power to you.

You’re once again searching really hard for a reason to get indignant here.

For all you know, Fromm may disagree with that tweet. He may not even be aware of that tweet. Would that be negligent on his part given that he lives in the public eye? Yeah, probably. Would that make him a racist? Nope.

Furthermore, are we now asking everyone to be responsible for what people they are connected to on social media publish? Because that’s outrageous.

And let’s remember that I haven’t defended what he said, so maybe shelf the ridiculous insinuation you made in that last sentence.

Edited by thebandit27

4 hours ago, Billl said:

If “a different view” is that “elite whites” should have rights that are exclusive to them, then shame on you for defending that view.  You and Jake can stick to reading Tomi Lahren and Ben Shapiro, and you’ll never have to worry about anyone being called out for racist statements.

What’s wrong with Ben Shapiro ??

• Haha (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Putin said:

What’s wrong with Ben Shapiro ??

He’s a midget 

And imagine if people cried about Fromm the way snowflakes cried about CK.  Imagine if they protest and cried about not watching the sport again because they didn’t like Fromm’s opinion?

It was a stupid text from a conservative dude from Georgia.  His life shouldn’t be ruined by it and being in the lockerroom is the best thing for him.  He’s still not very good though. 

Edited by C.Biscuit97
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

He’s a midget 

And imagine if people cried about Fromm the way snowflakes cried about CK.  Imagine if they protest and cried about not watching the sport again because they didn’t like Fromm’s opinion?

It was a stupid text from a conservative dude from Georgia.  His life shouldn’t be ruined by it and being in the lockerroom is the best thing for him.  He’s still not very good though. 

Ben Shapiro is hated by the LEFT for being conservative , his life is constantly threatened by the far RIGHT for being Jewish  , I guess in his case it could be a blessing being a midget easier to hide from BOTH  !!! 

Edited by Putin

4 minutes ago, Putin said:

Ben Shapiro is hated by the LEFT for being conservative , his life is constantly threatened by the far RIGHT for being Jewish  , I guess in his case it could be a blessing being a midget easier to hide from BOTH  !!! 

Yeah, I don’t care about him. Just like I don’t care about any of these talking heads.  Most of the time, they don’t even believe half of the stuff they say.  They just pander to their base and get paid off people who can’t form their own opinions.  Good for them for getting paid off those can’t think freely. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, CBennett said:

So this thing with Fromm what gives what did he say/do and is it being taken out of context because of the current environment?

I'll say this.  I've looked into getting a silencer because although i live in the middle of nowhere, and I have literally hundreds of acres behind me with a very safe 300' hill to shoot into, i know the sound can be heard by my neighbors.  Nobody has ever complained, and in fact I've had them over to shoot.  Even with that, i'd still rather they didn't have to hear it at all.  Alas, living here in the Idiot Kingdom of Prince Andrew's New York, it's 100% a non-starter.  For the states where the 2A still applies, there's a mile long list you have to go through, and spend a fair amount of money, and wade your way through the Federal BATF.  It's a huge PITA.  I think a big reason for that is that non-gun people tend to think of silencers like they are portrayed in Hollywood where you can shoot high caliber pistols and hear nothing more than a whisper.  What they actually do is reduce the noise level by ~25 decibels.  It's really not that much, maybe 20-30% of the total volume depending on a few variables, but does take the sharp edge off the report, to where a couple thousand feet away it'll be a soft snap instead of a hard crack

The reason I say all this is because although you don't have to be an 'elite' person, white or otherwise, you certainly have to have the time, money, patience, and societal wherewithal to grind through the process.  I can accept the substitution of the word 'elite' for all that because most 20 year olds don't have any of those things in sufficient quantity to actually follow through on this sort of thing.  Should have have said 'elite white'?  no, in retrospect I'm sure he would agree it was a poor choice of words.  Is it an accurate assessment of who can actually procure silencers today?  Yes, pretty much, if only somewhat exaggerated.  I'd say that's the larger problem than some dumb 20 year old sharing his thoughts with some young woman looking for her 15 minutes of fame.  Mr Fromm is going to have to grow up real fast and learn not to trust anyone around him.  I hope that anyone else around this young woman realizes that she will absolutely betray their trust if she thinks she can gain some slight advantage to herself.  As far as personal failings, I'd put that much higher than what Fromm said, but society isn't convulsing over personal morality right now, but rather over performative absolution for sins of others rather than keeping our own houses in order.

Anyway, off my soapbox now, try the veal and so on

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

47 minutes ago, thronethinker said:

OK, let us get to the point that is now true based on social media. All white people are racist, even if we don't realize it. This is what all of this is meant to show. If we try to defend it, it is just white people being racist because we didn't know we were racist. So all you other toasty ass crackers out there, you like me are racist because social media says so. If you dont agree you are a conservative and double racist. If you reply with a opposite opinion you are 3x racist. 

Why dont all you white folks just go out to a wood chipper and throw yourselves in, I am on my way now. 

The white man simply cannot catch a break in this country.  But we shall overcome!

There's no shortage of ignorance and racism out there and its hardly the exclusive domain of white America.  But there is a stark difference in the effects of racism in America, generally speaking.  While us low-melanin Americans are subject to inflammatory posts on social media lumping us all in with supremacists and Klansman and a host of accusations which upset and offend racism manifests itself as loss of opportunity, jobs, income, housing, and life for other members of society.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Putin said:

Hot wife though.....must be doing something right (I do not like him politically though)

2 hours ago, dorquemada said:

I'll say this.  I've looked into getting a silencer because although i live in the middle of nowhere, and I have literally hundreds of acres behind me with a very safe 300' hill to shoot into, i know the sound can be heard by my neighbors.  Nobody has ever complained, and in fact I've had them over to shoot.  Even with that, i'd still rather they didn't have to hear it at all.  Alas, living here in the Idiot Kingdom of Prince Andrew's New York, it's 100% a non-starter.  For the states where the 2A still applies, there's a mile long list you have to go through, and spend a fair amount of money, and wade your way through the Federal BATF.  It's a huge PITA.  I think a big reason for that is that non-gun people tend to think of silencers like they are portrayed in Hollywood where you can shoot high caliber pistols and hear nothing more than a whisper.  What they actually do is reduce the noise level by ~25 decibels.  It's really not that much, maybe 20-30% of the total volume depending on a few variables, but does take the sharp edge off the report, to where a couple thousand feet away it'll be a soft snap instead of a hard crack

The reason I say all this is because although you don't have to be an 'elite' person, white or otherwise, you certainly have to have the time, money, patience, and societal wherewithal to grind through the process.  I can accept the substitution of the word 'elite' for all that because most 20 year olds don't have any of those things in sufficient quantity to actually follow through on this sort of thing.  Should have have said 'elite white'?  no, in retrospect I'm sure he would agree it was a poor choice of words.  Is it an accurate assessment of who can actually procure silencers today?  Yes, pretty much, if only somewhat exaggerated.  I'd say that's the larger problem than some dumb 20 year old sharing his thoughts with some young woman looking for her 15 minutes of fame.  Mr Fromm is going to have to grow up real fast and learn not to trust anyone around him.  I hope that anyone else around this young woman realizes that she will absolutely betray their trust if she thinks she can gain some slight advantage to herself.  As far as personal failings, I'd put that much higher than what Fromm said, but society isn't convulsing over personal morality right now, but rather over performative absolution for sins of others rather than keeping our own houses in order.

Anyway, off my soapbox now, try the veal and so on

Interesting.  I've never used a suppressor/silencer and (also going by the movies) thought it almost completely muffled the sound of a gunshot.  So to me, Fromm's text exchange (jokingly) suggested that he wanted to get one so as to kill non-whites quietly, reading into it the worst possible thing that I could to justify the outrage.  Then the 2nd page of the text exchange was released (conveniently, later) and on it he said he wasn't even referring to himself since he doesn't consider himself to be elite.  Now you're saying that it doesn't really quiet a gun all that much.

So again, what's all the fuss about?  Just because he said "elite white people" and some people took it to mean "all white people are elite" and/or "black people are poor"?

Edited by Doc
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, Doc said:

Interesting.  I've never used a suppressor/silencer and (also going by the movies) thought it almost completely muffled the sound of a gunshot.  So to me, Fromm's text exchange suggested that he wanted to get one so as to kill non-whites quietly, reading into it the worst possible thing that I could to justify the outrage.  Then the 2nd page of the text exchange was released (conveniently, later) and on it he said he wasn't even referring to himself since he doesn't consider himself to be elite.  Now you're saying that it doesn't really quiet a gun all that much.

So again, what's all the fuss about?  Just because he said "elite white people" and some people took it to mean "all white people are elite" and/or "black people are poor"?

I'm thinking, and bear with me because this idea is going to sound just crazy, that people are looking for something to be angry about, and will shoehorn anything they can into a moralistic outrage.   It's like i've told my kids, if you're looking for a reason to be angry, anything will do.  Fromm will have to learn from this, starting with never trusting anybody again and making sure to stay on the right side of the thought police at all times.  That's how we end up with boring as all hell athletes because before the gotcha society they used to actually tell us what they thought in interviews.

Like I said earlier in the thread, every single NFL player who made some negative comment about Fromm, especially Lawson and Tre, I want to see their xbox live audio transcripts.  I'm going to go on and bet real American dollars that there's all manor of homophobia and misogyny in there.  Hypocrites that live by the sword will meet their just end eventually when whatever it is that they don't think is a big deal becomes a hate crime.  And there's a lot of people who consider homophobia & misogyny to be every bit as bad as racism, even if people aren't rioting in the streets about it.

related to silencers, here's a quick explainer:  https://www.todayifoundout.com/index.php/2010/11/gun-silencers-dont-make-them-anywhere-near-silent/

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Hot wife though.....must be doing something right (I do not like him politically though)

I just looked her up.  I don’t want to disparage someone’s wife but you need to get out more if you think she’s hot.  I mean she’s hot for a dwarf like him I guess.

6 hours ago, Putin said:

dafaq

6 hours ago, thronethinker said:

OK, let us get to the point that is now true based on social media. All white people are racist, even if we don't realize it. This is what all of this is meant to show. If we try to defend it, it is just white people being racist because we didn't know we were racist. So all you other toasty ass crackers out there, you like me are racist because social media says so. If you dont agree you are a conservative and double racist. If you reply with a opposite opinion you are 3x racist. 

Why dont all you white folks just go out to a wood chipper and throw yourselves in, I am on my way now. 

How could anyone even begin to understand the depth of your persecution as a white man in America?

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Doc said:

Interesting.  I've never used a suppressor/silencer and (also going by the movies) thought it almost completely muffled the sound of a gunshot.  So to me, Fromm's text exchange (jokingly) suggested that he wanted to get one so as to kill non-whites quietly, reading into it the worst possible thing that I could to justify the outrage.  Then the 2nd page of the text exchange was released (conveniently, later) and on it he said he wasn't even referring to himself since he doesn't consider himself to be elite.  Now you're saying that it doesn't really quiet a gun all that much.

Or maybe that among the subset of human beings that are Americans of European ancestry, there is another subset, "the nonelites," who are not to be trusted with it.  That's why the context of the tweets prior might matter to what was intended.  She didn't release them in their entirety and at the time she called out his joke for using "elite" and not for being racially exclusive.   

They were apparently discussing gun control and maybe gun culture.  The comment may have been within the context of the Southern White population only and not meant to be excluding the entirety of the remaining world's population.     I do not get why the availability of a silencer would be funny in any context but maybe there was something texted prior that would give it some meaning.   Anyways, this would be the interpretation that is the least offensive and as a Northerner I would no longer need to be moderately offended.

As for the semantics of the words I offer this:

Ex.  I could say that I only use Heinz ketchup on my cheeseburgers  That could either be exclusive of all other brands of ketchup or it could be exclusive of all other condiments.