Jake Fromm: Controversial comments

19 minutes ago, Pasaluki said:

It makes it worse if he stays because everyone forgot about Josh Allens tweets for 2 years and suddenly they are brought up all the time now.

I agree that it isn't right that the girl releases the text messages but that isn't the Bills fault either.

My thought is that they already know the questions surrounding Josh now that everything is being revisited. If they can deal with it just keep Fromm. But cutting Fromm they open themselves up to new questions and circumstances that are unknown. So it may be easier and wiser to deal with the known right now.

As for it not being the Bills fault, I agree. Once something is out and in the open you can't change that. But i wouldn't mind seeing some sort of law on the books to protect private text messages. I'm not saying they can't be released for use by law enforcement but when it comes to more minor things it doesn't feel right for these texts to be released. 

36 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Yeah, I’m sure no Bills players have ever said worse things about women in their private texts.

I guess if you can’t help yourself from saying racist things, you’d better be smart enough not to get caught.

• Like (+1) 1

Let's release every NFL player's private texts.  That way we can know what they're thinking, judge them based off of it, and then cut or keep them.  You'll have no league anymore.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

It’s going to get really interesting if they don’t release him.  Tyrod gets shipped out after leading the Bills to their first postseason in forever, and two years later Buffalo’s QB room consists of two guys with a history of racially insensitive comments plus Matt Barkley.  We’ll see how that plays in the locker room.

Just now, Billl said:

It’s going to get really interesting if they don’t release him.  Tyrod gets shipped out after leading the Bills to their first postseason in forever, and two years later Buffalo’s QB room consists of two guys with a history of racially insensitive comments plus Matt Barkley.  We’ll see how that plays in the locker room.

You’re trying really hard to make this organization out to be a bunch of racists, which is interesting considering that it’s the only one with a minority female owner.

As for Allen, you’re way off. Modern Family quotes and hip hop lyrics don’t exactly constitute racism. And if his teammates felt that way they’d have settled it 2 years ago when he was drafted.

And here’s some food for thought: maybe a fan of a team that drafts Tyreek Hill and trades for Frank Clark—2 men known to have beaten their girlfriends—shouldn’t be so quick to cast such aspersions.

• Like (+1) 10

6 hours ago, Turk71 said:

I am not advocating for his dismissal, I just think he will be. I didn't like the pick when it happened and if he is let go I like it even less.

How was it 'clearly' an innocuous joke? 

The "haha" at the end kind of gave it away.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Billl said:

I agree. I just dont think that, with team leaders like Tre saying what he did on twitter, the team can get away with keeping Fromm.  I'm assuming - hoping - that the coaches consulted with the black coaches and team leaders before deciding to keep Fromm.  Anything short of that would be unacceptable. 

That said, the Tyrod thing is silly.  I doubt you will find a player on the team that thinks it was the wrong decision, or that it was racially motivated. That, and the fact that the team loves Allen, leads me to believe that most of this is just incorrect. 

6 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

You’re trying really hard to make this organization out to be a bunch of racists, which is interesting considering that it’s the only one with a minority female owner.

As for Allen, you’re way off. Modern Family quotes and hip hop lyrics don’t exactly constitute racism. And if his teammates felt that way they’d have settled it 2 years ago when he was drafted.

And here’s some food for thought: maybe a fan of a team that drafts Tyreek Hill and trades for Frank Clark—2 men known to have beaten their girlfriends—shouldn’t be so quick to cast such aspersions.

I don’t think the Bills are racist, but it’s not me you’re going to have to convince.  It’s your locker room.  That’s why I think they’ll cut Fromm.  

And Tyreek was 100% falsely accused.  In fact, he’s got full custody of the kids now.

Edited by Billl
  • Haha (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Isn't there a whole thread dedicated to people saying that the only reason the team is keeping Croom (black player) is because he is dating the owners daughter (and has been for well over a year)? I mean, if the owners had a racial sensitivity problem, Croom, an UDFA who barely made the roster, would not be on the team still. 

I'll leave this to the locker room.  For once, I'm confident in the leadership.  Allen had to earn back some respect and has been an exemplary teammate.  It's always better to learn early than learn too late.   

3 minutes ago, stony said:

I'll leave this to the locker room.  For once, I'm confident in the leadership.  Allen had to earn back some respect and has been an exemplary teammate.  It's always better to learn early than learn too late.   

Good point. We have strong coaches with a strong culture (though I cringe at that word in coach speak, I do get it) and they've brought in, it appears, players with character.

Can only imagine how Rex would handle something like this.

9 minutes ago, Billl said:

I don’t think the Bills are racist, but it’s not me you’re going to have to convince.  It’s your locker room.  That’s why I think they’ll cut Fromm.  

And Tyreek was 100% falsely accused.  In fact, he’s got full custody of the kids now.

Tyreek Hill didn’t beat his girl in college? News to most of the world given that he plead guilty.

Perhaps you didn’t mean to paint the organization that way, but surely you can see why it reads as such.

• Like (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, Billl said:

To early to tell on Matt Barkley. Has anyone looked into his internet history?

40 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think the friend who posted it was a girl 

Watch out for a scorned woman! I wonder if any of Fromms Georgia teammates have commented on social media about him.

20 hours ago, HardyBoy said:

I don't see the front office or this coaching staff doing that in this case...if this wasn't satire, which I've expressed my thohghts on already, this is a teachable moment (I guess I'm assuming this was a joke at worst if not satire, and not his true underlying belief system, but even then he's what, 22...not excusing racism in 22 y/o, just they really arent their own person yet).

Even then, this is a really good opportunity for the team to come together and help someone grow. 

A teachable moment? Yes. "Racism bad, very bad!" "OK Jake, we all good?" Yep!