PFF with the ultimate Bills troll job

9 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

Next on PFF- who would you rather have at QB: Aaron Rodgers or Jameis Winston?

Well, Winston does add a level of excitement by risk taking and unpredictability for the team, and that's just regarding grocery shopping.

• Haha (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

This is a site that has admitted to trolling Bills fans for a reaction. I’m done with them at this point. I’m no longer feeding into their BS. Typically, I’m not overly sensitive when it comes to the Bills. They are just too much for me. I’m unfollowing them and encourage you to do the same. 

I stopped reading. 

Pre Allen I was even a member , I always hated their rating systems but used it as a tool to get one side of the story on a specific player or comparison purposes on their deep diving stats.

Since last off season they really lost all respect and credibility . I stopped following on social media. Never visit their site , only see articles on here and Twitter occasionally. Just stop supporting them and stop reacting to the clear Allen hate and bias . I think Josh might have had relations with a high ranking staffers wife or gf!

Why do Bills fans get so upset when media outlets criticize Allen?

It goes without saying that he was raw coming out of Wyoming and needs time to reach his peak. 

But it is also true that Josh Allen has played somewhat like his scouting reports have said - he's been erratic at times, shows questionable decision making in an effort to make plays, the offense he leads doesn't score many points, and he misses throws.

So as we've been talking about, the 2020 season is a litmus test. With improved weapons (that's why 2018 isn't a good measure - rookie and poor weapons/line) Allen needs to pick up his passing ability. His running isn't enough to offset his lack of passing efficiency. So far its been an inefficient, sporadic offense.  

• Like (+1) 2

49 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Why do Bills fans get so upset when media outlets criticize Allen?

It goes without saying that he was raw coming out of Wyoming and needs time to reach his peak. 

But it is also true that Josh Allen has played somewhat like his scouting reports have said - he's been erratic at times, shows questionable decision making in an effort to make plays, the offense he leads doesn't score many points, and he misses throws.

So as we've been talking about, the 2020 season is a litmus test. With improved weapons (that's why 2018 isn't a good measure - rookie and poor weapons/line) Allen needs to pick up his passing ability. His running isn't enough to offset his lack of passing efficiency. So far its been an inefficient, sporadic offense.  

If you read through the thread I’ve explained my position. My position is that I have no issue with Josh being compared to young, raw, ASCENDING players. I’m even okay with Jones or Haskins. PFF took the guy that has cratered out as their comparison in an attempt to troll. It wasn’t really about “who will have a better career from here on out?” It was about, “who can we compare Allen to in order to maximize our clicks?”

Keep in mind there is a very good chance that Trubisky spends at least the next couple of years as a backup. Josh is an unquestioned starter at minimum for this year. He is absolutely ascending while Trubisky fell off a cliff.

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

If you read through the thread I’ve explained my position. My position is that I have no issue with Josh being compared to young, raw, ASCENDING players. I’m even okay with Jones or Haskins. PFF took the guy that has cratered out as their comparison in an attempt to troll. It wasn’t really about “who will have a better career from here on out?” Or was about, “who can we compare Allen to in order to maximize our clicks?”

Keep in mind there is a very good chance that Trubisky spends at least the next couple of years as a backup. Josh is an unquestioned starter at minimum for this year. He is absolutely ascending while Trubisky fell off a cliff.

If Allen doesn't improve from where he is as a passer, he is Mitchell Trubisky. 

Mitchell's 2nd season was better than Allen in terms of yards, passing touchdowns, and completion percentage. 

Josh has to improve, because he is not a viable starter long term otherwise. 

• Like (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Mitchell's 2nd season was better than Allen in terms of yards, passing touchdowns, and completion percentage. 

The number of football fans who would take Mitch Trubisky over Josh Allen is directly correlated to how many family members Mitch Trubisky has.

PFF knows this. Everyone would take Josh at this point. It is a moronic question. But they make a video on it, just to troll and get engagement with Bills fans. It’s hacky and embarrassing.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, FireChans said:

The number of football fans who would take Mitch Trubisky over Josh Allen is directly correlated to how many family members Mitch Trubisky has.

PFF knows this. Everyone would take Josh at this point. It is a moronic question. But they make a video on it, just to troll and get engagement with Bills fans. It’s hacky and embarrassing.

Whether you rank Josh 21st, 23rd, 25th it doesn't really matter. 

The Bills need more points to really win anything. 

This is like when Bills fans argued Trent Edwards, JP Losman or Ryan Fitzpatrick. Whether they're ranked 27th or 21st, it's the bottom 3rd of the league. 

So Trubisky is the latest media whipping boy and that's fine, PFF wants some clicks, ok, but Allen's play has come under more scrutiny since the season ended the way it did. 

Like I said above, 2018 I don't give much thought, he was a raw rookie with an empty cupboard to work with. In 2019, he was much better relative to himself. 

Now he needs to climb the ranks of the league. Because people scoff at someone like Gardner Minshew. But he came in and had better passing numbers right away for a Jags team under archaic Doug Marrone.  Maybe the raw passing numbers don't tell the whole story, still the ranking range is still the same, 20's. And the Bills can't really win like that. 

I think it's fine to openly say that. 

Edited by Straight Hucklebuck
  • Thank you (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

...and as I said earlier I would have had no issue with the question a year ago. The players are in COMPLETELY different positions at this point. One is +1800 to be the MVP of the league coming off a solid year where he took big steps. His team is positioned to take the next step forward. The other just had his 5th year option declined and will be competing with a career backup for the starting job. It seems like an odd time to compare the 2.

Who will have a better career from here on out Josh Allen or Daniel Jones is a reasonable question. I happen to believe that it will be Allen but can see where you may go Jones. Both are young players that had some questions coming out. Both have had some good moments and some bad moments. Both are UNQUESTIONED STARTERS with questions lingering. The same could be said for Baker or Darnold. There are plenty of reasonable comparisons for Allen at this point.

They answered Allen to have an out. If he continues to develop they can always fall back on “while we said it would be Allen.” They asked the question to troll. It’s the same reason that they said Duck Hodges was the better QB in the Pittsburgh matchup. You get a lot more clicks by sensationalism than you do with the obvious truth. It’s like if I tweeted “aliens landed in my backyard this morning” with a link. That would get a lot more clicks than a tweet saying “aliens didn’t land in my backyard this morning.” 

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

...and as I said earlier I would have had no issue with the question a year ago. The players are in COMPLETELY different positions at this point. One is +1800 to be the MVP of the league coming off a solid year where he took big steps. His team is positioned to take the next step forward. The other just had his 5th year option declined and will be competing with a career backup for the starting job. It seems like an odd time to compare the 2.

Who will have a better career from here on out Josh Allen or Daniel Jones is a reasonable question. I happen to believe that it will be Allen but can see where you may go Jones. Both are young players that had some questions coming out. Both have had some good moments and some bad moments. Both are UNQUESTIONED STARTERS with questions lingering. The same could be said for Baker or Darnold. There are plenty of reasonable comparisons for Allen at this point.

They answered Allen to have an out. If he continues to develop they can always fall back on “while we said it would be Allen.” They asked the question to troll. It’s the same reason that they said Duck Hodges was the better QB in the Pittsburgh matchup. You get a lot more clicks by sensationalism than you do with the obvious truth. It’s like if I tweeted “aliens landed in my backyard this morning” with a link. That would get a lot more clicks than a tweet saying “aliens didn’t land in my backyard this morning.” 

Ok, but why is this so upsetting? 

If you're a Bills fan and you get upset at this I have to ask why? 

Why is the natural reaction to rush in and defend all the time?

5 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

This is like when Bills fans argued Trent Edwards, JP Losman or Ryan Fitzpatrick. Whether they're ranked 27th or 21st, it's the bottom 3rd of the league. 

So Trubisky is the latest media whipping boy and that's fine, PFF wants some clicks, ok, but Allen's play has come under more scrutiny since the season ended the way it did. 

Like I said above, 2018 I don't give much thought, he was a raw rookie with an empty cupboard to work with. In 2019, he was much better relative to himself. 

Now he needs to climb the ranks of the league. Because people scoff at someone like Gardner Minshew. But he came in and had better passing numbers right away for a Jags team under archaic Doug Marrone.  Maybe the raw passing numbers don't tell the whole story, still the ranking range is still the same, 20's. And the Bills can't really win like that. 

The question wasn’t though “is Josh Allen a top 20 QB?” The question is “who will have the better career?” PFF knows that 99.99% of people, at this point, will say Josh. They picked such an extreme to troll.

FWIW, I could have lived with Minshew. At least he appears ascending and is a starter.

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

None of this is what PFF said in their video. You are arguing something no one else is arguing.

Asking “would you take Trubisky or Allen” is a dumb question at this stage. Period. PFF asked that question to troll Bills fans. Period.

Just now, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Ok, but why is this so upsetting? 

If you're a Bills fan and you get upset at this I have to ask why? 

Why is the natural reaction to rush in and defend all the time?

hey big guy...we've seen you upset a number of times on here.  we could ask you the same question.

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

The question wasn’t though “is Josh Allen a top 20 QB?” The question is “who will have the better career?” PFF knows that 99.99% of people, at this point, will say Josh. They picked such an extreme to troll.

FWIW, I could have lived with Minshew. At least he appears ascending and is a starter.

Even more telling, they broached this subject with “I’ve been pondering this question for a few days” and then the other guy goes, “hands down Josh Allen.” Then the guy who was pondering goes with, “yeah Trubisky was a better prospect coming out but I go with Josh Allen.” 

There’s zero actual debate or effort. It wasn’t even a discussion. It was solely a point made for a clickbait troll headline.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, FireChans said:

None of this is what PFF said in their video. You are arguing something no one else is arguing.

Asking “would you take Trubisky or Allen” is a dumb question at this stage. Period. PFF asked that question to troll Bills fans. Period.

I would take Allen too, but it's not this landslide, no-brainer type question. 

We have the hindsight of knowing how Trubisky's 3rd year panned out, so he has two poor/mediocre years, with an improvement year sandwiched in the middle. 

Those critical of the Allen pick based on what they saw in college have not been proven wrong IMO. He displays the same traits as his Scouting Reports said he would, and so 2020 is really a gut check on whether he can overcome that. 

If he goes out in 2020 and the same year as he did in 2019, the Bills would be smart to get more competition. Which is the same as Trubisky faces now. So the direct comparison has less significance than what arc you project Allen's 3rd year to be. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1