Trump v Vance

Just now, B-Man said:

Nope.

Just reminding everyone else that we knew all this last week.

But the left is still trying to highlight it................lol

The news is reporting breaking news

oh my word

2 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Nope.

Everyone under the sun knew this was coming - why wouldn’t we report on it now that it is official?

I sense fear. 

6 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Everyone under the sun knew this was coming - why wouldn’t we report on it now that it is official?

I sense fear. 

Your senses have long been in question...........LOL

Report away, but don't forget to include that President Trump is not being indicted for anything *

* I know, I know, next time for sure.

13 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Your senses have long been in question...........LOL

Report away, but don't forget to include that President Trump is not being indicted for anything *

* I know, I know, next time for sure.

You’re afraid.

36 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Nope.

It's their playbook.  Blow everything out of proportion.  Trump is worse than Hitler.  January 6th was the worst day in American history.  Voting security measures are Jim Crow on steroids. 

• Agree 1

27 minutes ago, Doc said:

It's their playbook.  Blow everything out of proportion.  Trump is worse than Hitler.  January 6th was the worst day in American history.  Voting security measures are Jim Crow on steroids. 

LOCK HER UP

• Eyeroll 1

"Donald J. Trump’s long-serving chief financial officer, Allen H. Weisselberg, surrendered on Thursday to the Manhattan district attorney’s office..."

"... as he and the Trump Organization prepared to face charges in connection with a tax investigation, people with knowledge of the matter said. The exact charges were not yet known."

The NYT reports.  https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/01/nyregion/allen-weisselberg-charged-trump-organization.html?smid=url-share

Are Trump-haters salivating over this?

It's just some failure to report perks as income, isn't it?

It doesn't reach Trump himself, and they were straining to find something to pin on him.

Seems like he'll be able to flaunt this as proof of his squeaky cleanliness.

9 minutes ago, B-Man said:

"Donald J. Trump’s long-serving chief financial officer, Allen H. Weisselberg, surrendered on Thursday to the Manhattan district attorney’s office..."

"... as he and the Trump Organization prepared to face charges in connection with a tax investigation, people with knowledge of the matter said. The exact charges were not yet known."

The NYT reports.  https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/01/nyregion/allen-weisselberg-charged-trump-organization.html?smid=url-share

Are Trump-haters salivating over this?

It's just some failure to report perks as income, isn't it?

It doesn't reach Trump himself, and they were straining to find something to pin on him.

Seems like he'll be able to flaunt this as proof of his squeaky cleanliness.

Yeah, Trump should say “they conducted yet another witchhunt and this is all they found?”  

But you know they’re going to milk this and blow it up as much as they possibly can.

• Agree 1

One month into a six month grand jury

2 hours ago, Doc said:

Yeah, Trump should say “they conducted yet another witchhunt and this is all they found?”  

But you know they’re going to milk this and blow it up as much as they possibly can.

Not that big of a story nationally.

Supreme court ruling, NCAA athlete rules, McCarthy’s GQP all dominating headlines over this.

Looks like Ivanka, and possibly the sons, are in some real dookie. 

I’m no lawyer, but it appears they likely did exactly what Weaselberg is charged for times 10 over. Yikes. No wonder she disappeared.

Trump must be extremely clean if this is all the NY prosecutors came up with

American Thinker, by Jack Hellner

After years of prosecutors targeting Trump in search of a crime, Trump Organization CFO Allen Weisselberg “surrendered early Thursday to New York authorities for arraignment in the first criminal indictment arising from a two-year investigation into the former president’s company,” according to the AP.

The charges relate to paying perks for executives without showing those perks on their W-2 forms, and paying income taxes and payroll taxes on those perks.

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2021/07/trump_must_be_extremely_clean_if_this_is_all_the_ny_prosecutors_came_up_with.html

WELL, BIDEN’S AMERICA IS A BANANA REPUBLIC: 

Cy Vance’s Trump case is straight from a banana republic — punish your political enemies. 

“Corporations almost never get criminally prosecuted for this sort of thing, but Vance wanted the name ‘Trump’ in his indictment.

You can bet that he would have indicted The Donald if he had the goods. The feds — who’ve been auditing Trump’s taxes forever — haven’t filed charges.”

https://nypost.com/2021/07/01/cy-vances-trump-case-is-straight-from-a-banana-republic/

Related: Trump Organization indictments are a travesty of justice. 

“Vance acquired years of Trump Organization tax records, yet all he’s found is an alleged failure to pay proper taxes on corporate perks like cars, tuition and apartments.

Any other company and it’s a civil suit, an audit, perhaps a hefty fine.

If Vance had any evidence suggesting serious fraud (as press leaks long suggested), he’d have included them already. . . . All that Vance & Co. really have is partisan hate, not evidence.”

https://nypost.com/2021/07/01/trump-organization-indictments-are-a-travesty-of-justice/

57 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Trump must be extremely clean if this is all the NY prosecutors came up with

14 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Cy Vance’s Trump case is straight from a banana republic — punish your political enemies. 

But Trump is extremely clean!

Did you wash his nether-regions, B-Man?

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

“Corporations almost never get criminally prosecuted for this sort of thing, but Vance wanted the name ‘Trump’ in his indictment.

You can bet that he would have indicted The Donald if he had the goods. The feds — who’ve been auditing Trump’s taxes forever — haven’t filed charges.”

https://nypost.com/2021/07/01/cy-vances-trump-case-is-straight-from-a-banana-republic/

Related: Trump Organization indictments are a travesty of justice. 

“Vance acquired years of Trump Organization tax records, yet all he’s found is an alleged failure to pay proper taxes on corporate perks like cars, tuition and apartments.

Any other company and it’s a civil suit, an audit, perhaps a hefty fine.

If Vance had any evidence suggesting serious fraud (as press leaks long suggested), he’d have included them already. . . . All that Vance & Co. really have is partisan hate, not evidence.”

https://nypost.com/2021/07/01/trump-organization-indictments-are-a-travesty-of-justice/

So let's recap.  

Organization offers executives perks (leased vehicles, apartments etc), accounting-related questions come into play, criminal charges ensue against high ranking members of organization.  According to most reports, disagreements on these sorts of complicated tax disputes are typically resolved in civil court.  Be that as it may...

Democrat Governor on NY runs a prostitution game from the state capitol where he participates in sex trafficking and all that comes with it, no charges filed. 

Democrat Attorney General with a drug habit is accused of battering at least 5 women, no charges filed.

Democrat Governor of NY (also accused of sexual harassment/offensive workplace conduct) forces nursing homes in the state to accept COVID patients where our most vulnerable citizens reside, resulting in thousands of deaths, subsequently creates a scheme to cook the books to mislead patients, their families and the public, no charges filed.  

Sounds about right for NY politics. 🤡

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

So let's recap.  

Organization offers executives perks (leased vehicles, apartments etc), accounting-related questions come into play, criminal charges ensue against high ranking members of organization.  According to most reports, disagreements on these sorts of complicated tax disputes are typically resolved in civil court.  Be that as it may...

Democrat Governor on NY runs a prostitution game from the state capitol where he participates in sex trafficking and all that comes with it, no charges filed. 

Democrat Attorney General with a drug habit is accused of battering at least 5 women, no charges filed.

Democrat Governor of NY (also accused of sexual harassment/offensive workplace conduct) forces nursing homes in the state to accept COVID patients where our most vulnerable citizens reside, resulting in thousands of deaths, subsequently creates a scheme to cook the books to mislead patients, their families and the public, no charges filed.  

Sounds about right for NY politics. 🤡

I think the big thing that you’re missing is we’re only 1 month into a 6 month grand jury.

Grand jury was convened late May. “The panel was convened recently and will sit three days a week for six months.” 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/trump-investigation-grand-jury/2021/05/25/5f47911c-bcca-11eb-83e3-0ca705a96ba4_story.html

We’re 1/6th of the way through the criminal investigation. The Trump Org and their CFO has already been indicted. What indictments will come in the other 5/6ths of the grand jury?

The indictment alone should cripple the Trump Org. Banks won’t lend money to an indicted company.

$1.7 million dollars of unreported income is not purely civil. At the IRS $14,000 of unreported income at SBSE requires a manager conference on possible Criminal Investigations referral.

In addition, Leona Helmsley saw criminal prosecution for fringe benefits where she tried having her company pay for home renovations. Trump himself even called her a tax fraud for it and I quote “disgrace to humanity.”

1 minute ago, Backintheday544 said:

I think the big thing that you’re missing is we’re only 1 month into a 6 month grand jury.

Grand jury was convened late May. “The panel was convened recently and will sit three days a week for six months.” 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/trump-investigation-grand-jury/2021/05/25/5f47911c-bcca-11eb-83e3-0ca705a96ba4_story.html

We’re 1/6th of the way through the criminal investigation. The Trump Org and their CFO has already been indicted. What indictments will come in the other 5/6ths of the grand jury?

The indictment alone should cripple the Trump Org. Banks won’t lend money to an indicted company.

$1.7 million dollars of unreported income is not purely civil. At the IRS $14,000 of unreported income at SBSE requires a manager conference on possible Criminal Investigations referral.

In addition, Leona Helmsley saw criminal prosecution for fringe benefits where she tried having her company pay for home renovations. Trump himself even called her a tax fraud for it and I quote “disgrace to humanity.”

No, I'm not missing any of that.  I'm not in the AG's office, I have no idea what constitutes a crime nor do I know anything about what's required to legally/lawfully get fringe benefits or perks.  I have my thoughts on the ability to justify such things, but I don't swim in those waters so it is what it is.  Maybe this employer-provided-apartment thing is way more dangerous to the collective than it sounds.  

As for the grand jury, the reality is in our system, they could indict a monkey for eating a banana.  The process is one-sided, with a presentation by the prosecutor from the most important office in NYS laying out all the reasons to push forward to a bunch of folks just like me--unschooled in the law, tax regulation, or anything close to what passes as 'business as usual' in the state.  Having sat on a grand jury, job one for the prosecution is not to blurt out "THIS IS A SETUP" and beyond that, you're pretty much good to go.  Historically,  I think, it means one of three things:

1. You're guilty of something and they feel they can prove it;

2. You're not guilty, but unlucky enough that the people responsible for such things think you are;

3. Someone is out to get you;

I have no idea what the deal is here.

I simply made the point that some crime is criminal but viewed as no big deal, some crime acceptable when you're a power broker in NYS, and the probability that something isn't actually a crime might well be pursued as criminal especially when you consider the players who held the AG position over the past decade or so. 

NYS is a clown show.  It's rife with corruption, money and power rules the day, and its not a stretch to say that a guy driving a Mercedes provided by his employer is a way, way bigger issue to some than a sex trafficking governor and being the architect of a scheme that leaves thousands of our elderly folks dying alone, isolated from loved ones.  

Maybe it's you who's missing the bigger picture--hard to say, the internet is a funny place. 

1 hour ago, unbillievable said:

This sparked debate at work about all the "perks" we receive.

Can we get prosecuted for all the "free" masks and sanitizer we didn't declare on our taxes?

...and how screwed are Google employees?

Masks and hand sanitizer fall under the de mininus fringe benefit rule. How many masks would you need to take to make up for the $1.7 million in untaxed benefits illegally obtained here?

3 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

No, I'm not missing any of that.  I'm not in the AG's office, I have no idea what constitutes a crime nor do I know anything about what's required to legally/lawfully get fringe benefits or perks.  I have my thoughts on the ability to justify such things, but I don't swim in those waters so it is what it is.  Maybe this employer-provided-apartment thing is way more dangerous to the collective than it sounds.  

As for the grand jury, the reality is in our system, they could indict a monkey for eating a banana.  The process is one-sided, with a presentation by the prosecutor from the most important office in NYS laying out all the reasons to push forward to a bunch of folks just like me--unschooled in the law, tax regulation, or anything close to what passes as 'business as usual' in the state.  Having sat on a grand jury, job one for the prosecution is not to blurt out "THIS IS A SETUP" and beyond that, you're pretty much good to go.  Historically,  I think, it means one of three things:

1. You're guilty of something and they feel they can prove it;

2. You're not guilty, but unlucky enough that the people responsible for such things think you are;

3. Someone is out to get you;

I have no idea what the deal is here.

I simply made the point that some crime is criminal but viewed as no big deal, some crime acceptable when you're a power broker in NYS, and the probability that something isn't actually a crime might well be pursued as criminal especially when you consider the players who held the AG position over the past decade or so. 

NYS is a clown show.  It's rife with corruption, money and power rules the day, and its not a stretch to say that a guy driving a Mercedes provided by his employer is a way, way bigger issue to some than a sex trafficking governor and being the architect of a scheme that leaves thousands of our elderly folks dying alone, isolated from loved ones.  

Maybe it's you who's missing the bigger picture--hard to say, the internet is a funny place. 

You make it seem like an either or determination. There’s legal methods to go after sex traffickers. Just go to the Matt Gaetz thread where you defend sex trafficker Matt Gaetz. The legal process is currently doing their investigation on his sex trafficking. The process was started under a Republican President. If such sex trafficking you accuse is happening in NY they too can be prosecuted at the same time Trumps disciples go to jail for things like tax fraud. There is nothing this investigation is doing that takes away from other people going after sex criminals.

• Like (+1) 1

Apparently Weisselberg owes about 900K to the taxman, I wonder how long it'll be before he throws trump under the bus.

It'll be popcorn eating time when trump throws Weisselberg and his own children under the bus to save his  ***.

Must see TV.

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

Apparently Weisselberg owes about 900K to the taxman, I wonder how long it'll be before he throws trump under the bus.

It'll be popcorn eating time when trump throws Weisselberg and his own children under the bus to save his  ***.

Must see TV.

I think this point is a really interesting one. A lot of Trump supporters seem to like him because he will get rid of corruption. However, it seems everyone under him is just beaming with corruption. 

Has any President had this many people in his orbit in jail before? Several campaign managers, personal attorney, etc.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

Must see TV.

You're joking, right?  He's probably got that in his couch cushions.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

He probably does and no tax paid on any of it.

I'm guessing the criminal charges will be keeping him awake nights more than the civil liabilities.

49 minutes ago, Doc said:

I don’t get the point of this reply.

Hes rich so it’s ok that he evaded close to a million in taxes?

Like are you defending a tax evader? And your point seems to be he has that money in his cushions so it’s cool.

What are your feelings about poor people abusing day food stamps? Is that terrible? Cuz I guarantee 1 person abusing food stamps doesn’t cost America’s as close to this man abusing the tax law.

Edited by Backintheday544
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Backintheday544 said:

Masks and hand sanitizer fall under the de mininus fringe benefit rule. How many masks would you need to take to make up for the $1.7 million in untaxed benefits illegally obtained here?

You make it seem like an either or determination. There’s legal methods to go after sex traffickers. Just go to the Matt Gaetz thread where you defend sex trafficker Matt Gaetz. The legal process is currently doing their investigation on his sex trafficking. The process was started under a Republican President. If such sex trafficking you accuse is happening in NY they too can be prosecuted at the same time Trumps disciples go to jail for things like tax fraud. There is nothing this investigation is doing that takes away from other people going after sex criminals.

You’ve created a narrative out of whole cloth here, are arguing against points never raised, and made claims about positions and people that I’ve never taken.  

That’s boring. 

50 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

You’ve created a narrative out of whole cloth here, are arguing against points never raised, and made claims about positions and people that I’ve never taken.  

That’s boring. 

Deflection at its finest.

Do you need a link to the Gaetz thread to see you defend a sex trafficker? 

But that’s getting off the point.

I will just leave this with your quote about yourself “nor do I know anything “

1 minute ago, Backintheday544 said:

Deflection at its finest.

Do you need a link to the Gaetz thread to see you defend a sex trafficker? 

But that’s getting off the point.

I will just leave this with your quote about yourself “nor do I know anything “

You’re bantering with yourself, again.  It’s still boring.

10 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

You’re bantering with yourself, again.  It’s still boring.

What’s boring to you is the many Republicans you seem to unjustifiably worship spend tonight in jail. Right?

3 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

What’s boring to you is the many Republicans you seem to unjustifiably worship spend tonight in jail. Right?

Let’s add again you had some weird spam about sex trafficking in a thread about tax evasion while defending a sexual trafficker in the Gaetz thread.

Let’s not deflect from this topic.

Main points now is 1/6th into the grand jury we have indictments against the CFO of Trump Org and indictments against the Corp itself.

These same people ran a non-for-profit that got in serious trouble for buying a Tim Tebow jersey among other illegal use of non-profit funds 

1 minute ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

69ACACEC-5ADB-4C53-9182-B05DED1F2EC4.jpeg

You’ve defended a sex trafficker.

Trumps non-for-profit has had written confessions to improper expenditures.

Now another Trump Org had tax evasion charges.

This is in addition to a campaign manager in jail for tax evasion, another campaign manager going to jail for terrible things, the personal attorney going to jail for illegal activity, the well you get the point.

Make jokes all you want with gifs. You’re the one defending people who have done terrible things and the only reason you defend them is because they have a (R) next to their name.

So yea. I don’t know. You do you! Defend the sex traffickers more if that’s what makes you feel good! Justify rich people evading taxes! You do you!

I apologize, Leh-Nerd has tried to detract the thread and go away from the multiple criminal charges 1/6th in the the NY grand jury trial while defending sex traffickers and tax evaders.

We will move this discussion to a specific Leh-Nerds biased opinions thread if he continues to go off topic.

please go back on topic of this American horror show.

7 minutes ago, Doc said:

Gaetz was charged with sex trafficking?

We’re using S

Leh-Nerds definition of guilty: 

“Democrat Governor on NY runs a prostitution game from the state capitol where he participates in sex trafficking and all that comes with it, no charges filed. “

More proof against Gaetz than this. It’s hard in the US with standard of

proof. We have actual law and then we have crazy Republican law. So I was applying crazy Republican law standard of evidence to Gaetz.