NFL: "We Plan to Start on Time" - 17-Week Schedules to Be Released Thursday, 8pm ET on NFL Network

4 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I love the schedule release day so much. Usually it’s got a lot to do with what games il be going to, (this year might not matter) but it’s still great. 

so do I . Was traveling last year, layover in Atlanta for a couple hours( damn i could use a nice 2 hour layover in the ATL right about now). Between here and twitter, everyone had the the Thanksgiving game nailed...really nice bartender bet $20, as he could not conceive the NFL would put the Bills on Thanksgiving day, got my Venmo during the flight! Awesome!

3 hours ago, Gugny said:

I think they'll start late (weeks, not months), play a full season and have no fans until next season.

3 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Not happening guys. I'm not sure why anyone wants football with no fans anyways. I'm hoping they postpone the start of the season.

My guess is an October start. NBA possibly starting in December. I think the NFL should consider starting in December.

Why do you guys think this? I think by then we will have learned to deal with the risk, have some other therapeutics etc, so i see no disruption at all.

Having said that, Fauci and Birx and other experts have all univesally agreed there will be a "summer break" from the virus, but a second wave will prolly coincide with flu season..which starts in late October. So what does not playing in September gain ? Why start up right when this thing is supposed to return? 

Said in the other thread, if what Fauci says is true, should start training camp early July, stary season mid August...have contingency plans if need to shut down for 4 weeks in December or soemthing

59 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

This thread is quickly getting off topic so this is my last post on the subject. I highly recommend you read this article to see the consequences of that decision:

https://www.newsweek.com/sweden-coronavirus-rate-1501250

As for the topic at hand... there is practically no chance the NFL will have a season with fans in the stands. But I still believe they will find a way to have some kind of season. There's too much money at stake for everyone involved. The NFL is creative, they'll figure something out. I can envision games played at a few select empty stadiums where the "home" team has virtual fans that show up on the jumbotron. The NFL should talk to Atlanta to see about pumping noise into the stadiums.

I thnk just the opposite..no way there are NOT fans in the stands

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I don't really understand the anger. Who are people actually angry at? I don't even think they know. 

Ill tell who I am angry at...the wimp ass College Presidents that chose to ruin my first empty nest year and glorious peace of mind by sending my awful children back home. No back bone on any of em!?

• Haha (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Why do you guys think this? I think by then we will have learned to deal with the risk, have some other therapeutics etc, so i see no disruption at all.

Having said that, Fauci and Birx and other experts have all univesally agreed there will be a "summer break" from the virus, but a second wave will prolly coincide with flu season..which starts in late October. So what does not playing in September gain ? Why start up right when this thing is supposed to return? 

I said they should start in December. I think they'll start in October though. The reason I believe they should postpone the season until December is to see how the 2nd wave impacts the country. 

1 minute ago, plenzmd1 said:

Ill tell who I am angry at...the wimp ass College Presidents that chose to ruin my first empty nest year and glorious peace of mind by sending my awful children back home. No back bone on any of em!?

None of them caused COVID-19.

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I said they should start in December. I think they'll start in October though. The reason I believe they should postpone the season until December is to see how the 2nd wave impacts the country. 

None of them caused COVID-19.

doesnt matter, they are still wimps and i will FOREVER hate them for closing schools down! ( just being sarcastic BTW)

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Not happening guys. I'm not sure why anyone wants football with no fans anyways. I'm hoping they postpone the start of the season.

My guess is an October start. NBA possibly starting in December. I think the NFL should consider starting in December.

If this happens, give me a call and you can have my tickets to the Sunday game that will get pushed back to February. Despite what Marv says, there is another place I'd rather be "right here and right now" vs. sitting in my seat at New Era at 11 pm on a Sunday night with a wind chill of -30 degrees. Damn virus!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Joe in Winslow said:

I live in a state with a harsher lockdown than Michigan's. That's why I care.

If you want to discuss measures Sweden has taken and results vs. other European countries etc, take it to one of the Covid-19 discussion threads - connection to football too tenuous.

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

If you want to discuss measures Sweden has taken and results vs. other European countries etc, take it to one of the Covid-19 discussion threads - connection to football too tenuous.

Meh, It'd only be moved/censored/deleted in one of those.

That’s awesome, but I’m guessing that they delayed the release a month to shuffle some dates so that say the first month is without fans and that each team is playing at home the same amount of times before projected fan attendance will be allowed. I wouldn’t be shocked if each team plays an even alternating schedule of one week home one week away. JMO

Screw the season.   Skip a year. 
I’m scared to many idiots will come tailgate with the c-19 as the virus spikes. 
like Cuomo said (and I saw his chart) it could be 5 times worse. 

?????

• Haha (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, LittleSammy said:

If this happens, give me a call and you can have my tickets to the Sunday game that will get pushed back to February. Despite what Marv says, there is another place I'd rather be "right here and right now" vs. sitting in my seat at New Era at 11 pm on a Sunday night with a wind chill of -30 degrees. Damn virus!

https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/buffalo/14202/february-weather/349726

I am just throwing out crazy ideas while drinking.

The second game is home vs Pats*. 

A few days before the game, a + testing asymptomatic coronavirus mob of Pats* fans declares they are buying tix to the Bills game to deter Bills fans from attending.

Bills Mafia gets together a mob of Bills fans testing + for Coronavirus antibodies to meet the swell of Pats* fans. 

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

I musta missed this part.  Got a few sources that could help me catch up?  Maybe throw 'em in one of the covid-19 threads.  What I've seen is more along the lines of "we've seen this wave pattern with pandemic influenza, so we think maybe covid-19 will do the same, even though we acknowledge a bunch of significant differences and we lack info on whether summer will shut it down.

25 minutes ago, Mr Info said:

I am just throwing out crazy ideas while drinking.

The second game is home vs Pats*. 

A few days before the game, a + testing asymptomatic coronavirus mob of Pats* fans declares they are buying tix to the Bills game to deter Bills fans from attending.

Bills Mafia gets together a mob of Bills fans testing + for Coronavirus antibodies to meet the swell of Pats* fans. 

you  sure you are having Mezcal and not Mescalin ?

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I musta missed this part.  Got a few sources that could help me catch up?

i mean its implied everywhere where he/they say...will come back kin the fall/winter for a 2nd wave no?

https://www.foxcarolina.com/another-wave-of-coronavirus-will-likely-hit-the-us-in-the-fall-heres-why-and/article_70074db9-abf2-50e6-ac57-9cab3ba36220.html

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/videos/2020-04-30/fauci-is-almost-certain-virus-will-return-in-winter-is-optimistic-about-a-vaccine-video

https://thehill.com/changing-america/resilience/natural-disasters/495211-fauci-says-second-wave-of-coronavirus-is

"I’m almost certain it will come back. The virus is so transmissible and it’s globally spread,” Fauci said,