Kudos to NPR on Reporting Joe Biden Sexaul Assault

https://www.npr.org/2020/04/19/837966525/on-the-record-a-former-biden-staffers-sexual-assault-allegation

Kudos to this young reporter. She also got first hand accounts from people who did not believe this woman (while also admitting that the sources couldn’t confirm/deny these actions happened). 

CNN, NBC, NY Times, and Washington Times have pretty much buried this. 

Edited by JetsFan20
  • Like (+1) 1

Maybe instead of votes they compare sexual assault stats and assign a specific number to a specific act. 

unwanted advance - 2 points

”accidental” boobie brush - 3 points 

unwanted kiss - 4 points 

ass slap - 5 points 

grab em by the ***** 6 points

and so on? 

NPR and Stormy Daniels could moderate any debates. 

5 minutes ago, Q-baby! said:

Maybe instead of votes they compare sexual assault stats and assign a specific number to a specific act. 

unwanted advance - 2 points

”accidental” boobie brush - 3 points 

unwanted kiss - 4 points 

ass slap - 5 points 

grab em by the ***** 6 points

and so on? 

NPR and Stormy Daniels could moderate any debates. 

I think we can make this into an American Ninja Warrior type obstacle course

• Like (+1) 1

Some details of Reade's account have been inconsistent, and her story has changed over time. In spring 2019, she came forward with an account of Biden touching her shoulder and neck in a way that made her feel uncomfortable, but she never mentioned sexual assault. Then in late March of this year, she went on a left-leaning podcast, The Katie Halper Show, and gave a graphic account of sexual assault similar to what she has told NPR. The story took off on left-wing and right-wing corners of the Internet. 

Some supporters of the former vice president, suggest Reade has a political motive. They have tried to discredit her by pointing to her changing story, as well as her outspoken support for Bernie Sanders, who was Biden's final presidential primary challenger. Reade also had demonstrated support for candidates Elizabeth Warren and Marianne Williamson, both of whom had earlier dropped out of the race.

Other critics have pointed to her effusive online posts praising the Russian leader Vladimir Putin; Reade says she was enamored with Russia while writing a novel and has publicly walked back those statements. And yet others have questioned why, as recently as 2017, she had taken to the Internet to praise Biden.  

6 minutes ago, daz28 said:

I stopped reading when she said Biden said to her, "C'mon man, I thought you liked me".  Does she really expect anyone to believe that he really said something that stupid?

image.thumb.jpeg.9d3c197c461e0f70d326cd89e13a18c4.jpeg

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/politics/joe-biden-when-a-woman-alleges-sexual-assault-presume-she-is-telling-the-truth/2018/09/17/7718c532-badd-11e8-a8aa-860695e7f3fc_story.html%3foutputType=amp

Joe Biden: When a woman alleges sexual assault, presume she is telling the truth

1 minute ago, Joe Miner said:

Sometimes I wonder what point people are trying to make.  If you think that it's silly to think all allegations are true, then don't play the double standard card.  Be consistent.  

2 minutes ago, daz28 said:

Sometimes I wonder what point people are trying to make.  If you think that it's silly to think all allegations are true, then don't play the double standard card.  Be consistent.  

The point people are making is that when you say #BelieveAllWomen, it is hypocritical to then say #OnlyBelieveWomenBlamingRepublicans. But you knew that...

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

... Other critics have pointed to her effusive online posts praising the Russian leader Vladimir Putin; Reade says she was enamored with Russia while writing a novel and has publicly walked back those statements. And yet others have questioned why, as recently as 2017, she had taken to the Internet to praise Biden.  

you guys just can't stop with the "Russia" hysteria can you? too *****in' funny.

18 minutes ago, daz28 said:

I stopped reading when she said Biden said to her, "C'mon man, I thought you liked me".  Does she really expect anyone to believe that he really said something that stupid?

umm... we are talking about slow Joe here, right?

Edited by Foxx
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, KRC said:

The point people are making is that when you say #BelieveAllWomen, it is hypocritical to then say #OnlyBelieveWomenBlamingRepublicans. But you knew that...

I'm in the camp that unless you have some corroboration, you should be at some risk of penalty of defamation.  If she has 5 or 6 people coming forward saying, yes that's exactly what she said to me at the time, or some other evidence, then she's not credible.  Trump admitted to sexual assault, then said it was locker room talk.  Totally different

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, daz28 said:

I'm in the camp that unless you have some corroboration, you should be at some risk of penalty of defamation.  If she has 5 or 6 people coming forward saying, yes that's exactly what she said to me at the time, or some other evidence, then she's not credible.  Trump admitted to sexual assault, then said it was locker room talk.  Totally different

How did Trump admit to sexual assault?

Just now, daz28 said:

"I don't even wait. And when you're a star, they let you do it. You can do anything. ... Grab them by the *****. You can do anything."

Please post the entire quote, not edited words.

• Like (+1) 1