Kudos to NPR on Reporting Joe Biden Sexaul Assault

9 minutes ago, GG said:

Because there were recordings of the encounters, accusers filed police reports at the time, and everyone knew what was going on in real time!!!   But other than that ...

Another thing to note is that while it's widely known that Trump has always had a loose interpretation of fidelity, none of his dalliances occurred with his underlings.  Now compare that with the lecherous behavior of the people who are slinging the sharpest arrows at him.   Even you have to admit there's no comparing an extramarital affair with a Playmate with a super-powerful boss forcing himself on his subordinates.

I'm only trying to discuss this as general accusations from the legal standpoint, and I like the idea that any accuser MUST file a police report if they are going to make an accusation public.  I mean it's at least something to hold them to.

7 minutes ago, KRC said:

Yeah...ignore that.

Don't need the peanut gallery to chime in when they have no idea what I'm discussing.  I'm just trying to discuss what safeguards that the accuser and accused can do to protect themselves from rape or a false allegation.

Edited by daz28

Just now, daz28 said:

I'm only trying to discuss this as general accusations from the legal standpoint, and I like the idea that any accuser MUST file a police report if they are going to make an accusation public.  I mean it's at least something to hold them to.

Read Ronan Farrow's pieces on the Weinstein affair and how he was protected by the industry and powerful politicians.  It's disgusting.

2 minutes ago, GG said:

Read Ronan Farrow's pieces on the Weinstein affair and how he was protected by the industry and powerful politicians.  It's disgusting.

I don't care about Weinstein.  I'm sure he's a scumbag and did it.  What I am interested in is things like where you say he was being protected.  

Edited by daz28

4 minutes ago, daz28 said:

I don't care about Weinstein.  I'm sure he's a scumbag and did it.  What I am interested in is things like where you say he was being protected.  

That is very well documented.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, daz28 said:

I don't care about Weinstein.  I'm sure he's a scumbag and did it.  

That's fair -- but it's not really about him. It's about who enabled him to abuse as many people as he did and why they allowed it in the first place. It's a strikingly similar list to all those people who enabled Epstein to carry out his activities for decades while visiting the White House and hobnobbing with most of the entertainment and political world. It wasn't just democrats, it was a bi-partisan effort to allow both men to continue unabated. 

Just listen to No Name's wife: 

Mind you, this is the same woman whose foundation took millions from the cartels to keep human trafficking pipelines open along the southern border for decades. She knew, and admits that she knew, that Epstein was preying on children for decades and despite running a foundation supposedly dedicated to stopping human trafficking (especially among women and children) yet she said nothing. 

She did nothing. 

Why? 

Because he's in their club. And it is a club. 

Edited by Deranged Rhino
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

That's fair -- but it's not really about him. It's about who enabled him to abuse as many people as he did and why they allowed it in the first place. It's a strikingly similar list to all those people who enabled Epstein to carry out his activities for decades while visiting the White House and hobnobbing with most of the entertainment and political world. It wasn't just democrats, it was a bi-partisan effort to allow both men to continue unabated. 

Just listen to No Name's wife: 

Mind you, this is the same woman whose foundation took millions from the cartels to keep human trafficking pipelines open along the southern border for decades. She knew, and admits that she knew, that Epstein was preying on children for decades and despite running a foundation supposedly dedicated to stopping human trafficking (especially among women and children) and yet she said nothing. 

Did nothing. 

Why? 

Because he's in their club. And it is a club. 

Wrong headline.  The buried lede isn't "we all knew about him" but "we were all afraid of him..."    That's quite the Freudian slip.

• Like (+1) 2

This is why this is such an interesting topic is that men have been getting away with this for a long time, and now women can accuse to get paid for their silence.  How can we get to the truth of the matter?

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GG said:

Wrong headline.  The buried lede isn't "we all knew about him" but "we were all afraid of him..."    That's quite the Freudian slip.

True indeed. 

1 minute ago, daz28 said:

This is why this is such an interesting topic is that men have been getting away with this for a long time, and now women can accuse to get paid for their silence.  How can we get to the truth of the matter?

Not just men. Hillary made her career demolishing women who dared accuse her husband. She protected Weinstein and Epstein even after the dirt was known on both. That's not to make this about HRC, but to point out that this is deeper than men = bad. This is systemic and protected by those with power. 

Because that's ultimately what it's about. Power. They have it, and want to abuse it. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

True indeed. 

Not just men. Hillary made her career demolishing women who dared accuse her husband. She protected Weinstein and Epstein even after the dirt was known on both. That's not to make this about HRC, but to point out that this is deeper than men = bad. This is systemic and protected by those with power. 

Because that's ultimately what it's about. Power. They have it, and want to abuse it. 

Yes definitely about power, and I'm not trying to paint men bad.  I'm trying to see it from both sides.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, daz28 said:

I stopped reading when she said Biden said to her, "C'mon man, I thought you liked me".  Does she really expect anyone to believe that he really said something that stupid?

^^^ the dumbest thing you’ll read all week 

???

10 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

^^^ the dumbest thing you’ll read all week 

???

I've never tried sexually assaulting a woman before, but if I did I can't imagine myself saying that.  Maybe if a gay guy tried going after another gay guy??  I dunno, maybe you're an expert, what would you say when she refused your unwanted advances?  I just listened to the Weinstein audio, and didn't hear him say "c'mon man" to her.  Maybe it's just a Biden thing.  You know creepy Joe and all.  

40 minutes ago, daz28 said:

I've never tried sexually assaulting a woman before, but if I did I can't imagine myself saying that.  Maybe if a gay guy tried going after another gay guy??  I dunno, maybe you're an expert, what would you say when she refused your unwanted advances?  I just listened to the Weinstein audio, and didn't hear him say "c'mon man" to her.  Maybe it's just a Biden thing.  You know creepy Joe and all.  

sounds derpy.    post less.   

6 pages, this turned into gold.

8 hours ago, daz28 said:

You can't, when republicans and democrats are at the center the truth will never happen.

Edited by Hardhatharry