Peter King: NFL People Show Lives in Quarantine (Hauschka featured)

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/04/13/nfl-draft-rumors-coronavirus-life-peter-king/

I’ve got a 2-and-a-half-year-old son, and my wife Lindsey and I are expecting another boy in a month. We’re trying to be super-cautious. We decided to have a home birth, and that decision looks even better now. I probably wouldn’t be allowed in the delivery room in the hospital now. Being home so much, I’ve taken a deep dive into cooking. Made some pretty good pizza this week. And I’m with Jones, my son, most of the day. I’ve spent a lot of time looking for snails and playing with trucks . . . and reading up on potty-training. I know there’s chaos in different parts of the country right now, but there’s also a lot of goodness in society now, with things slowing down. People have hit the pause button. I see neighbors talking to neighbors.

“I’ve been doing FaceTime workouts with my trainer. I’m able to use kettle bells, TRX, the Keiser Functional Trainer and Pilates equipment.

“It’s a really unique time. It’s super weird. So many livelihoods—we’re all in a state of limbo. Still, I feel fortunate to be alive right now in this great country.”

31 minutes ago, CNYfan said:

I am in on the Lemon Juice thing.  Health elixir extraordinaire 

Mmmmmmmm I chug fresh Lemon juice straight whenever I can!!

27 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

How much at once? 

A gallon.... J/k

The juice of 3-4 regular sized Eureka Lemons is around a 1/2 cup. You can drink it like a man and chase it with water to cut the acid or you can make a lemonade (16 oz of water) minus sugar!:wub:

9 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

Mmmmmmmm I chug fresh Lemon juice straight whenever I can!!

A gallon.... J/k

The juice of 3-4 regular sized Eureka Lemons is around a 1/2 cup. You can drink it like a man and chase it with water to cut the acid or you can make a lemonade (16 oz of water) minus sugar!:wub:

I will just add to my martinis. At this point I’m more likely to die of cyrrhosis of the liver than Covid 

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I'm actually amazed King wrote *anything* regarding the Buffalo Bills. He has a huge blind spot when it comes to them. Too small-market for the hot-take King. He used to be good, now he's lazy.

10 hours ago, Logic said:

I’m sorry, but surely when the headline “How Jordan Poyer is staying busy during quarantine” came up, we all immediately thought the same thing, right? ?

Cruising UB bars is off the list though...

2 hours ago, todd said:

I'm actually amazed King wrote *anything* regarding the Buffalo Bills. He has a huge blind spot when it comes to them. Too small-market for the hot-take King. He used to be good, now he's lazy.

He's semi-retired.   And what exactly is comment-worth in Buffalo?    Or what difference would it make if he wrote something?     Asking for a friend...

2 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

I guess my mixed drink ignorance is showing!  Pardon my whiskey breath, I just rode in from Butte.  ?

Well mostly the gimlet is just lime juice and a nice cold vodka outta the freezer  - Belvedere is my personal choice or another good one that doesn’t need a mixer.  I’ll just sub in the lemon to make it healthy. Voila. It’s 5:00 somewhere *hic*

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Well mostly the gimlet is just lime juice and a nice cold vodka outta the freezer  - Belvedere is my personal choice or another good one that doesn’t need a mixer.  I’ll just sub in the lemon to make it healthy. Voila. It’s 5:00 somewhere *hic*

?‍♂️ Chopin though.

6 hours ago, todd said:

He’s been on with Murph and Tasker a lot this year I feel like, and had complimentary things to say about the McBeane regime every time I’ve caught the show—that said I agree we sometimes get short shrift in his column, but I figure we will earn our notoriety the old fashioned way by maintaining excellence on the field...

4 minutes ago, dneveu said:

More of a brown liquor kinda guy, but id give it a shot.  I've found spending a bit more on vermouth has made a big difference in my martini game when i make them for the wife.  Maybe stepping up from goose/ketel is next.

My any day go to is definitely bourbon, but every once in a while I do vodka (Chopin or Belvedere) or gin (Sapphire or Hendricks).

25 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

My any day go to is definitely bourbon, but every once in a while I do vodka (Chopin or Belvedere) or gin (Sapphire or Hendricks).

Yeah Scotch and Bourbon are my go to's.  I've been loving Canadian Club and Ginger ale lately too.  Nice and cheap, refreshing, maybe throw a lime wedge in there if I'm feelin funky.