The Big Gamble: Hydroxychloroquine

10 minutes ago, Foxx said:

wait... what?

a drug already on the market, having past clinicals long ago, is now having to be tested to make sure it is not harmful?  

what, exactly, am i missing here?

It's amazing.  Once Trump started mentioning it, it developed deadly side effects.  I hear it's going to immediately be pulled from the shelves and might not return pending the outcome of this study.

• Thank you (+1) 2

43 minutes ago, Doc said:

It's amazing.  Once Trump started mentioning it, it developed deadly side effects.  I hear it's going to immediately be pulled from the shelves and might not return pending the outcome of this study.

Yeah, shocking that people would be less likely to want to take a drug recommended by a shyster than they would from their doctor. ???

You want to promote a possible remedy, don’t use a snake oil salesman. 

Edited by Q-baby!

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Of course it did. Trump just wants to kill people and make money while doing it. Why? Because he's a Bad Orange Man.

• Like (+1) 1

I still find it amazing that this drug is a hot topic, this wasn’t Trump experementing in his basement. By the time he had said it Boston Medical Center was already using it regularly, as in on every single patient for Corona. 

I’m going to side with the Docs at BMC over right, left, Trump or whomever. Anyone still doubting this drug has an agenda. If you were sick and gasping for air you’d take it and you know it. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Magox said:

NIH to begin testing Hydroxychloroquine

——————————————————————

The study will evaluate the safety and the effectiveness of hydroxychloroquine and be conducted by the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLBI), part of NIH. 

“Hydroxychloroquine has showed promise in a lab setting against SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, and preliminary reports suggest potential efficacy in small studies with patients,” said James P Kiley, director, Division of Lung Diseases, NHLBI.

———————————————————————

Just to show you how invested the media is against this, in the same article they reference 3 doctors who don’t believe it works.    3 doctors.    Let that sink in.    

What am I missing here?  This was simply an article stating the NIH would be studying hydroxychloroquine on SARS-CoV-2.  I didn't see a single doctor quoted and doubting it would work.

15 minutes ago, Scraps said:

What am I missing here?  This was simply an article stating the NIH would be studying hydroxychloroquine on SARS-CoV-2.  I didn't see a single doctor quoted and doubting it would work.

It’s at the beginning of the article.  It simply references the doctors that say it doesn’t work.  I read the article of the doctors they were referencing in a separate article earlier today.

8 minutes ago, Magox said:

It’s at the beginning of the article.  It simply references the doctors that say it doesn’t work.  I read the article of the doctors they were referencing in a separate article earlier today.

I guess you read it as them saying it is ineffective.  I read it as saying they were using the drug even though there was no evidence it was effective.  That's the way it is in phase 1 clinical trials.

• Like (+1) 1

A study huh? Let's see now....

This drug has been around for 60 years, and while someone lays there dying from CV19 you want them to hold on a year or so while a "study" is done to determine if it is safe.

how 'bout we all take a breath and be real? Is there anyone on this page that can honestly tell me that id YOU are the one infected, have little chance of survival, wouldn't ask the doctor to let you try it aside from Q-Baby since he wouldn't do anything one Snake Oil Salesman talks about?

SO it comes down to, try a drug that has been used for decades, or die... Hmmmmmmm 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

11 minutes ago, Scraps said:

I guess you read it as them saying it is ineffective.  I read it as saying they were using the drug even though there was no evidence it was effective.  That's the way it is in phase 1 clinical trials.

I misread it.  My bad :doh:

The ***** pill was developed for  high blood pressure. They started noticing what it caused and doc started prescribing it as a ***** pill.  Note:  it bleeped b.o.n.e.r.

Edited by Wacka

5 minutes ago, Wacka said:

The ***** pill was developed for  high blood pressure. They started noticing what it caused and doc started prescribing it as a ***** pill.  Note:  it bleeped b.o.n.e.r.

Did the president promote the ***** out of it like a sham-wow infomercial? 

25 minutes ago, Cinga said:

A study huh? Let's see now....

This drug has been around for 60 years, and while someone lays there dying from CV19 you want them to hold on a year or so while a "study" is done to determine if it is safe.

how 'bout we all take a breath and be real? Is there anyone on this page that can honestly tell me that id YOU are the one infected, have little chance of survival, wouldn't ask the doctor to let you try it aside from Q-Baby since he wouldn't do anything one Snake Oil Salesman talks about?

SO it comes down to, try a drug that has been used for decades, or die... Hmmmmmmm 

Yeah a study.

Answer this.  What is the proper dosage of a of hydroxychloroquine to be effective on someone with Covid-19?  You might need trials to answer that question.

Quite frankly, if you are so sick with CV-19 that you are close to death, this drug just might kill you as it can mess with your heart rythm.

Edited by Scraps

3 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Yeah a study?

Answer this.  What is the proper dosage of a of hydroxychloroquine to be effective on someone with Covid-19?  You might need trials to answer that question.

Quite frankly, if you are so sick with CV-19 that you are close to death, this drug just might kill you as it can mess with your heart rythm.

It might work, so I’m going to buy 29 million doses, just in case! 

23 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Yeah a study.

Seems like docs are starting 400mg twice a day and then 200mg or 400mg twice a day afterwards for 5 days.  The clinical trials will hopefully elucidate the optimal treatment.

And if they are close to death, they're going to die anyway.  Again there is no other treatment.

5 minutes ago, Doc said:

Well then, you're dead either way.

I'd rather take my chances with remdesivir personally.

But seriously, Trump and the Trumpsters are exaggerating what it takes to test this drug.  He keeps talking about messing around with test tubes for a year or two when we are well beyond that and capable of actual clinical trials at this time.  He downplays the serious and potentially deadly side effects.  His touts can lead to hoarding and misuse of the drug.

4 minutes ago, Scraps said:

But seriously, Trump and the Trumpsters are exaggerating what it takes to test this drug.  He keeps talking about messing around with test tubes for a year or two when we are well beyond that and capable of actual clinical trials at this time.  He downplays the serious and potentially deadly side effects.  His touts can lead to hoarding and misuse of the drug.

After you're dead?  Won't help.

And remdesivir IS a drug that needs to be put through clinical trials since it's actually a new drug.

Edited by Doc

2 minutes ago, Scraps said:

You sound like a parrot who just watched CNN

• Like (+1) 3

And clinical trials take months.  We don't have that time to wait for results.  Again it's a drug that millions upon millions of people take every day without a care about side effects, for diseases that won't kill you anywhere near as quick as the Wuhan virus will. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2