The Big Gamble: Hydroxychloroquine

1 minute ago, Scraps said:

If a doctor and patient discuss the fact that the drug is not proven to be effective and they review the potential side effects and both agree to give it a try, go for it.

Who is disagreeing with that? If that's your stance this has been just a whole shitload of wasted time. Regardless, who is your candidate of choice this November?

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, 3rdnlng said:

Who is disagreeing with that? If that's your stance this has been just a whole shitload of wasted time. Regardless, who is your candidate of choice this November?

Why don't you ask that of Doc, Chef Jim and everyone else who has taken me to task?  I don't consider myself to be on the left but I think that is the opinion of most people, even on the left.  The problem from my point of view is that if you aren't willing to cast all caution aside, you are simply against Trump.

1 minute ago, Wacka said:

Scraps, the Bill Nye of PPP.

People can die from water. Remember that woman who died after drinking too much water for a game console.

Hold your pee for a Wii?  Yeah I remember that.

This is a bit different though isn't it?  People have over dosed and aquarium cleaner in large part because Trump downplays the risk.  It can lead to shortages of the drug for people with other conditions who could really benefit from the drug.  From what few, contradictory studies I've read, this might be effective for not seriously ill people but ineffective for seriously ill people.  I think that is part of why Fauci and Birx don't wholly endorse this drug.  And contrary to what Doc has said, it isn't the only potential treatment out there.  The people I'm arguing with seem to believe that if you don't cast all caution aside, you want people to die, to damage Trump;

3 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Why don't you ask that of Doc, Chef Jim and everyone else who has taken me to task?  I don't consider myself to be on the left but I think that is the opinion of most people, even on the left.  The problem from my point of view is that if you aren't willing to cast all caution aside, you are simply against Trump.

Now there you go again, misstating what everyone here has said. The HCQ approach should be thoroughly studied. In the meantime a covid-19 patient and their doctor should discuss its use and decide together whether to use it. Who here has disagreed with that? Who here is casting all caution aside? 

1 minute ago, 3rdnlng said:

Now there you go again, misstating what everyone here has said. The HCQ approach should be thoroughly studied. In the meantime a covid-19 patient and their doctor should discuss its use and decide together whether to use it. Who here has disagreed with that? Who here is casting all caution aside? 

Doc, Chef Jim to name a couple.

• Haha (+1) 1

Hold your pee for a Wii?  Yeah I remember that.

This is a bit different though isn't it?  People have over dosed and aquarium cleaner in large part because Trump downplays the risk.  It can lead to shortages of the drug for people with other conditions who could really benefit from the drug.  From what few, contradictory studies I've read, this might be effective for not seriously ill people but ineffective for seriously ill people.  I think that is part of why Fauci and Birx don't wholly endorse this drug.  And contrary to what Doc has said, it isn't the only potential treatment out there.  The people I'm arguing with seem to believe that if you don't cast all caution aside, you want people to die, to damage Trump;

You're blaming Trump for a husband and wife taking a fish tank cleaner that was clearly marked not for human consumption? A ton of the drug has been ordered with also another ton already received.

Why do you keep returning to that?

Just now, 3rdnlng said:

You're blaming Trump for a husband and wife taking a fish tank cleaner that was clearly marked not for human consumption? A ton of the drug has been ordered with also another ton already received.

Why do you keep returning to that?

Keep returning to it?  Its the first time I've mentioned it in this thread.

11 minutes ago, Scraps said:

This is a bit different though isn't it?  People have over dosed and aquarium cleaner in large part because Trump downplays the risk. 

No, they overdosed on aquarium cleaner because they're ***** morons.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Scraps said:

No.

Well since you don’t find a video of a direct quote by a prominent politician criticizing Trump’s position on the drug, I’ll ask you exactly what you found objectionable in what Trump said about the drug?

Just now, Koko78 said:

No, they overdosed on aquarium cleaner because they're ***** morons.

I agree that they are morons.  That doesn't change the fact the Trump repeatedly downplays the negative side effects of the drug and that will influence people, particularly those who ignore the MSM.

Just now, GG said:

Well since you don’t find a video of a direct quote by a prominent politician criticizing Trump’s position on the drug, I’ll ask you exactly what you found objectionable in what Trump said about the drug?

I didn't see a video.  I read an article.  Nowhere did I see a prominent politician object to trials on this drug or compassionate use of this drug.  Please provide a direct quote.

4 minutes ago, Scraps said:

I agree that they are morons.  That doesn't change the fact the Trump repeatedly downplays the negative side effects of the drug and that will influence people, particularly those who ignore the MSM.

I didn't see a video.  I read an article.  Nowhere did I see a prominent politician object to trials on this drug or compassionate use of this drug.  Please provide a direct quote.

You are arguing just to argue now. Bye.

1 minute ago, 3rdnlng said:

You are arguing just to argue now. Bye.

I'm not arguing just to argue.  You accused me of repeatedly bringing this up.  I brought this up one time in this thread.

GG doesn't bother to read links that he has posted  I simply asked him to back up his assertion in his own link.

Have a good nigjht.

Just now, Wacka said:

Scraps just like Bill Nye. Both engineers. Scraps acts like an expert on medication and No s like an expert on climate. 

Quite the contrary.  I'm not an expert on medication.  Nobody in this thread is.  

8 minutes ago, Scraps said:

The article was accompanying the video of Harris on a news show.   You don’t characterize a Senator calling Trump a drug pusher, as way to object his recommendation for the drug’s use?  Really?

BTW, what exactly did Trump say about the treatment that’s so objectionable?

Just now, GG said:

The article was accompanying the video of Harris on a news show.   You don’t characterize a Senator calling Trump a drug pusher, as way to object his recommendation for the drug’s use?  Really?

BTW, what exactly did Trump say about the treatment that’s so objectionable?

I called him a snake oil salesman so, no, I object to him repeatedly touting this drug and downplaying the side effects even when Doctors appearing with him won't support his assertions and offer cautions.

3 minutes ago, Scraps said:

I'm not arguing just to argue.  You accused me of repeatedly bringing this up.  I brought this up one time in this thread.

GG doesn't bother to read links that he has posted  I simply asked him to back up his assertion in his own link.

Have a good nigjht.

Quite the contrary.  I'm not an expert on medication.  Nobody in this thread is.  

This is the tack you’re taking after 10 pages of arguments, that a news article describing a TV appearance isn’t sufficient.  Here you go Sue, video footage.   Next you’ll probably say that it’s not Harris on that clip.

Just now, Scraps said:

I called him a snake oil salesman so, no, I object to him repeatedly touting this drug and downplaying the side effects even when Doctors appearing with him won't support his assertions and offer cautions.

I’ll repeat.

What exactly did he say that is so objectionable?

18 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Trump says to talk to your DOCTOR you flaming idiot!!!!  That’s no different than any other drug commercial on TV.  Turn off CNN once in your life and you might find out what’s really going on. 

3 minutes ago, GG said:

This is the tack you’re taking after 10 pages of arguments, that a news article describing a TV appearance isn’t sufficient.  Here you go Sue, video footage.   Next you’ll probably say that it’s not Harris on that clip.

Thanks for the link.  Having viewed the video, I have less problem with what Harris said than what I read.  A common complaint is that this drug is not proven effective on Covid-19 and Trump's touts create hoarding by people who don't need these drugs and shortages for those who need it for Lupus or arthritis. Sorry you were to lazy to understand the last 10 pages.

4 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Thanks for the link.  Having viewed the video, I have less problem with what Harris said than what I read.  A common complaint is that this drug is not proven effective on Covid-19 and Trump's touts create hoarding by people who don't need these drugs and shortages for those who need it for Lupus or arthritis. Sorry you were to lazy to understand the last 10 pages.

Do you have the same problem with Wuhan patients needing high dosages of albuterol, such that there’s a concern of shortages for millions of asthma sufferers?

2 minutes ago, GG said:

Do you have the same problem with Wuhan patients needing high dosages of albuterol, such that there’s a concern of shortages for millions of asthma sufferers?

I really don't know anything about that.  Maybe you should start a thread about it.

I really don't know anything about that.  Maybe you should start a thread about it.

Hypocrite.

So again, tell me exactly what words that Trump said that are so objectionable and get under your skin?

Just now, GG said:

Hypocrite.

What?  You brought up something that hasn't been mentioned in this thread at all and haven't even heard of.  How do you expect me to have an opinion?

Be a good boy and start a thread about albuterol and Wuhan with your opinions.  Maybe I will look at it.

2 minutes ago, Scraps said:

What?  You brought up something that hasn't been mentioned in this thread at all and haven't even heard of.  How do you expect me to have an opinion?

Be a good boy and start a thread about albuterol and Wuhan with your opinions.  Maybe I will look at it.

Well for starters, you refuse to provide Trump’s words that triggered you.  Second, your biggest concern about the HCQ/antibiotic combination is that its off brand use will deprive regular users of the drugs if supplies run out.  Yet, you could care less about a possible shortage of another drug that’s used in regular Wuhan treatments.   Just for kicks, are there more malaria sufferers in US or asthmatics?    

Or you simply choose to pick your outrages when they’re blaring on TV?

1 minute ago, GG said:

Well for starters, you refuse to provide Trump’s words that triggered you.  Second, your biggest concern about the HCQ/antibiotic combination is that its off brand use will deprive regular users of the drugs if supplies run out.  Yet, you could care less about a possible shortage of another drug that’s used in regular Wuhan treatments.   Just for kicks, are there more malaria sufferers in US or asthmatics?    

Or you simply choose to pick your outrages when they’re blaring on TV?

I'm simply saying that I haven't heard an issue with albuterol until you raised it.  Why is that so difficult for you to understand?

I'm simply saying that I haven't heard an issue with albuterol until you raised it.  Why is that so difficult for you to understand?

Now that you’ve heard about it, why don’t you start a crusade?   Seems to be a much more critical risk for US residents than a shortage of treatment for their malaria, no?

Just now, GG said:

Now that you’ve heard about it, why don’t you start a crusade?   Seems to be a much more critical risk for US residents than a shortage of treatment for their malaria, no?

Hydroxychloroquine isn't used just for malaria.  In fact, production lines have been shut down because it has been less useful against malaria.  It is used for lupus and arthritis.

23 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Hydroxychloroquine isn't used just for malaria.  In fact, production lines have been shut down because it has been less useful against malaria.  It is used for lupus and arthritis.

And yet it's not the only treatment for those ailments, while albuterol is the main asthma rescue medicine.   But because Trump didn't tout the virtues of albuterol in treating Wuhan, nobody cares about its shortages for asthma sufferers.   TDS is quite the syndrome.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Scraps said:

People are hoarding the drug? Now I’ve figured it out. You’re confusing the drug with toilet paper. 

Who is hoarding it?

12 minutes ago, GG said:

And yet it's not the only treatment for those ailments, while albuterol is the main asthma rescue medicine.   But because Trump didn't tout the virtues of albuterol in treating Wuhan, nobody cares about its shortages for asthma sufferers.   TDS is quite the syndrome.

Well I guess its a good thing for asthma users that Trump and Fox News didn't decide to use  albuterol as the shiny object to distract his followers form his failures in January and February.  It is so much better for people with lupus and arthritis to lose their treatments.  They'll just be in pain instead of suffocating.

9 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

People are hoarding the drug? Now I’ve figured it out. You’re confusing the drug with toilet paper. 

Who is hoarding it?

Apparently people in Michigan.

Edited by Scraps

1 hour ago, Scraps said:

So Trump "downplaying" side effects somehow got two morons to poison themselves using a completely different substance?

tenor.gif

By the way, the woman who poisoned herself and killed her husband was a Democrat contributor. Somehow I doubt she was 'ignoring' the MSM just to listen to Trump.

Edited by Koko78

1 minute ago, Koko78 said:

So Trump "downplaying" side effects somehow got two morons to poison themselves using a completely different substance?

tenor.gif

By the way, the woman who poisoned herself and killed her husband was a Democrat contributor. Somehow I doubt she was 'ignoring' the MSM just to listen to Trump.

Personally, I don't know if these people were democrat or republican but when people on the right are complaining about politics being injected into this issue, your post should prove which side is injecting the politics.

9 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Well I guess its a good thing for asthma users that Trump didn't decide to use  albuterol as the shiny object to distract his followers form his failures in January and February.  It is so much better for people with lupus and arthritis to lose their treatments.  They'll just be in pain instead of suffocating.

Good ***** Lord 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Apparently people in Michigan.

I’ll ask again. Who’s hoarding it? 

2 minutes ago, Scraps said:

I agree.  Thank the good Lord that Trump didn't suffocate asthma sufferers.

Not you’re just being dumb on purpose. You are doing this on purpose right?

“DISCONCERTING ?” 

COVID-19 Patients Given Unproven Drug In Texas Nursing Home In ‘Disconcerting’ Move.

A friend on Facebook comments: “Washington (Kirkland) nursing home: No hydroxychloroquine, 35 deaths out of 120 residents.

Texas nursing home: Treatment WITH hydroxychloroquine, 1 death out of 135 residents.”

Maybe what’s “disconcerting” is the prospect that Trump might be right.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1