Should absentee ballots be illegal?

Should absentee ballots be illegal?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Should absentee ballots be illegal?

• Yes
    • No

Whoa. He's a #walkaway who has done a lot of clean-ups in poorer cities (Baltimore was his first, then he moved on to San Fran). He's also helped people to register to vote. 

I know the "That's not who we are!" crowd will be unhappy about this, but I understand his reasoning, whether or not I agree with it.

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Whoa. He's a #walkaway who has done a lot of clean-ups in poorer cities (Baltimore was his first, then he moved on to San Fran). He's also helped people to register to vote. 

I think he was the vote that made it 35 - 9. A doable week 1 score!

Scott has done more for strangers and communities in multiple states over the past three years than Gary's done his entire life. So what does Gary do? Mocks him. Gary cannot help but expose himself and his alliances for where they truly lie. He's a horrible person who is always standing on the wrong side of history and common decency. I'd feel bad for him if he was worth the sympathy. He's not though, and he just keeps proving it.

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Scott has done more for strangers and communities in multiple states over the past three years than Gary's done his entire life. So what does Gary do? Mocks him. Gary cannot help but expose himself and his alliances for where they truly lie. He's a horrible person who is always standing on the wrong side of history and common decency. I'd feel bad for him if he was worth the sympathy. He's not though, and he just keeps proving it.

Ignore is your friend. ?

• Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Where did I mock Scott? What he is doing for the environment is great.

Considering his posts on registration harvesting he obviously feels absentee ballots should be legal. There's a good chance he reads this forum, too - the red pill posts here! Odds are he was the 35th vote.

Edited by Warren Zevon

3 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I know the "That's not who we are!" crowd will be unhappy about this, but I understand his reasoning, whether or not I agree with it.

There's two very different kinds of harvesting. There's harvesting the ripe tomatoes in the backyard you took care to plant and water. And then there's back alley organ harvesting where you steal someone's kidney's for profit. Sounds like this guy just told the world he's about to steal some vital organs. He's stupid. 

Edited by Motorin'

41 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

There's two very different kinds of harvesting. There's harvesting the ripe tomatoes in the backyard you took care to plant and water. And then there's back alley organ harvesting where you steal someone's kidney's for profit. Sounds like this guy just told the world he's about to steal some vital organs. He's stupid. 

Don't worry, since he's stealing vital organs you're safe. 

Texas Supreme Court: Lack Of Immunity To COVID-19 Not A Disability

In a victory for Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton, the Texas Supreme Court ruled Wednesday that a lack of immunity to the coronavirus is not a reason to request a mail-in ballot by claiming a disability. The question was this – Does fear of the coronavirus spreading among voters without immunity at polling places on election day amount to a disability? Should mail-in voting be expanded due to the pandemic?

More at the link: https://hotair.com/archives/karen-townsend/2020/05/28/texas-supreme-court-lack-immunity-covid-19-not-disability/

• Like (+1) 1

Do not allow anything in this next election that allows Trump the opportunity to cry foul. No thought of maintaining power due to fraud. Make it so clean that it stops legal battles. No hanging chads.

Biden would cry foul to but by then his voice will be so weak nobody will hear him.

On 4/8/2020 at 11:16 AM, Warren Zevon said:

In the 2016 presidential election 17.7% of voters voted absentee and another 5.9% voted by mail. 23.6% of voters mailed in their ballot. 

https://www.eac.gov/documents/2017/10/17/eavs-deep-dive-early-absentee-and-mail-voting-data-statutory-overview

Interesting chart...

State                               Total Votes           Total votes Early, Absentee, or by mail/That %

Arizona 2,722,660 2,042,084 75.0%
Arkansas 1,048,513 627,411 59.8%
California 14,610,494 8,592,587 58.8%
Colorado 2,884,199 2,722,919 94.4%
Florida 9,613,669 6,555,802 68.2%
Georgia 4,147,181 2,426,261 58.5%
Hawaii 437,697 229,562 52.4%
Montana 516,901 333,666 64.6%
Nevada 1,128,492 781,788 69.3%
New Mexico 804,073 541,730 67.4%
North Carolina 4,690,195 3,055,960 65.2%
Oregon 2,051,452 2,051,452 100.0%
Tennessee 2,545,271 1,679,087 66.0%
Texas 8,701,152 5,452,437 62.7%
Utah 1,114,567 772,888 69.3%
Washington 3,363,452 3,287,705 97.7%

Has worked fine in Colorado for years.  When it started the vast amount of both R's and D's liked the idea.

Vote-by-mail was never about access, it was about returning to a Tammany Hall-style of elections, and threatening to undermine the election results if not enacted (e.g. Pelosi, Abrams, etc.).

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1