Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, njbuff said:

 

We know this regime will do what it takes to get a player they love.

 

While I am with you that I don't see them trading back into the first round.......... don't count it out either.

The price to go to 32 (590 points) is our 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th (587.4 points). It’s not happening. The only chance is if there is a player involved that they think they don’t need (maybe Ford or Wallace). Those are a couple of younger guys that may have some value. As a straight trade of picks it’s just not doable.

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

The price to go to 32 (590 points) is our 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th (587.4 points). It’s not happening.

 

I ain't doubting you.

 

But we have no idea which players McBeane loves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, njbuff said:

 

I ain't doubting you.

 

But we have no idea which players McBeane loves.

If you think that the Bills will trade (at minimum) their 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th I have a bridge for sale. They wouldn’t trade that for any player that will still be around at 32. They may not do it for Chase Young. If they had another 2nd then maybe I could see it. This year the Bills will be trying to load up between 50 and like 110. That’s the strength of this draft anyways. They’ll try to pick 3 times in there and then probably twice more. they aren’t going to use all of their picks but they don’t have the ammo to get into the 1st. Maybe they can go to like 40 if there’s someone that they LOVE but that would still cost them 54 and 86. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

If you think that the Bills will trade (at minimum) their 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th I have a bridge for sale. They wouldn’t trade that for any player that will still be around at 32. They may not do it for Chase Young. If they had another 2nd then maybe I could see it. This year the Bills will be trying to load up between 50 and like 110. That’s the strength of this draft anyways. They’ll try to pick 3 times in there and then probably twice more. they aren’t going to use all of their picks but they don’t have the ammo to get into the 1st. Maybe they can go to like 40 if there’s someone that they LOVE but that would still cost them 54 and 86. 

 

I'll take the Verrazano Bridge. 😀

 

Like I have said, I am with you.

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Draft sleepers?

 

Does Buddy Nix count? 

 

:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ben Bartch, OT, St. John

Michael Ojemudia, CB, Iowa

Neville Clarke, CB, UCF

Ke'Shawn Vaughn, RB, Vanderbilt 

Dalton Keene, TE, Virginia Tech

Trevon Hill, EDGE, Miami

Bryce Perkins, QB/, Virginia 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

James Proche, WR, Southern Methodist. I think this guy has very good potential to be a great slot receiver in the NFL. He had back-to-back 1000 yard receiving seasons his junior and senior years, with over 200 receptions combined in those seasons respectively. He also is very good at fighting off defenders. More football speed than track speed, and the guy is an extremely reliable target. Older rookie(24), but that could be an advantage. I could easily see him as a future replacement for Beasley. Most project him going 6th-7th round, I could see him going 4th-5th round.

 

Khaleke Hudson, S, Michigan. Good tackling Safety/Linebacker hybrid that McDermott loves. Had a better junior year than senior year. Covers the field well, and is a good pass rusher. Projections have him from 6th round-UDFA. I could easily see McDermott getting the best from a player like him.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Augie said:

Draft sleepers?

 

Does Buddy Nix count? 

 

:)

That’s Marv!! I’ve told the story on here that when he was the “GM” he was sound asleep during the big pre-draft meeting. He woke up in the middle and had to turn like 65 pages in his binder because he slept through the discussion of those 65 players (literally). He then got up and started doing toe touches and jumping jacks while everyone else was discussing the next prospect on the board. I always laugh when I hear people questioning his picks as the GM. He had about as much to do with drafting a guy as we do. He was a feel good figurehead inserted to make us feel better about the train wreck that we were in the midst of. He was not making ANY football decisions though. The draft was Modrak’s and the pro side John Guy. 

1 hour ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Ben Bartch, OT, St. John

Michael Ojemudia, CB, Iowa

Neville Clarke, CB, UCF

Ke'Shawn Vaughn, RB, Vanderbilt 

Dalton Keene, TE, Virginia Tech

Trevon Hill, EDGE, Miami

Bryce Perkins, QB/, Virginia 

Tell me a little more about Dalton Keene. He’s clearly on the Bills radar.

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Tell me a little more about Dalton Keene. He’s clearly on the Bills radar.

His overall body of work isn't really impressive at first glance. In his 3 years at Tech he racked up 59 catches for 748 yards and 8 TDs. He always seemed to show up when needed though. Against Miami last year he was a complete mismatch for their LBs. In 2018 he capped off our 98 yard game winning drive against UNC. Against Duke he broke a screen pass for a 67 yard td, shedding a couple tackles along the way. Against UVA in 2018, with our streak on the line and around 2 minutes left in the 4th, he caught a long pass on 3rd and 10 to extend what would be our game winning drive.

 

Add to that his versatility. He played TE, RB, and LB in HS and he'll happily contribute on STs. He's incredibly competitive (see his placements from the combine) and absolutely a process guy. Was on the acc all-academic team too, which I would imagine McBeane likes. He's a chess piece that Daboll could really use. Line up in a heavy set and then flex him out to the slot, use him as your short yardage bruiser (6'4" 250), or use him as a lead blocker. Or do the inverse, go with 4 spread out to get their small personnel out, then motion him to FB and break a nice run. He'd do it all. Could easily see him pushing DiMarco out next year, if not this year. He'd haul in that wheel route pass 😂

  • Thanks! (+1) 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

 

His overall body of work isn't really impressive at first glance. In his 3 years at Tech he racked up 59 catches for 748 yards and 8 TDs. He always seemed to show up when needed though. Against Miami last year he was a complete mismatch for their LBs. In 2018 he capped off our 98 yard game winning drive against UNC. Against Duke he broke a screen pass for a 67 yard td, shedding a couple tackles along the way. Against UVA in 2018, with our streak on the line and around 2 minutes left in the 4th, he caught a long pass on 3rd and 10 to extend what would be our game winning drive.

 

Add to that his versatility. He played TE, RB, and LB in HS and he'll happily contribute on STs. He's incredibly competitive (see his placements from the combine) and absolutely a process guy. Was on the acc all-academic team too, which I would imagine McBeane likes. He's a chess piece that Daboll could really use. Line up in a heavy set and then flex him out to the slot, use him as your short yardage bruiser (6'4" 250), or use him as a lead blocker. Or do the inverse, go with 4 spread out to get their small personnel out, then motion him to FB and break a nice run. He'd do it all. Could easily see him pushing DiMarco out next year, if not this year. He'd haul in that wheel route pass 😂

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a2ee66279c1f2f5d418

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't see him mentioned, but:

 

Reggie Robinson II CB -Tulsa.

 

6'1" 205 lbs

 

Next Gen stats gave him the highest "draft grade" for any CB at the Combine, based on college experience, production and athleticism (using Combine numbers).

 

4.44 40

shuttle and 3 cone were near 4 flat and 7 flat respectively. Also had a 36" vertical and an amazing 22 bench reps.

 

Had 4 ints and 13 PBS last year and was 1st team All America Conference. 34 PBs over his career. Not bad considering he only had a half of a junior year.

 

Everything I've seen has him going mid to late rounds.

 

http://fullsports.info/next-gen-stats-reggie-robinson-ii-leads-all-cornerbacks-with-89-overall-draft-score/

 

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/reggie-robinson ii?id=3219524f-4273-6176-83a6-25be1b8cd671

 

 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just want everybody to know that for the 21st straight year I have circled the wagons and entered the 2020 NFL draft

 

I have contacted all 32 teams PLUS the swedish pro league and I really think this is my year

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a2ee66279c1f2f5d418

Feel free to watch the whole thing, but specifically look at the first two catches from the Pitt game (queued there). Opposite ends of the spectrum of roles he can play.

 

 

  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

If you think that the Bills will trade (at minimum) their 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th I have a bridge for sale. They wouldn’t trade that for any player that will still be around at 32. They may not do it for Chase Young. If they had another 2nd then maybe I could see it. This year the Bills will be trying to load up between 50 and like 110. That’s the strength of this draft anyways. They’ll try to pick 3 times in there and then probably twice more. they aren’t going to use all of their picks but they don’t have the ammo to get into the 1st. Maybe they can go to like 40 if there’s someone that they LOVE but that would still cost them 54 and 86. 

 

Agree. Unless you can get into the top 12 (they can't) there is no point giving up a load of capital. I think the drop off between the end of round one and the Bills round 2 pick is not that steep.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I don’t see it. It’s too expensive especially for a team with minimal needs. I think that it’s more likely that they try to get up to have 3 top 3 round picks. Maybe something like 86, 128 & 167 for 89 &  105. The Bills would then pick 54, 89 and 105. They’d still have 2 6ths and a 7th. They may even use those to come back up again. As an example the 2 6ths can get you back into mid 5. If there’s a guy that you love still there (like Shaq Quarterman) you can come back up again.

Seeing as we just exited the late first, I doubt there’s anyone we’re truly enamored with around there.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Seeing as we just exited the late first, I doubt there’s anyone we’re truly enamored with around there.

That’s a strong point too. I think that the allure of Diggs was great but never looked at it from that perspective. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

That’s a strong point too. I think that the allure of Diggs was great but never looked at it from that perspective. 

 

 

So I will publish my first round grades in order at some point closer to but I also have 20 and in terms of names, remove Jefferson, Swift and Henderson and replace with Fulton, Taylor and McKinney. 

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, njbuff said:

 

What happens if the Bills trade into the late first round?

I will read about it in the morning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...