Trump Is Just A Terrible President, Totally Unfit For The Job

2 minutes ago, Albwan said:

At least they have a 3 step plan.

better than

1) screech 'trump sucks' nonstop

It's less time consuming than doing a point by point dissertation on why he sucks.  Ain't nobody got time for dat!

Just now, daz28 said:

It's less time consuming than doing a point by point dissertation on why he sucks.  Ain't nobody got time for dat!

So you’re not voting for Trump in November, and you probably didn’t in 2016. Thanks for letting us know. 

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Bad news, Deranged Rhino and Third and Long.  There is a new list.  And it’s not a good one to be on.  But I think you’ve both earned it. 

Meanwhile, from the world of science, looks like the stable genius might have been a bit off on this one: 

https://apnews.com/a5077c7227b8eb8b0dc23423c0bbe2b2

OMG... a cherry picked article from Yahoo.com's big brother AP

4 minutes ago, Albwan said:

OMG... a cherry picked article from Yahoo.com's big brother AP

Heaven forbid they report the results from the largest study conducted to date.  If you so choose, Fox news and many other outlets reported the same results.  If they misrepresented the results, and you could show how they did, I'd agree with you that it's a poor article.  

11 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

Depends whether you’re actually a chef.  

if you are, asparagus, beans, eggplant.  Veggie type stuff.  Trying to get away from processed foods that have become habit during the pandemic. 

and no fake recipes!  (I kid :); couldn’t resist). 

You have the ability to ask for recipes from probably the best Chef/cook you’ll ever “know” and that’s what you want to learn how to cook?  Veggies??  Don’t get me wrong vegetables are awesome but damn dude. Test me!!  

16 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

You have the ability to ask for recipes from probably the best Chef/cook you’ll ever “know” and that’s what you want to learn how to cook?  Veggies??  Don’t get me wrong vegetables are awesome but damn dude. Test me!!  

Appreciate it but went vegetarian about five months ago.  Wife went vegan, and I sort of came along organically to support her.  It’s sort of odd - I don’t miss meat, and I’m surprised that things I thought I couldn’t live without I don’t even miss.  

and it’s been great.  Lost weight, much stronger, much more energy.  Now in the pandemic we hit the grocery store about once every three weeks and I don’t have fresh veggies (outside of frozen) in between.  I’m dying for them.  

anyhow, given my experience I worry that habits will change significantly with all of the closures and that the economy won’t be the same when it reopens.  I have friends who have restaurants (small ones) and I’ve bought gift certificates from them and donated the meals to medical professionals.  I hope it works out for everyone, and if you’re in the restaurant biz I hope it gets back to normal ASAP for you, too.  I’ll be rooting for you, and I’ll be there to help as many as I can. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Appreciate it but went vegetarian about five months ago.  Wife went vegan, and I sort of came along organically to support her.  It’s sort of odd - I don’t miss meat, and I’m surprised that things I thought I couldn’t live without I don’t even miss.  

and it’s been great.  Lost weight, much stronger, much more energy.  Now in the pandemic we hit the grocery store about once every three weeks and I don’t have fresh veggies (outside of frozen) in between.  I’m dying for them.  

anyhow, given my experience I worry that habits will change significantly with all of the closures and that the economy won’t be the same when it reopens.  I have friends who have restaurants (small ones) and I’ve bought gift certificates from them and donated the meals to medical professionals.  I hope it works out for everyone, and if you’re in the restaurant biz I hope it gets back to normal ASAP for you, too.  I’ll be rooting for you, and I’ll be there to help as many as I can. 

I can help you but your wife is out of luck. I don’t do the vegan thing. I just ate some Serrano chili goat cheese I made over the weekend. Glad I can still get goat milk during this insanity. 

I’ve been out of the restaurant biz for nearly 20 years. I cook for fun not profit now. 

Edited by Chef Jim

16 hours ago, jrober38 said:

He did next to nothing in the month of February, aside from hold rallies, fundraisers and golf. 

A:  what actions POTUS should have taken

2:   when he should have implemented each action, exact dates please

#:  and what the key factor that would have triggered each action.

@jrober38

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Did this person actually leave their house to put this protest sign out there? Don’t they know that their Safer at Home? Stupid leftist. ?  What’s that phone number for the government snitch line?

Risking their own well-being for the good of others.  Call them a hero.

13 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

I can help you but your wife is out of luck. I don’t do the vegan thing. I just ate some Serrano chili goat cheese I made over the weekend. Glad I can still get goat milk during this insanity. 

I’ve been out of the restaurant biz for nearly 20 years. I cook for fun not profit now. 

Will let you know.  Thanks for the offer.  And good for you for being financially secure.  I mean this sincerely; we may disagree on issues, but we all want the best result and I'm glad that you're (from what I can discern) OK.  Hopefully everyone else who reads this comes through this well, too. 

2 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Thanks....I’ll put that at the top of my speed dial. But don’t tell Jerry’s girlfriend. (Seinfeld reference)

Well done.  I laughed out loud!  

13 hours ago, daz28 said:

Heaven forbid they report the results from the largest study conducted to date.  If you so choose, Fox news and many other outlets reported the same results.  If they misrepresented the results, and you could show how they did, I'd agree with you that it's a poor article.  

I checked Fox and OAN this morning and didn't see anything about the story.  Not reporting it is one way to try to kill it.  Drudge has it above the "fold" on his site.  Not sure who else has it.  

I know this flirts with getting back to the sniping about the President.  But here's why highlighting the misinformation is important.  

Everyone (with the possible exception Amazon stockholders) wants the economy to reopen "yesterday."  The only way the economy reopens well, though, is if it is safe for consumers to return to their old habits.  And it becomes safe to do so through the bundling of at least a few measures, namely, testing, effective treatment, and effective prevention (e.g., vaccine).  Chasing speculative, junk science ghosts and instilling (or failing to discourage, depending on one's perspective) a false sense of confidence about the progress with respect to virus suppression and treatment will be hugely counterproductive if we reopen too soon and have to start this process all over again.  So for everyone's benefit we have to be smart and as patient as possible.  

I realize that's tough.  It sucks for a lot of people, and for a lot of people it sucks more than it sucks for me.  But it's the only way out.  Promoting baseless, silver-bullet remedies and encouraging (or, again, failing to discourage) states from reopening where federal guidelines for reopening haven't been met will not help anyone.  

• Like (+1) 1