14 teams in the Playoffs confirmed. Are we a lock?

4 hours ago, Cripple Creek said:

I suppose you're one of those gugnys who wouldn't want any part of a shortened season WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP?

Hell No! By hook or by crook! I’ll take any title and party like I never have before!

4 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Hell No! By hook or by crook! I’ll take any title and party like I never have before!

Wouldn't feel right to me.  Just like Johan Santana's "no hitter."  It wasn't a no-hitter.  Beltran's batted ball clearly hit the chalk and it was erroneously called foul.

In my mind, the Mets STILL don't have a no-hitter.  It was cheap.

And if the NFL plays an abbreviated season, the "winner," won't be a real Super Bowl champion because it would be cheapened.

I would find it hard to enjoy.

32 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Yeah.  I was surprised.  There's more examples of 7-9 division winners making it.  Once you expand the regular season to 17 games those 8-8 teams that made it under the current system will pry make it at 8-9.

It certainly wouldn't surprise me if one did. 

I really like this new 14-team playoff format. It rewards the best record in the conference with a week off, all of the division winners are guaranteed a home game, and you still have over half of the teams in the regular season not qualifying.

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, JetsFan20 said:

At this point why not just go to 8 teams?

Why not just have all the teams make it and give them trophies after their final regular season game? 

Excuse me while I go yell at the cloud in the sky.

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

Wouldn't feel right to me.  Just like Johan Santana's "no hitter."  It wasn't a no-hitter.  Beltran's batted ball clearly hit the chalk and it was erroneously called foul.

And if the NFL plays an abbreviated season, the "winner," won't be a real Super Bowl champion because it would be cheapened.

Tell this to 49er fans after eating Cinci in a strike shortened season. No prob. History doesn’t explain the variables, just who won, who lost.

Trusting the Process.

12 hours ago, TigerJ said:

On One Bills Live, they backchecked the drought and learned a 14 team playoff field would not have put the Bills into the playoffs even once.  I hesitate to say the Bills are a lock.  Too many times, teams that had high expectations in the off season flopped for one reason or another when they actually played games.  However, if the Bills fail to make the playoffs, it would be a major disappointment.

we're golden when it goes up to 16 ;)

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

The  Thursday games are rarely good in my opinion. The players hate the 3 day turnaround, the games are often sloppy quality wise and they are rarely compelling matchups. MNF has been hurt by the fact that SNF took the best games when MNF moved to ESPN and the fact that it went from the only nationally televised game each week to now one of three makes it feel less special overall. Thursday games also ruin fantasy football in my opinion because it is a constant thing you have to monitor as opposed to just putting in your waiver claims Tuesday and adjusting your roster Wednesday and then you are good until Sunday. 

Monday being only one day removed from Sunday doesn't alter the players ability to prepare for games. I think MNF is a salvageable product whereas TNF is an abomination. 

I don't agree. The last couple of years the Thursday night games have been really good. I know the players hate them but the quality has been much better and the overall product is far superior. I know ESPN is now owned by Disney but they might as well have Donald Duck presenting and Micky and Minnie Mouse in the announcers box. 

If you just prefer the Monday Night time slot to the Thursday time slot that is fair enough. But as products MNF has been absolutely atrocious for a long time now. 

7 hours ago, PetermansRedemption said:

First, which season would a 7-9 team have taken the extra spot? Second, what happens when the Lions win. 

Peterman, I broke it down yesterday and over 10 years as I broke it down, 13-20 had a winning record, and the rest were 8-8.  Not one team would be a wildcard team with a losing record, and in that same decade there were two division winners, with a 7-9 record, most notably Seattle.

people that keep purporting a wildcard team will have a losing record did not do their homework.  Don’t take my word for it, I simply went year by year on a google search from 2010-19, and the facts are clear.

4 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Tell this to 49er fans after eating Cinci in a strike shortened season. No prob. History doesn’t explain the variables, just who won, who lost.

You mean Washington over Miami in the strike-shortened 1982 season? San Francisco beat Cincinnati in the SB the year before.

6 hours ago, RealKayAdams said:

I really like this new 14-team playoff format. It rewards the best record in the conference with a week off, all of the division winners are guaranteed a home game, and you still have over half of the teams in the regular season not qualifying.

Likewise. Of all the changes they have made this one bothers me less than the 17 game season.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Gugny said:

Oh fer chrissakes. 

You'd find it hard to enjoy.  Boo*****inghoo.  

• Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

Oh fer chrissakes. 

You'd find it hard to enjoy.  Boo*****inghoo.  

I would, yes.

Just like I didn't feel like the drought ended when Cincinnati got us into the playoffs.

I think the key, here, is that it would be the first one.  If the Bills already had a Lombardi and subsequently won in a shortened season, then I'd be all over it.

But not for the first.

5 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

I would always remember.  The non-no-hitter was in 2012.