There should be a national dialogue in getting back to work

Magox

6 minutes ago, GG said:

No arguments there.   Always easier to pontificate from hindsight.

But that’s beside the point of whether masks are effective in slowing the spread, or not.

...but it is such an inconsequential request, so why not just go with the flow?.....see if or if NOT....no harm...no foul IMO...

5 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...but it is such an inconsequential request, so why not just go with the flow?.....see if or if NOT....no harm...no foul IMO...

It's not inconsequential if it's one more thing to cross off the list to open up sooner.   

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

What???

He’s not taking the vaccine either. Reality has an interesting relationship to reality. 

I want to open up and stay open. If one of the ways we stay open is to wear masks inside and in groups of people, it’s a bummer but not a big deal compared to being shut down. 

No, I don’t think not wearing masks is a right the government gains anything by or looks to enforce long term. 

Edited by shoshin

9 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

We can both open up businesses AND wear masks, distance and such.  No harm no foul either way.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, shoshin said:

He’s not taking the vaccine either. Reality has an interesting relationship to reality. 

True. I don't operate within your fantasy land. There is no vaccine. Your PR campaign is good now, but it won't last.

Just now, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....absolutely agree...FIRST, hope you and your family are doing well my good friend in these troubled times.....brings credence to "fear of the unknown"........we are in the phenomena of "Crisis Management", nothing we have seen since perhaps 1917....we're talking about developing an action plan overnight.....and I think that the Trump team has done an exemplary job (obvious and expected hiccups expected under this type of duress), despite all of the naysayers who have yet to offer up who would be "their guy in charge to navigate the country through the pandemic"....."strange", right?.....just attack with no alternative is the fraudulent way out as expected(NOBLE)....

I would disagree some if your conclusions and would welcome discussing off line.  Doing so here would invite hyperbolic responses instead of real dialog.

8 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...agree.....how can you stop the re-opening because of the defiant segment?.....the governmental defiant segment has been in play LONG BEFORE Covid-19...........

...I think we are generally on the same page....differential nuances are expected....stay safe bud....

Same to you my friend.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

Going back to work and precautions are not mutually exclusive.  And your mask study is from 2015.  The CDC right now on their site has about 7 different newer studies supporting mask use.

Open businesses with distancing, masks, washing hands.  Do both.  No reason not to.

***** the CDC.  I don't trust those bastards either. Might as well wear a hair net for a mask. You'll get the same results. 

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

.....just ignorantly curious.....what is the impetus to "get back to work" when a segment of the population is making MORE sitting home?........doesn't simple "gozinta math" say stay at home until that gravy runs out?.....we as a construction company, an essential NYS business still in operation, lost 30+ apprentice level employees (and a non-Union to Union convert class) who did the math and saw where they make MORE staying at home......so now I'm faced with force majuere ramifications or delay claims as a trailing trade.....

To quote Nancy...that sounds “inconvenient” for sure. 

57 minutes ago, westside2 said:

***** the CDC.  I don't trust those bastards either. Might as well wear a hair net for a mask. You'll get the same results. 

Of course.  Let’s not trust anyone.  That will help us beat the virus.

46 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

.....just ignorantly curious.....what is the impetus to "get back to work" when a segment of the population is making MORE sitting home?........doesn't simple "gozinta math" say stay at home until that gravy runs out?.....we as a construction company, an essential NYS business still in operation, lost 30+ apprentice level employees (and a non-Union to Union convert class) who did the math and saw where they make MORE staying at home......so now I'm faced with force majuere ramifications or delay claims as a trailing trade.....

Pay more! 

8 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

This shocks you? This is the natural result of russiagate, fake news CNN, and the complete erosion of public trust. 

What is needed right now is for the country and it’s people to pull together and not apart.

2 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

What is needed right now is for the country and it’s people to pull together and not apart.

Not really. What is needed is to trust no one...assume everyone near you could be carrying Covid 19 and a. Wash your hands frequently b. Maintain your distance from others c.  Don’t touch your face  d. If you must cough, sneeze and can’t control it, turn away and do so into your elbow. That will help more than platitudes about “ togetherness”  etc etc. 

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

Not really. What is needed is to trust no one...assume everyone near you could be carrying Covid 19 and a. Wash your hands frequently b. Maintain your distance from others c.  Don’t touch your face  d. If you must cough, sneeze and can’t control it, turn away and do so into your elbow. That will help more than platitudes about “ togetherness”  etc etc. 

I would say it this way:  I trust my neighbor cares enough about me to follow precautions, and my neighbor can trust me to do the same.