There should be a national dialogue in getting back to work

Magox

6 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

I’ve been going out every day without a mask except to the grocery store because I have to for two months now.  Shouldn’t I be dead?  

Yes you should. We all should if the storyline was correct. But it wasn’t, and isn’t. For example, since they’ve corralled everyone into visiting the same public places for two months (grocery stores and Home Depot) those spots ‘should be’ like death trap germ spreaders...but there’s ZERO evidence that they have been. And since they’ve locked entire family units into small confined spaces (apartments and homes) those too should have been incredibly contagious hot spots, but once again there’s ZERO evidence that they have been. 

• Like (+1) 1

I won't name the pizza joint I went i to yesterday here in the Southern Tier but it obviously was for pick-up. Not one customer or employee had a mask on. I did when I walked in.....but it came off in a hurry.

Edited by Binghamton Beast
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

I won't name the pizza joint I went i to yesterday here in the Southern Tier but it obviously was for pick-up. Not one customer or employee had a mask on. I did when I walked in.....but it came off in a hurry.

“Who doesn’t want to wear the Ribbon?!” (Seinfeld reference...look it up.)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

This is EXACTLY what I’ve been saying the data shows for a few weeks now. Next time we have a wildfire out here in California I’m going to depend on the rest of you to go out buy toilet paper! Remember...we’re in this together! Yawn

I've seen people say things like this often, but it is a false equivalence. One is a natural disaster that impacts only Area A, the other is a virus that can easily be spread from Area B to Areas C, D, E, F, G,  H, I, J, K, etc.  If that forest fire could not be contained in Area A and could spread to the rest of the country, then it would be the same.

Now, saying that... we are all going to get it! Open the damn country back up. Two weeks to flatten the curve does not mean stay inside hiding under our beds, forever.  If the hospitals are in no danger of being overwhelmed, if there are now treatments, if there is now a better understanding of how this spreads, open the damn country!!

You (generic you) are never, ever, EVER going to be completely safe from life.  And if you are afraid, no one telling you to not stay inside. Do not tell me I need to. Do not tell a people they are not allowed to earn a living because you are scared. Open the damn country.

And masks? ***** that. Here the NIH mask study again. N95 work, the rest? Nawwwww And RID chips? Super duper ***** that. "Get used to more intrusion!" ***** that.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I've seen people say things like this often, but it is a false equivalence. One is a natural disaster that impacts only Area A, the other is a virus that can easily be spread from Area B to Areas C, D, E, F, G,  H, I, J, K, etc.  If that forest fire could not be contained in Area A and could spread to the rest of the country, then it would be the same.

Now, saying that... we are all going to get it! Open the damn country back up. Two weeks to flatten the curve does not mean stay inside hiding under our beds, forever.  If the hospitals are in no danger of being overwhelmed, if there are now treatments, if there is now a better understanding of how this spreads, open the damn country!!

You (generic you) are never, ever, EVER going to be completely safe from life.  And if you are afraid, no one telling you to not stay inside. Do not tell me I need to. Do not tell a people they are not allowed to earn a living because you are scared. Open the damn country.

And masks? ***** that. Here the NIH mask study again. N95 work, the rest? Nawwwww And RID chips? Super duper ***** that. "Get used to more intrusion!" ***** that.

Family of Tyson employee who allegedly died from COVID-19 files $1B lawsuit against the company

5 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Gal?  I was being sarcastic...of course. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Going back to work and precautions are not mutually exclusive.  And your mask study is from 2015.  The CDC right now on their site has about 7 different newer studies supporting mask use.

Open businesses with distancing, masks, washing hands.  Do both.  No reason not to.

4 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Gal?  I was being sarcastic...of course. 

We need a sarc tag. ?

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

Going back to work and precautions are not mutually exclusive.  And your mask study is from 2015.  The CDC right now on their site has about 7 different newer studies supporting mask use.

Open businesses with distancing, masks, washing hands.  Do both.  No reason not to.

So, a mask study from 2015, before there is any type of agenda, is bad? <_<

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Good luck proving that.  

...interesting....."an employee" to me signifies a worker's compensation case first (wonder if a case was filed ?)and in NYS, an employee cannot sue the employer....however, an employee CAN bring a third party lawsuit against the employer via General Liability coverage.....and the presumptive challenge would be some type of negligence regarding "providing a safe workplace (OSHA involvement?)....in NYS, the workers compensation insurance company can and will lien any judgment from the General Liability lawsuit to recoup their expenses albeit medical, lost wages, etc.

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

9 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Even if it were proven good luck in getting 1B dollars.  We should become a nation of trial lawyers as the work would be endless if that suit succeeded.

I wonder if this goes away if there is a liability exemption in the new stimulus bill? (Whenever that happens.)

13 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Even if it were proven good luck in getting 1B dollars.  We should become a nation of trial lawyers as the work would be endless if that suit succeeded.

I didn't even touch the $1b because I felt that stupidity went without saying.  Who did they hire Saul Goodman?  

4 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I wonder if this goes away if there is a liability exemption in the new stimulus bill? (Whenever that happens.)

There should be.  I know our company is walking on egg shells and going through all sorts of hoops to cover our asses with people coming back to work.  As of now it's 100% voluntary.  

38 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

We need a sarc tag. ?

So, a mask study from 2015, before there is any type of agenda, is bad? <_<

Stop with the agenda stuff, please, and let's discuss rationally.  This virus can be carried by those asymptomatic and is transmitted by droplets.  The idea behind wearing masks is to help the wearer from spreading droplets. 

The masks do not completely prevent, they help.  Distancing does not completely prevent, it helps.  And so on.  These policies have helped hold things down, they don't prevent.  They help while we get to a vaccine and more effective treatments.

8 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

I didn't even touch the $1b because I felt that stupidity went without saying.  Who did they hire Saul Goodman?  

There should be.  I know our company is walking on egg shells and going through all sorts of hoops to cover our asses with people coming back to work.  As of now it's 100% voluntary.  

I would agree wit h a liability waiver  And if I were a company I'd go with the recommended precautions.

58 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Still citing a study that tracked whether HCWs working full time in hospitals got sick after wearing cloth masks to justify your discomfort with hot and itchy masks?

You still don’t understand the purpose of the masks. It’s to prevent your expulsion of virus to keep others safe. Its probably been said by about 10,000 scientists so far. 

I can list the studies *again* if you want that show why masks are important to prevent disease SPREAD. And yes they predate Covid. 

13 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

They help while we get to a vaccine and more effective treatments.

There’s a movement afoot here to avoid the vaccine because “science.” 

19 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I doubt it happens.  A majority of DC politicians are lawyers and they are not going to strangle a potential revenue stream.  They have drawn about as much cash as they can hope to get from the Catholic Church as the commercials that used to shrill about pedophile priests now shrill about pedophile scout leaders and pedophile teachers.  Soon the scouts and schools will be picked clean so that leaves business that has not been touched to this point to be harvested.  Tort reform on a national level is long overdue.  Not every priest nor scout leader was a pedophile but we sat back and watched the feeding frenzy as long as it was something we did not care for.  The free for all torts need to end before it helps finish off this country as we know it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, shoshin said:

Still citing a study that tracked whether HCWs working full time in hospitals got sick after wearing cloth masks to justify your discomfort with hot and itchy masks?

You still don’t understand the purpose of the masks. It’s to prevent your expulsion of virus to keep others safe. Its probably been said by about 10,000 scientists so far. 

I can list the studies *again* if you want that show why masks are important to prevent disease SPREAD. And yes they predate Covid. 

...whatever dude. Are these the same studies that said we would be under water soon due to 'climate change". In an unsterile environment, you are simply wearing germ collectors on your face.

6 minutes ago, shoshin said:

I understand perfectly the purpose of masks. It is a cross between making the natives think they are doing something (with a placebo) and making the natives compliant.

If masks worked the wonder you are advocating, this never would have spread in China - where the vast majority has been wearing masks daily for nearly 20 years.

• Thank you (+1) 2

Just hold your stupid rallies, who is stopping them???  Wow, so stupid. 

If they want to hold their rallies NO ONE IS STOPPING THEM! 

Eric Trump suggested on Fox News Saturday that Democrats are "milking" coronavirus lockdowns in order to "deprive" his father President Trump of campaign rallies and hurt him in November's election.

What he's saying: "They think they are taking away Donald Trump's greatest tool, which is being able to go into an arena and fill it with 50,000 people every single time. You watch, they'll milk it every single day between now and Nov. 3. And guess what, after Nov. 3 coronavirus will magically all of a sudden go away and disappear and everybody will be able to reopen."

https://www.axios.com/eric-trump-democrats-coronavirus-c040253e-80ae-4cb7-a610-2b4ebf2c3cfa.html

IRISH DEMOCRACY:

Screen-Shot-2020-05-17-at-8.45.51-AM.png

UPDATE: Americans stopped the economy, not politicians. And we will restart it.

In the case of the lockdowns, it is important to realize that people were out in front of closing down the economy. The evidence is pretty clear that we began withdrawing well before governments at all levels turned practice into legal decrees. Schools, restaurants, gyms, and houses of worship began to close or move to virtual before they were mandated to do so. Cell phone data indicate that people began to practice social distancing and forms of quarantine before governments acted.

We stopped the economy, not the politicians. And we will restart it.

That restart will happen when people believe that engaging in various forms of economic activity is sufficiently safe. Those beliefs will be a combination of their assessment of the virus and their confidence in what firms are doing to make going to stores, restaurants, and the like hospitable and safe.

Looks like it’s happening.

• Thank you (+1) 2