There should be a national dialogue in getting back to work

Magox

MASSACHUSETTS: 

“Of the 5,141 virus deaths in Massachusetts, 3,095 have occurred in the state’s nursing homes — more than 60%, double the percentage even in New York.”

Yet Gov. Charlie Baker, the scold and scourge of all golf carts, gun shops, nail salons and churches, none of which have recorded any fatalities, seems strangely oblivious to the ever-escalating toll in the state’s “long-term care facilities,” which are both heavily regulated and subsidized by the commonwealth.

Ditto, the Legislature, where no one seems to be demanding hearings into the nursing-home death tolls, which dwarf those of neighboring states.

Of the 5,108 deaths, only 246 were of people under the age of 60. Yet they remain locked up, more than a million have lost their jobs, and yet they are daily lectured and threatened by politicians who say next to nothing about the nursing homes where residents are actually at risk.

The nursing homes seem to have a lot of very powerful friends at the State House, perhaps because of the hundreds of thousands of dollars their executives funnel into the pockets of those keeping the rest of the state, where few are dying, in lockdown.

3 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

Well I think it’s safe to say if it’s people from PPP your and my list will likely be very similar. 

Caution to all PPPers. If Chef Jim "invites you over for dinner" use caution. Extreme caution. 

3 hours ago, B-Man said:

MASSACHUSETTS: 

“Of the 5,141 virus deaths in Massachusetts, 3,095 have occurred in the state’s nursing homes — more than 60%, double the percentage even in New York.”

Yet Gov. Charlie Baker, the scold and scourge of all golf carts, gun shops, nail salons and churches, none of which have recorded any fatalities, seems strangely oblivious to the ever-escalating toll in the state’s “long-term care facilities,” which are both heavily regulated and subsidized by the commonwealth.

Ditto, the Legislature, where no one seems to be demanding hearings into the nursing-home death tolls, which dwarf those of neighboring states.

Of the 5,108 deaths, only 246 were of people under the age of 60. Yet they remain locked up, more than a million have lost their jobs, and yet they are daily lectured and threatened by politicians who say next to nothing about the nursing homes where residents are actually at risk.

The nursing homes seem to have a lot of very powerful friends at the State House, perhaps because of the hundreds of thousands of dollars their executives funnel into the pockets of those keeping the rest of the state, where few are dying, in lockdown.

Less than PA. We are at 69% of all our  deaths are in nursing homes. 

McConnell admits he was wrong to say Obama administration failed to leave a pandemic playbook

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell conceded Thursday night that he was wrong to claim that the Obama administration had not left behind a plan to deal with a pandemic in the US.

"I was wrong. They did leave behind a plan, so I clearly made a mistake in that regard," McConnell said during an interview with Fox News' Bret Baier.

The concession comes days after he falsely accused the Obama administration of failing to leave the Trump administration "any kind of game plan" for something like the coronavirus pandemic during a Trump campaign online chat with Lara Trump, the President's daughter-in-law.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/14/politics/mitch-mcconnell-obama-coronavirus-pandemic/index.html

• Like (+1) 1

GENERAL MOTORS
GM had planned to begin its restart at assembly plants on May 18, and the order allowing manufacturing to resume in Michigan paved the way for that date to be solidified. GM had production resume at three of its factories on May 11 and will have others restart through May 26

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a32437841/us-automakers-returning-to-production/

Key GM plants in Erie and Niagara county

6 hours ago, B-Man said:

MASSACHUSETTS: 

You cant blame Coumo for that. He tried.

June 13th!?  Honestly, !@#$ Cuomo and these hacks. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/coronavirus-new-york-lockdown-stay-at-home-extended/

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, ALF said:

McConnell admits he was wrong to say Obama administration failed to leave a pandemic playbook

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell conceded Thursday night that he was wrong to claim that the Obama administration had not left behind a plan to deal with a pandemic in the US.

"I was wrong. They did leave behind a plan, so I clearly made a mistake in that regard," McConnell said during an interview with Fox News' Bret Baier.

The concession comes days after he falsely accused the Obama administration of failing to leave the Trump administration "any kind of game plan" for something like the coronavirus pandemic during a Trump campaign online chat with Lara Trump, the President's daughter-in-law.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/14/politics/mitch-mcconnell-obama-coronavirus-pandemic/index.html

Wow, he’s basically saying Trump fumbled the ball, lol 

3 minutes ago, dubs said:

Shouldn’t Trump be holding his rallies now? Lead by example 

6 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

He isn’t though, lol. He’s not stupid, he just hopes you are 

Wait, I thought you said trump was an idiot? Now you say he isn't?

I think you just had what the other members of your AA group might refer to as "a moment of clarity."

Well done you...

11 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

So Trump rallies are starting again ? Nope 

do as he says, not as he does 

He isn’t though, lol. He’s not stupid, he just hopes you are 

This thread is about getting back to work.  Things must be slow at your laundromat if you have all kinds of time to post here.  I'll drop an email to your boss to see if he can find you more things to do.  Nothing more satisfying than saying you earned your paycheck.

5 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Wait, I thought you said trump was an idiot? Now you say he isn't?

I think you just had what the other members of your AA group might refer to as "a moment of clarity."

Well done you...

Why isn't he holding the rallies while telling everyone to go out and work. He's just a monster 

No wonder he's slipping in the polls with older voters :) 

1 minute ago, RochesterRob said:

This thread is about getting back to work.  Things must be slow at your laundromat if you have all kinds of time to post here.  I'll drop an email to your boss to see if he can find you more things to do.  Nothing more satisfying than saying you earned your paycheck.

If everyone should get back to work, should he be holding his stupid klan rallies? 

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

Why isn't he holding the rallies while telling everyone to go out and work. He's just a monster 

No wonder he's slipping in the polls with older voters :) 

If everyone should get back to work, should he be holding his stupid klan rallies? 

Now you are just being emotional.

And why are you so fixated on wanting to see klan rallies?

8 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

You don't think Trump should lead by example? Isn't that what leaders do? 

So, let me get this straight. You think to lead by example is for leaders to hold Klan rallies? You really should see a therapist.

1 minute ago, billsfan1959 said:

So, let me get this straight. You think to lead by example is for leaders to hold Klan rallies? You really should see a therapist.

You are admitting Trump is a blowhard. 

Terrible president. The dumb people's leader 

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

You are admitting Trump is a blowhard. 

Terrible president. The dumb people's leader 

You are screaming for leaders to hold national Klan rallies and you are calling other people dumb. 

Good Lord...

3 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

You are screaming for leaders to hold national Klan rallies and you are calling other people dumb. 

Good Lord...

Trump rallies are klan rallies, but good job dodging the issue. 

You are just admitting the point! 

I know, I know, you have already forgotten what the point is. You Trumpers! ?