There should be a national dialogue in getting back to work

Magox

35 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Well, he is a hobo  bum so having no bills is no surprise.  Unfortunately, for us his uncle left him a laptop.  I wonder if the Springville, NY McD's notices a stray extension cord going into the woods?

A hobo is a migrant worker or homeless vagrant, especially one who is impoverished. ... Unlike a "tramp", who works only when forced to, and a "bum", who does not work at all, a "hobo" is a traveling worker.

6 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

@jrober38 hardest hit

They just transferred the deaths from the COVID-19 vulnerable to the 25-30% unemployed.  At least the CDC isn't responsible - silo mentality in action.

4 minutes ago, Uncle Joe said:

A hobo is a migrant worker or homeless vagrant, especially one who is impoverished. ... Unlike a "tramp", who works only when forced to, and a "bum", who does not work at all, a "hobo" is a traveling worker.

Hence the reason hobos took illegal, free trips on train cars?  Man, you learn something new everyday.

17 minutes ago, Uncle Joe said:

I thought that he said one time that he worked time to time as a male prostitute hence hobo?

2 hours ago, ScotSHO said:

They just transferred the deaths from the COVID-19 vulnerable to the 25-30% unemployed.  At least the CDC isn't responsible - silo mentality in action.

Hence the reason hobos took illegal, free trips on train cars?  Man, you learn something new everyday.

His camp is near the Norfolk Southern line south of Arcade in Cattaraugus County.

Edited by RochesterRob

2 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Tracking just will not happen. That's the goal of many -- for years before this pandemic. Now they want to backdoor it into reality. 

If you value your civil liberties, your innate rights, and your freedom, you'd understand why this is an all they way bad idea. There's no upside to exchanging our basic civil liberties for a security which is just a mirage to begin with. 

I value my business, my family/community's health, and our economy more than putting up with a covid-tracking-app, where that tracking THAT IS ALREADY HAPPENING can help manage our way out of this crisis. 

If we don't have the backbone to do this right, this two month shutdown was a waste of time because we will be right back here in September or October, with even higher case counts.

I don't see installing an app on my phone as a question I am debating on the civil liberty purity test right now. Trump has said we are at war. In times of war, you do give up certain liberties. Always. 

Edited by shoshin

47 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

@jrober38 hardest hit

Wait, do you mean 100,000 -240,000 dead is no longer the best case scenario????  Who could have predicted that???

Hmmm, I wonder what other models on other subjects might also be wrong...

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, mannc said:

Wait, do you mean 100,000 -240,000 dead is no longer the best case scenario????  Who could have predicted that???

Distancing is working so this wave will come in 30-60K dead over 3 months. The next wave(s)? Who knows. 

I really hope they come up with an effective treatment fast. HCQ, Z-packs, whatever. Anything to get most people back on their feet faster. If we are going to just re-open without a good process to track, that is essential to keeping any economy up and our healthcare system from tanking more than it is. 

2 hours ago, shoshin said:

Distancing is working so this wave will come in 30-60K dead over 3 months. The next wave(s)? Who knows. 

I really hope they come up with an effective treatment fast. HCQ, Z-packs, whatever. Anything to get most people back on their feet faster. If we are going to just re-open without a good process to track, that is essential to keeping any economy up and our healthcare system from tanking more than it is. 

Except the 100,000 best case scenario model supposedly took into consideration the effects of social distancing.  It is junk, pure and simple.

Edited by mannc
  • Like (+1) 2

35 minutes ago, shoshin said:

I value my business, my family/community's health, and our economy more than putting up with a covid-tracking-app, where that tracking THAT IS ALREADY HAPPENING can help manage our way out of this crisis. 

If we don't have the backbone to do this right, this two month shutdown was a waste of time because we will be right back here in September or October, with even higher case counts.

I don't see installing an app on my phone as a question I am debating on the civil liberty purity test right now. Trump has said we are at war. In times of war, you do give up certain liberties. Always. 

you're deluding yourself if you think it will ever go away once they gain the ability.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

57 minutes ago, shoshin said:

As the DNC showed us.  The govt is great with apps.

What could go wrong with voluntarily handing those idiots your current and historical whereabouts?

Stop reacting out of panic.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Foxx said:

you're deluding yourself if you think it will ever go away once they gain the ability.

They already have the ability. 

I prefer this small wave of Covid-19 to be the only one, except for isolated outbreaks. 

8 minutes ago, shoshin said:

They already have the ability. 

I prefer this small wave of Covid-19 to be the only one, except for isolated outbreaks. 

Freedom, right to privacy, and due process be damned, amirite? 

Make sure the bargain is worth it. What you're proposing is too expensive for little to no hope of offering a solution.

11 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Freedom, right to privacy, and due process be damned, amirite? 

Make sure the bargain is worth it. What you're proposing is too expensive for little to no hope of offering a solution.

You exaggerate of course.

Are we not "at war" as the president constantly says? 

Edited by shoshin

4 minutes ago, shoshin said:

You exaggerate of course.

Are we not "at war" as the president constantly says? 

Shoshin -- it's not an exagerration. 

We are at constant war with our government. Constant. They've been chipping away at our rights and civil liberties for your whole life. They scored major wins in 2001-2003, then again in 2013 when the mass surveillance state was exposed and the country shrugged. This war isn't fought with violence, but with our votes and actions as citizens. It's our responsibility to hold those who govern us accountable, and what you're suggesting is abdicating that entirely in exchange for the government protecting you. 

The reality is, tracking won't keep you safe. 

It puts you in greater danger. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1