The China Problem

LeviF

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/19/2020 at 9:37 AM, LeviF said:

It's well-demonstrated now: people who thought the Cold War was over were idiots.  The USSR fell and the USA propped China up in its place to allow our corporations to exploit cheap labor and proto-capitalist human rights abuses.  PPP hero Reagan possibly the initial guilty party, but blame can be reasonably shared among most fed politicians over the last 35 years.

The recent sins of China re: Wuhan flu/COVID/whatever pale in comparison to previous sins, but they serve as an excellent example of what's wrong with America now.  ChiComs lie and cover up a highly infectious disease outbreak in their country, including destroying tests and samples as early as December (https://nypost.com/2020/02/29/china-officials-knew-of-coronavirus-in-december-ordered-cover-up-report-says/ and https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/chinese-scientists-destroyed-proof-of-virus-in-december-rz055qjnj ).  They allow the virus to spread uncontained for months, all the while continuing to send masses of people out of the country.  All this comes out in America, and the Chinese propaganda machines start rolling about how it's "racist" to call this a Chinese virus (does anybody really think the ChiComs give a damn about racism?).  Media and pols, useful idiots bought and paid for by Beijing, happily parrot this stupid talking point during press conferences about virus response and on social media.  Thankfully, our President refuses to back down on this point.  More on that later.

Once things got out of hand in China, supply chains and production suffered.  Suddenly, our utter dependence on China is brought to light.  From pharmaceuticals to valves and masks, we have given China far too much power over our medical disaster response.  Supply chains and jobs that belong in America to supply America with proper American emergency supplies were long ago moved to China (and other Azn countries) by multinational corporations because of the federal government's "bend over" policy with regard to trade regulations that only served to fill their pockets and the pockets of their friends.  This is the failure of globalism as it exists in America currently; globalism only works when you're in China's place in this scenario, not America's.  ANY multinational corp that comes to Congress asking for taxpayer money during the coming economic crisis should be taken to task over this and given strict conditions involving the moving of these supply chains and jobs back to the USA, with severe penalties for executives that violate these conditions.  I'm not talking fines, I'm talking dragged to the public square with a hood over their head.  Turbo-capitalist boomers need not respond to this section.  "Muh free market" is dumb and you're dumb.  Traitors should be dealt with quickly and severely.

The fight over "Chinese" virus phrasing is a proxy war.  Career politicians and others in the top caste of our society don't want us to call it Chinese because they plan on going right back to the old way: sell our interests and blue collar class to China after collecting a shitload of bailout money courtesy of the American taxpayer.  This is a China problem, and we call it a China problem because we need people to fight to take our jobs and supply chains back from China and ultimately hold China responsible for what has become an barely mitigated disaster.  This is why I want the President to stand his ground on this.  He should remove any "journalist" who continues to ask why he calls it the "Chinese virus" from the press corps immediately, as they are simply mouthpieces for China and do not belong in a privileged position.  American journalists have been banned in China so they can freely gaslight the world and suggest that the great American military is responsible for the virus.  We can't let them.

We need to immediately begin knocking China off their high seat in the economic world.  Tax all remittances to China.  Use the remittances you tax to get a short list of H1-Bs and the like to revoke and deport.  Revoke all student visas of Chinese nationals and immediately deport them.  Refuse to permit any Chinese students to study at American universities in the future.  Continue to restrict imports from China through the use of tariffs. 

China is our enemy.  We should never be at the economic mercy of a foreign power, especially one that is our enemy.  Cripple these bastards.  Enough is enough.  We need American nationalism now.

Elections finance law complaints against an Asian day-spa operator from South Florida who allegedly funneled contributions from Chinese elites, likely including foreign nationals, to a campaign committee backing then-President Donald Trump have quietly been dismissed. The dismissal by the Federal Elections Commission came despite a staff finding that laws likely were broken and that the matter merited the FEC’s full attention. The six-member panel split 3-3, as is its usual practice, on whether to proceed, with Democrats voting yes and Republicans saying no. Four votes are needed for a full investigation to occur. The dismissals were first reported by the Florida Bulldog.

Read more at: https://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/investigations/article266420016.html#storylink=cpy

Why are Republicans protecting Trump and his connections to Chinese COMMUNIST elites??? 

Faith based belief Trump is above the law? 

29 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Elections finance law complaints against an Asian day-spa operator from South Florida who allegedly funneled contributions from Chinese elites, likely including foreign nationals, to a campaign committee backing then-President Donald Trump have quietly been dismissed. The dismissal by the Federal Elections Commission came despite a staff finding that laws likely were broken and that the matter merited the FEC’s full attention. The six-member panel split 3-3, as is its usual practice, on whether to proceed, with Democrats voting yes and Republicans saying no. Four votes are needed for a full investigation to occur. The dismissals were first reported by the Florida Bulldog.

Read more at: https://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/investigations/article266420016.html#storylink=cpy

Why are Republicans protecting Trump and his connections to Chinese COMMUNIST elites??? 

“As is its usual practice” smdh. 

DC is worse than a swamp. 

27 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Is this serious.

No Branch Covidian is allowed to ask about China. 

Suddenly having concerns about China and their "elites" connections with Trump purely for political nonsense 2 plus years after you were good with them destroying the planet - you can pretty much gtfo with this mess.   

15 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Is this serious.

No Branch Covidian is allowed to ask about China. 

Suddenly having concerns about China and their "elites" connections with Trump purely for political nonsense 2 plus years after you were good with them destroying the planet - you can pretty much gtfo with this mess.   

Of course, have faith in Trump! He may look like a corrupt scum bag, but have faith! 

You guys want a fascist state 

18 minutes ago, LeviF said:

“As is its usual practice” smdh. 

DC is worse than a swamp. 

We have the best government on earth. Keep Trump and China away from it! 

2 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Of course, have faith in Trump! He may look like a corrupt scum bag, but have faith! 

You guys want a fascist state 

Who forced who to get vaccinated from the flu again?  6 feet?

Take your guns?

Censorship?

Using "Corporate America" to carry out the CCP agenda?

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Take your guns?

Censorship?

I got vaccinated because I wanted to. My guns are safe. Free speech is not absolute. 

You are very ignorant. 

So if this was a Democratic governor in Florida the mandatory evacuations would be what? Ethnic cleansing or something? 

You are losing 

24 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

I got vaccinated because I wanted to. My guns are safe. Free speech is not absolute. 

You are very ignorant. 

So if this was a Democratic governor in Florida the mandatory evacuations would be what? Ethnic cleansing or something? 

You are losing 

Lol this "losing" nonsense again....you guys do live in a fantasy land

glenn-youngkin-guide.jpg

• Agree 1

• 3 months later...
45 minutes ago, B-Man said:

LOOKING WILDLY FOR A DISTRACTION: 

China’s Xi Tells Border Troops To Be ‘Ready For Combat’ Amid Rising Tensions With India.

https://legalinsurrection.com/2023/01/chinas-xi-tells-border-troops-to-be-ready-for-combat-amid-rising-tensions-with-india/

Welp. Maybe Xi is noticing India is the new China in regard to global manufacturing.

Edited by Chris farley

• 2 weeks later...

What the U.S. can learn from India’s TikTok ban.

A U.S. ban might seem unprecedented — but there’s a major precedent many overlook. In June 2020, TikTok had more than 200 million Indian users (then ByteDance’s largest market outside China) when the Indian government abruptly banned it, citing issues of privacy and national sovereignty. The decision came two weeks after Chinese military aggression in India’s northern border led to a high-octane tussle resulting in the death of at least 20 Indian soldiers. TikTok was one among over 200 Chinese apps that were blocked from operating within the country.

India’s experience with TikTok is particularly important as U.S. policymakers grapple with potential economic and political fallout from a ban. India’s ban really did result in a long-term split from Chinese technology, as some in the U.S. have worried. But otherwise, Indians have largely taken the restrictions in stride — and there’s been no meaningful political effort to overturn them. Some influencers still miss the joys of the TikTok era, but investors and consumers have largely moved on and adapted to alternatives.

“We haven’t faced any downside,” said Anand Lunia, founder of Indian venture capital firm India Quotient and a prominent tech critic. “I don’t think that anybody has really complained about missing TikTok.”

https://restofworld.org/2023/america-india-tiktok-ban/

TikTok isn’t just spyware; it’s cultural malware.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

On 9/28/2022 at 12:15 PM, Big Blitz said:

Take your guns?

Censorship?

-I know TONS of people who didn't get vaccinated.  So who was "forced?"

-And for the 1,000th time, it isn't the flu.  You know it isn't the flu.  Everyone knows that, but people spread the BS to try to minimize its effect.  I lost both parents in 13th months to COVID.  The flu typically ranges from 12,000-50,000 deaths per year in the US.  COVID killed 1.1 million in 3 years,  so roughly 367,000 per year in the US.  

-No major gun laws have been passed, even though that has been the major talking point for 20+ years.  it's repeated, year after year, and yet nothing comes of it.  And it'll be repeated year after year again, because people still fall for it.

-Also, both sides of the isle try to "censor" the other side.  Both sides are wrong for doing it, but stop blaming one side while both do the exact same thing.  

-Please enlighten me on the CCP agenda.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, cle23 said:

-I know TONS of people who didn't get vaccinated.  So who was "forced?"

-No major gun laws have been passed, even though that has been the major talking point for 20+ years.  it's repeated, year after year, and yet nothing comes of it.  

The US military was forced.

Regarding gun laws, Biden is claiming to have passed largest gun law in dacades.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, sherpa said:

The US military was forced.

Regarding gun laws, Biden is claiming to have passed largest gun law in dacades.

Military was not forced.  It was "take the vaccine, or leave" which could be said for any of the other vaccines requirement the military already has.  Or it could prevent enlistment into the military, as do any of the other vaccines that are currently required.  A job having requirements to work there are normal.  I am not forced to get drug tested, but it is a requirement for me to deal with many of our larger customers at my company.  Many companies/schools/etc have vaccination policies in order to participate.  That's normal.

As for gun laws, sure, they are looking into "gun reform" the same as they have been for decades.  Nothing ever happens.  Did you lose any guns?  Your neighbors?  Your family?

35 minutes ago, cle23 said:

Military was not forced.  It was "take the vaccine, or leave" which could be said for any of the other vaccines requirement the military already has.  Or it could prevent enlistment into the military, as do any of the other vaccines that are currently required.  A job having requirements to work there are normal.  I am not forced to get drug tested, but it is a requirement for me to deal with many of our larger customers at my company.  Many companies/schools/etc have vaccination policies in order to participate.  That's normal.

As for gun laws, sure, they are looking into "gun reform" the same as they have been for decades.  Nothing ever happens.  Did you lose any guns?  Your neighbors?  Your family?

Sure.

That's not "forced."

Get it or lose your career.

If that's not forced, what is?

Get it or get shot?

The other vaccine requirement for the military is an oft used specious argument/

• Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, sherpa said:

Sure.

That's not "forced."

Get it or lose your career.

If that's not forced, what is?

Get it or get shot?

The other vaccine requirement for the military is an oft used specious argument/

Jobs have rules.  Happens all the time.  Are you ok with drug testing? Alcohol testing?  Vaccine requirements that aren't COVID related? 

My largest customer instituted a drug policy 6 years after I began work with them.  The policy essentially states "Follow our rules or get lost. "  Same thing here.  The military is a career, and employers can have rules.  As long as the rules apply equally to everyone. 

11 minutes ago, cle23 said:

Jobs have rules.  Happens all the time.  Are you ok with drug testing? Alcohol testing?  Vaccine requirements that aren't COVID related? 

My largest customer instituted a drug policy 6 years after I began work with them.  The policy essentially states "Follow our rules or get lost. "  Same thing here.  The military is a career, and employers can have rules.  As long as the rules apply equally to everyone. 

None of that is your claim.

You stated that nobody was forced.

That is not true, and I stated so.

My career had random drug testing, alcohol testing, and prohibiting certain activities like the simple purchase of alcohol  while in uniform, so I'm no stranger to this.

What is your definition of "forced," a death sentence; prison?

The fact is that the military forced vaccines until they wisely ended the rule.

Couldn't be more simple.

• Like (+1) 1