The China Problem

LeviF

On 10/18/2021 at 9:23 AM, dpberr said:

I think that's "fake news" in a way.  I doubt the US was completely unaware it happened, nor were the Chinese the first to do it.  Just like with Iran, there are people with real hard-ons for conflict with China.  The US has the majority of intel satellites and it's got a unmanned space shuttle doing something in orbit.   They knew.   

My guess is the US has already achieved this milestone, and the Chinese may be second.   

When it comes to China, I'm more concerned that the West, with some weak leaders, is 100% completely distracted with Covid and internal shenanigans and the Chinese will take their shot for Taiwan and the islands.  

The implications of the story being somewhat fake news are more startling than if it’s all true as stated. 

4 hours ago, LeviF said:

The implications of the story being somewhat fake news are more startling than if it’s all true as stated. 

I absolutely think it was tossed out there on purpose by the West.  It's impossible to second source or verify.  To what specific aim, who knows.  

The same intelligence infrastructure knew of the unsafe things going on at the Wuhan lab a year before anyone started reporting on it.  Not a peep about it.  No out of the blue breaking news about bad guys doing bad things in a lab in the middle of China.

But...allegedly a test of a super secret bad guy hypersonic missile landing a specific 24 miles off the mark - read all about it!

30 minutes ago, dpberr said:

I absolutely think it was tossed out there on purpose by the West.  It's impossible to second source or verify.  To what specific aim, who knows.  

The same intelligence infrastructure knew of the unsafe things going on at the Wuhan lab a year before anyone started reporting on it.  Not a peep about it.  No out of the blue breaking news about bad guys doing bad things in a lab in the middle of China.

But...allegedly a test of a super secret bad guy hypersonic missile landing a specific 24 miles off the mark - read all about it!

That’s a fair assessment. My thinking is along the line of this is to cover for the fact that they know the PLA stole the tech from US contractors and subcontractors. 

Latest US military hypersonic test fails

A booster stack, which is the rocket used to accelerate the projectile to hypersonic speeds, failed and the test of the projectile, the hypersonic glide body, could not proceed, the statement said.

Because the rocket failed the Pentagon was not able to test the hypersonic glide body, which is the key component needed to develop a hypersonic weapon.

Two weeks ago, Russia claimed to have successfully tested a submarine-launched hypersonic missile for the first time, dubbed the Tsirkon. Earlier this summer, Russia said it had fired the same missile from a warship.

Over the weekend, the Financial Times reported that China had successfully tested a hypersonic glide vehicle capable of carrying a nuclear weapon. They reported the glide vehicle was launched from an orbital bombardment system.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/21/politics/us-hypersonic-test-fails/index.html

Edited by ALF

Biden says US will defend Taiwan if China attacks

President Joe Biden said the US would defend Taiwan if China attacked, in an apparent departure from a long-held US foreign policy position.

But a White House spokesman later told some US media outlets that his remarks did not signify a change in policy.

The US has a law which requires it to help Taiwan defend itself.

But it has been deliberately vague about what it would actually do if China were to attack Taiwan, in what is known as "strategic ambiguity".

China has yet to respond to Mr Biden's comments.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-59005300

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2021/10/22/yes-biden-says-us-would-defend-taiwan-against-china

China will not like that

Edited by ALF
  • Like (+1) 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/19/2021 at 5:24 PM, dpberr said:

Plus, we all know China can’t do anything original and probably copied our weapon. 

• Agree 1

I don’t know how China always gets away with this crap. If I were the WTA head I’d cut this tournament. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2021/11/20/tennis/peng-shuai-video-clip-spt-intl/index.html

This is obviously a small item that the Chinese do. If you look in the new Topgun movie, the patches on the back of Tom Cruises jacket is supposed to have a Taiwanese flag on it but Hollywood changed it to appease China. 

Obviously, the genocide with the Uigher Muslims is an atrocity that’s being ignored world wide including by the NBA who choose the be social justice warriors but don’t care at all about human rights if it’s gonna cost them money. That’s why I think every single NBA athlete is a joke. No credibility. 

All these people seem to look the other way when it’s China because they don’t want to upset them and lose money. I say F$&@ that!

I really think China is evil. I think they are willing to kill millions, if not billions, of innocents for world power. And I think everyone should be training themselves, consciously and subconsciously, to hate China like we did the Soviet Union during the Cold War.  

Edited by VaMilBill

3 hours ago, VaMilBill said:

I don’t know how China always gets away with this crap. If I were the WTA head I’d cut this tournament. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2021/11/20/tennis/peng-shuai-video-clip-spt-intl/index.html

This is obviously a small item that the Chinese do. If you look in the new Topgun movie, the patches on the back of Tom Cruises jacket is supposed to have a Taiwanese flag on it but Hollywood changed it to appease China. 

Obviously, the genocide with the Uigher Muslims is an atrocity that’s being ignored world wide including by the NBA who choose the be social justice warriors but don’t care at all about human rights if it’s gonna cost them money. That’s why I think every single NBA athlete is a joke. No credibility. 

All these people seem to look the other way when it’s China because they don’t want to upset them and lose money. I say F$&@ that!

I really think China is evil. I think they are willing to kill millions, if not billions, of innocents for world power. And I think everyone should be training themselves, consciously and subconsciously, to hate China like we did the Soviet Union during the Cold War.  

They're living on borrowed time.  In about 15 years they'll be devastated by the number of old people they have and a nation filled mostly with men.  Meanwhile there are so many more countries who will unite against them if they try anything provocative that they'll have no way of winning.

4 minutes ago, Doc said:

They're living on borrowed time.  In about 15 years they'll be devastated by the number of old people they have and a nation filled mostly with men.  Meanwhile there are so many more countries who will unite against them if they try anything provocative that they'll have no way of winning.

I’d hope so. First step would be to cut off all trade with them via ships

8 minutes ago, VaMilBill said:

I’d hope so. First step would be to cut off all trade with them via ships

No need to hope: it's what's coming.  You can't institute a one-child policy (one that encourages female infanticide) for 30 years and not have it eventually devastate the country.  They'll have more than halved their population (some of the children will have died before reaching child-bearing age) and again the majority of them are males who will need mates, who will be hard to find, while they'll have more than double the number of elderly who will need to be supported.

And cutting off trade is one tool as they can't begin to feed all of their people on their own.

• Agree 1

41 minutes ago, Doc said:

No need to hope: it's what's coming.  You can't institute a one-child policy (one that encourages female infanticide) for 30 years and not have it eventually devastate the country.  They'll have more than halved their population (some of the children will have died before reaching child-bearing age) and again the majority of them are males who will need mates, who will be hard to find, while they'll have more than double the number of elderly who will need to be supported.

And cutting off trade is one tool as they can't begin to feed all of their people on their own.

I've been saying this since they became a net importer of food some time ago. That's never a good position to be in.

• Agree 1

• 1 month later...

China claims US will pay ‘unbearable cost’ for aiding Taiwan

President Biden had said the US has a commitment to aid Taiwan

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/china-claims-us-will-pay-unbearable-cost-taiwan

The World Relies on One Chip Maker in Taiwan, Leaving Everyone Vulnerable

Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co.’s dominance poses risks to the global economy, amid geopolitical tensions and a major chip shortage

Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co. TSM -0.82% ’s chips are everywhere, though most consumers don’t know it.

The company makes almost all of the world’s most sophisticated chips, and many of the simpler ones, too.

They’re in billions of products with built-in electronics, including iPhones, personal computers and cars—all without any obvious sign they came from TSMC, which does the manufacturing for better-known companies that design them, like Apple Inc. and Qualcomm Inc

Its dominance leaves the world in a vulnerable position, however. As more technologies require chips of mind-boggling complexity, more are coming from this one company, on an island that’s a focal point of tensions between the U.S. and China, which claims Taiwan as its own.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-world-relies-on-one-chip-maker-in-taiwan-leaving-everyone-vulnerable-11624075400

• 1 month later...

In my rankings of libs that displayed common sense and became likeable to me during the Chinese Takeover of the planet Silver is in the top 5 maybe 3.  It's not a long list but they're there.   

Facts Nate.  

I won't be watching 1 second of any highlights of the Covid Prison Games. 

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Like (+1) 1

On 2/2/2022 at 10:11 PM, Big Blitz said:

In my rankings of libs that displayed common sense and became likeable to me during the Chinese Takeover of the planet Silver is in the top 5 maybe 3.  It's not a long list but they're there.   

Facts Nate.  

I won't be watching 1 second of any highlights of the Covid Prison Games. 

The Olympic games are being conducted in a genocidal security state but Joe Rogan is the principal threat to democracy as it currently stands.

• Like (+1) 4