So, did the CCP Unleash the Covid-19 To Quash the Hong Kong Demonstrations

Discuss.

The demos have fallen off the screen since the outbreak.

The Red Chinese had no handle on how to quash those demonstrations.

Haven't heard a peep about them since the outbreak... coincidence? 

Xi doesn't love The Donald... just about inline with the Dems in this country.

At the same time Pututie-in hates the Shale guys just like the Saudis do. 

Perfect Storm?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I'm not there with my own (limited) analysis personally, but I understand how those pieces could all fit together. I see it as being far more likely that this was an accidental release/outbreak stemming from either incompetence or ineptitude by the CCP (specifically when it comes to their bio-weapons lab in Wuhan). The bug got out one way or another, and the CCP bungled the containment early on, then (purposefully) covered it up which screwed the rest of the world in the process. 

But I'm as always open to being wrong there. The only thing I know for certain is that I don't know everything -- especially about infectious diseases. 

We're in REAL interesting (and dangerous) times at the moment because of the shattered trust and faith in so many of our institutions and national messengers. That shattered trust was earned, for a myriad of reasons, but it's created an information vacuum all the same. It's likely never been more crucial to have high levels of discernment and ability to sort through the (literal) fake news to find verifiable/truthful information. The work done over the past several years sorting through the "Russia!" et al noise should pay off for those people who took the time to really hone those skills. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I'm not there with my own (limited) analysis personally, but I understand how those pieces could all fit together. I see it as being far more likely that this was an accidental release/outbreak stemming from either incompetence or ineptitude by the CCP (specifically when it comes to their bio-weapons lab in Wuhan). The bug got out one way or another, and the CCP bungled the containment early on, then (purposefully) covered it up which screwed the rest of the world in the process. 

But I'm as always open to being wrong there. The only thing I know for certain is that I don't know everything -- especially about infectious diseases. 

We're in REAL interesting (and dangerous) times at the moment because of the shattered trust and faith in so many of our institutions and national messengers. That shattered trust was earned, for a myriad of reasons, but it's created an information vacuum all the same. It's likely never been more crucial to have high levels of discernment and ability to sort through the (literal) fake news to find verifiable/truthful information. The work done over the past several years sorting through the "Russia!" et al noise should pay off for those people who took the time to really hone those skills. 

Commies are morons, controlling and dishonest.  Bad combo.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

What do you have change your avatar to?

4 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

No comment on the ridiculous content?  Occum's Shaver has one?  Wanna hear it?

You mean I needed to say something more than "speaking of conspiracy theories"?  that's why I posted it here rather than the virus thread.

• Like (+1) 1

Don't think so.  Through its slow reaction to this viral outbreak, China has discredited itself in the eyes of much of the world which is now dealing with a public health crisis.  China has been going hard on soft power around the world, and it's going to take a long time to regain that trust.  They also managed to cripple their economy and will likely throw the rest of the world into recession.  It's also highlighted for the rest of the world how much stuff, including pharmaceuticals, comes from China, and that will probably change in the future.

All these things are of much greater consequence to them than some temporary problems in Hong Kong.  This is a complete disaster for them.  It's a real life example of a butterfly effect.  Someone ate bat soup made from a bat that didn't live right, and three months later, the world economy is nosediving into a recession and trillions of dollars have been lost in the stock market.  Or it's equally likely it came from a lab and escaped accidentally; we'll never know. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

Don't think so.  Through its slow reaction to this viral outbreak, China has discredited itself in the eyes of much of the world which is now dealing with a public health crisis.  China has been going hard on soft power around the world, and it's going to take a long time to regain that trust.  They also managed to cripple their economy and will likely throw the rest of the world into recession.  It's also highlighted for the rest of the world how much stuff, including pharmaceuticals, comes from China, and that will probably change in the future.

All these things are of much greater consequence to them than some temporary problems in Hong Kong.  This is a complete disaster for them.  It's a real life example of a butterfly effect.  Someone ate bat soup made from a bat that didn't live right, and three months later, the world economy is nosediving into a recession and trillions of dollars have been lost in the stock market.  Or it's equally likely it came from a lab and escaped accidentally; we'll never know. 

Obviously we don't know for sure but that lab being right there makes more sense to me than anything else.  I also doubt it was intentional but commies are morons and this is like a Chinese Chernobyl.  Side note:. I think the theory about the bat was that someone humped one, not ate it.  Way back in the other thread there was a picture of a bat confined spread eagle in netting, in some sort of weird ritual. There are some sick people in this world.

2 hours ago, Artful Dodger said:

This is why I can't believe that it was an intentional release by the CCP. An accidental release/release due to a test animal being sold to the market is far more logical (assuming that the virus is, in fact, manufactured.) The CCP is arrogant, paranoid, and secretive, but they're not stupid or suicidal.

2 hours ago, Artful Dodger said:

It's also highlighted for the rest of the world how much stuff, including pharmaceuticals, comes from China, and that will probably change in the future.

The Chinese having a stranglehold monopoly producing pharmaceuticals has to end.

It was the drug companies that created this and they hate Trump for meddling in their business.

Unfortunately, it will likely be big pharma, once a corona vaccine is found, who will benefit most from it.

50 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

This is why I can't believe that it was an intentional release by the CCP. An accidental release/release due to a test animal being sold to the market is far more logical (assuming that the virus is, in fact, manufactured.) The CCP is arrogant, paranoid, and secretive, but they're not stupid or suicidal.

The CCP is all of that. They released the virus in Hong Kong where the people already had plenty of masks. 

31 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

The Chinese having a stranglehold monopoly producing pharmaceuticals has to end.

It was the drug companies that created this and they hate Trump for meddling in their business.

Unfortunately, it will likely be big pharma, once a corona vaccine is found, who will benefit most from it.

I said weeks ago that we (the feds) should set up some sort of commission to quickly study the extent of  items that are vital to us as a country that are not produced here. Once those items are determined then we need to take action that will insure the availability of those items for use in the USA. 

11 hours ago, Golden Goat said:

My wife's from that part of the world and the first thing she said was, "Duh, population control. Might be a secret here, but it isn't there."

That's definitely the pet theory in the Far East, especially since it only affects the older people.  Usually a virus like this hits both end of the barbell, super young and super old.   Not this one, so it gives ammo to that line of thinking.

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

During 'Fox & Friends' interview, Jerry Falwell Jr. suggests the coronavirus is a plot to hurt Trump and says Liberty University will continue to hold in-person classes

Jerry Falwell Jr. spread misinformation about the coronavirus during a segment on 'Fox & Friends' this morning.

So, which evangelical are you going to believe?

15 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Side note:. I think the theory about the bat was that someone humped one, not ate it.  Way back in the other thread there was a picture of a bat confined spread eagle in netting, in some sort of weird ritual. There are some sick people in this world.

Can confirm. Bondage Bat: