2020 NFL Combine

YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

I think it's odd that Jonathan Taylor is not universally considered the best back in the draft.  He's unreal.

Really just depends on what you want in a RB. Taylor is a great one-cut runner but is generally considered pretty terrible as a receiver. Might be a better runner than a guy like D'Andre Swift, but Swift is a very good receiver and his supporters would say his all-around skillset makes him the better prospect.

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I still think the Bills are going to pick up a RB in FA instead of drafting one... I predict an offer sheet for a guy like Matt Breida from the Niners. I agree with those who say they need a fast guy to complement Devin. 

They could pick up a FA RB and draft one as well..

Gore and Yeldon can both be improved upon.

I could see a FA ( Drake?) and a guy picked up in the third or fourth who would be an upgrade on Yeldon..

Just now, Aussie Joe said:

They could pick up a FA RB and draft one as well..

Gore and Yeldon can both be improved upon.

I could see a FA ( Drake?) and a guy picked up in the third or fourth who would be an upgrade on Yeldon..

I don’t think Drake will want to be the #2 guy but not sure how big his market will be 

4 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

And that sums me up perfectly. How the heck can you not be amazed at these times and drills?  Becton has to be an android.

Watching Wirfs run the 40 was genuinely scary.

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t think Drake will want to be the #2 guy but not sure how big his market will be 

Saw a report today that he's aiming to get $10 million per year ?

I like this Duce Staley drill; helps show the difference between the straight-line speed guys and the short area quickness guys. Akers and Edwards-Helaire really stood out while Dillon and the guy from Washington struggled.

Edited by DCOrange

4 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

Scary you bet. A guy that big and you realize you're half the size and still can't outrun him. He's tearing up the combine.

Right lol. I think I might be able to keep pace with Becton (and I'm nowhere near half his size) but knowing Wirfs would blow me away is terrifying.

1 minute ago, aristocrat said:

taylor with a really nice 40.  devin can catch and be the shifty guy. taylor comes in for just speed. what a combo. 

No interest in taking a RB in the 1st personally. Would be a nice pairing though.

7 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Right lol. I think I might be able to keep pace with Becton (and I'm nowhere near half his size) but knowing Wirfs would blow me away is terrifying.

No interest in taking a RB in the 1st personally. Would be a nice pairing though.

it all depends on free agency and pre draft trades. if we get diggs, hooper, a right tackle and lb in free agency. alright lets go rb in first round.  but i think we spend money on a rb imo in free agency. 

35 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Joshua Kelley ran 4.50 and 4.56 at 6.0'' 210 pounds.   He's a butter smooth runner who's plenty fast enough and I think he'd be the perfect compliment to Motor...

Seems like a really good kid too. Cover 1 had some stuff on him that showed his growth mentality and desire to improve- very processed. I have him pegged in the 5th, but who knows if he moves up. 

As an FSU fan, what Cam Akers did behind FSUs abysmal offensive line was short of amazing. He has all the tools. He has breakaway speed, cutting ability, inside or outside the tackles, great pass catcher. 

His only knock is really his pass pro. He should be a 2nd rounder but if he drops to the 3rd he would be a great compliment to Singletary or vice versa

12 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

As an FSU fan, what Cam Akers did behind FSUs abysmal offensive line was short of amazing. He has all the tools. He has breakaway speed, cutting ability, inside or outside the tackles, great pass catcher. 

His only knock is really his pass pro. He should be a 2nd rounder but if he drops to the 3rd he would be a great compliment to Singletary or vice versa

Nole fan here too. Don't forget he can actually throw too. Doubt he lasts til our 3rd round pick. How 'bout the men's basketball team!