The strange question thread.

teef

15 hours ago, Gugny said:

My theory is that my dad grew up with a cold, affectionless father and when HE became a father, promised himself that he wouldn't put his own children through that.  I'm glad.  I'm glad I was brought up with tons of affection.  I wouldn't want it any other way and I'm proudly keeping it going.

Spot on analysis. I grew up with a cold, affectionless father, and when I became a father, I promised I'd be different. Three years in, I don't get how a parent can refrain from being affectionate with his 3-year old.

On 2/6/2020 at 4:36 AM, Buffalo_Gal said:

I asked Hubby if he did the double-sided-kiss with his father, he said yes. His father was Italian (an Italian citizen who became an American citizen). His dad died many years before I met hubby, but his uncle (father's brother) also did the double-sided-kiss with him (and me).

Hubby's mother did the double-sided-kiss. She was French (a French citizen who became an American citizen). ALL his relatives in France do the double-sided-kiss thing with him (and me).

Here's my question about the whole double-sided or triple-sided kiss.  Which side to you start with?

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

Dumb question: When going to an appointment or another office, I might ask “Do you have a bathroom?” If someone was a wise ass they’d say “Uhhhh, no. Just go outside by the fence”

Plus, it’s not a bath I’m looking for...I have to pee. 

So what do you call the place to relieve yourself when in another office or home?

Bathroom

Restroom

Toilet

Powder room (@CrippleCreek)

Head (@ExiledinIllinois)

Tinkletorium

This might be a bit wordy, but it should get the job done: "the room where you will allow me to pee".

• Haha (+1) 1

On 2/7/2020 at 7:49 AM, BringBackFergy said:

Dumb question: When going to an appointment or another office, I might ask “Do you have a bathroom?” If someone was a wise ass they’d say “Uhhhh, no. Just go outside by the fence”

So what do you call the place to relieve yourself when in another office or home?

Bathroom

Restroom

Toilet

Head (@ExiledinIllinois)

Tinkletorium

I would say "where's the Men's room."   Although in the current times, I guess just about anyone could ask for the Ladies room.

On 2/7/2020 at 6:49 AM, BringBackFergy said:

Bathroom

Restroom

Toilet

Head (@ExiledinIllinois)

Tinkletorium

MENS ROOM, where is it?

On 2/7/2020 at 7:49 AM, BringBackFergy said:

Bathroom

Restroom

Toilet

Head (@ExiledinIllinois)

Tinkletorium

slightly off the subject, but when I was a kid, I would ask the teacher: “can I go to the bathroom?” 

the wise cracking or annoying teacher response was always: “I don’t know. Can you?”

it would drive me nuts. I know grammatically it’s “May I...”— but i refused to say “may I go to the bathroom?” It sounded so Pretentious for a 5th grader! 

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/6/2020 at 9:04 PM, Royale with Cheese said:

My dad just feels real uncomfortable when people are close.  He would never be a close talker.

Exact opposite with my dad.  His personal space was Old World (my grandmother born in Poland)... Like 2" away.  Freak people out!  LoL... God love him.  But man, I can see him getting arrested if he was a young man today... Especially complaints by uptight chicks, that's a given.

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

slightly off the subject, but when I was a kid, I would ask the teacher: “can I go to the bathroom?” 

the wise cracking or annoying teacher response was always: “I don’t know. Can you?”

it would drive me nuts. I know grammatically it’s “May I...”— but i refused to say “may I go to the bathroom?” It sounded so Pretentious for a 5th grader! 

I highly recommend the movie: Avalon (1990).  Great movie! Great scene...

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/6/2020 at 11:35 AM, Royale with Cheese said:

I don't touch my dad with any part of my body and any part of his body.  My dad doesn't shake hands, it's pretty weird.  He's not a germaphobe....he just doesn't do it.

I honestly don't know what his hands feel like.

Does he exfoliate?

On 2/5/2020 at 7:00 PM, teef said:

I had a fairly strange question, so why not start a thread of them. 

so...do you, (did you) kiss your dad. Not the open mouth/heavy petting kind, but a kiss on the cheek when you see each other?  

I do every time I see my dad, whether or not it’s in public. A colleague and I were talking about it, and he felt it was a bit much. He’s more of a handshake kind of guy which I completely understand. Maybe it’s an Italian thing, but I kiss all of my family when I see them. Just kinda curious. 

On 2/5/2020 at 7:48 PM, Augie said:

No, I never gave your dad tongue, but maybe a little pat on the backside. It seemed well received.  :)

My wife’s family is Lebanese and they’d do the whole one, two, and somethings three kisses on the cheeks. Back and forth, and back again.....I never got in the rhythm there, anywhere from 1 to 3. That included her uncle who would come to visit  each year. 

We got into the habit of hugs each time we meet and depart, because you’d never know when it would be the last time. I like that, but I keep the kissing to my wife. And of course my two mistresses, but they don’t count, do they? 

On 2/6/2020 at 10:09 AM, apuszczalowski said:

So what your saying is that you share something with Tom Brady?

As long as your not making out, or it gets you aroused, I'm thinking what ever you feel comfortable with is cool.....

On 2/6/2020 at 11:35 AM, Royale with Cheese said:

I don't touch my dad with any part of my body and any part of his body.  My dad doesn't shake hands, it's pretty weird.  He's not a germaphobe....he just doesn't do it.

I honestly don't know what his hands feel like.

Apparently I have to make it over to off the wall a little more often, this is right up my alley...???

On 2/7/2020 at 11:28 AM, KD in CA said:

Uh....his side of the family was Irish/English.  I think we exchanged the word ‘love’ twice in my adult life.  Might have been a brief hug at my college graduation.  Kissing?  That’s for those nutty Italians.

Men in our family shook hands....still do with my brothers.  Funny thing is my 3 sisters are all married to huggers so I’ve adapted.

Whose youse calling nutty baby? 

• Haha (+1) 1