GDT: Iowa Caucus

5 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

c'mon dude, you know soros doesn't sign those checks.  there's at least 3 or 4 intermediary organizations between soros and his serfs

Ahhhhhh dang it, you're right.  My bad.  

3 minutes ago, njbuff said:

I could be drunk and passed out and I could still get a count correctly.

What's the Dems excuse?

Too busy hammering fat coke rails off 14 year old butts on their rape planes to be bothered with a vote.  

• Haha (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Or......they didn't do a trial run with the app and used it when it wasn't ready because they're incompetent.  Just from a common sense perspective, the last thing the DNC wants to do after the bad reputation they got in 2016 is to make it look like they're rigging the primaries.    

Actually, the last thing they want (quite clearly) is to fail to rig their primary.  How it looks is a distant second to getting the result they want......especially since they can count on the media and the vast majority of their mindless party followers to completely ignore the obvious corruption.

• Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, KD in CA said:

Actually, the last thing they want (quite clearly) is to fail to rig their primary.  How it looks is a distant second to getting the result they want......especially since they can count on the media and the vast majority of their mindless party followers to completely ignore the obvious corruption.

Oh god.  I have no doubt the DNC will try to rig it.  The last thing they want is Bernie to win as they'd rather see Trump in office than him.  The lobbyists on both sides are happy as lobbying spending is at a nine year high and this 2019 was the first year we had above a trillion dollar spending deficit when we weren't in a great recession.  

They usually do it in more subtle ways like only releasing 61% of the votes even though it looks now that Bernie might take Iowa when all the votes are counted.

30 minutes ago, njbuff said:

It only took 3 days for them to blame Trump and Trump supporters.

For those wondering...

Trump supporters flood hotline for Iowa precinct chairs, adding to the confusion: report

</snip>

Ken Sagar, a Democratic central committee member in the state, told a conference call Wednesday that on the night of the caucus, Trump backers were calling in to voice their support for the president, Bloomberg reported. Sagar was reportedly one of the people answering the calls.

The report was based on two participants from the conference call that was between IDP staff and the party's governing body. Sagar did not comment for the report. He did not immediately respond to an after-hours email from Fox News. The IDP did not confirm that Trump supporters were to blame when reached by Bloomberg and did not respond to an email from Fox News.

</snip>

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Buttgig did better in rural counties that have been apportioned more delegates to fewer voters than more urban areas that have fewer delegates to greater numbers of voters in those caucuses. Bernie did better in urban areas, ergo he got more votes than Butgig but reaped fewer delegates than him/her/it. 

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Nanker said:

Buttgig did better in rural counties that have been apportioned more delegates to fewer voters than more urban areas that have fewer delegates to greater numbers of voters in those caucuses. Bernie did better in urban areas, ergo he got more votes than Butgig but reaped fewer delegates than him/her/it. 

I wonder if the Latins ever contemplated time where their cool new word “ergo” would be paired with “Butgig” and make perfect sense to the reader. 

• Like (+1) 1

I’ve watched the ticker move as results have trickled in over the last couple of days. I find it to be a virtual statistical impossibility that the percentage going to each of these candidates would remain virtually unchanged throughout the process. Something foul is afoot here! No large and diverse voting block can possibly be that monolithic, without someone messing with the results or without extraordinary pre-coordination. Impossible!

52 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I wonder if the Latins ever contemplated time where their cool new word “ergo” would be paired with “Butgig” and make perfect sense to the reader. 

Now, I'm not an expert in Roman culture, but I would bet the farm that this isn't the first time that the Latin language has been exposed to a butt gig.

• Haha (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I’ve watched the ticker move as results have trickled in over the last couple of days. I find it to be a virtual statistical impossibility that the percentage going to each of these candidates would remain virtually unchanged throughout the process. Something foul is afoot here! No large and diverse voting block can possibly be that monolithic, without someone messing with the results or without extraordinary pre-coordination. Impossible!

I apologize in advance.

Anyone else think it’s a bit odd that adult voters who accused the President of being “Putin’s B word” for the past three years are seriously aligning themselves with the man who’s running that actually has a husband. 

He’s toe to toe with the sebaceous communist Sanders who also happens to be a millionaire. 

• Like (+1) 1