Texans name Bill O’Brien as GM

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, The Frankish Reich said:

No! Because the only mistake that keeps on giving is the one you refuse to cut your losses on. In retrospect that "trade" of Osweiler to Cleveland was brilliant.

Look, here's the point I'm trying to make on O'Brien: 

- made the playoffs in 4 out of 6 years

- won a game in the playoffs in a couple of those years

If McDermott's Bills make the playoffs in the next 2 seasons and actually win a game in each, we'll be applauding his contract extension.

Would you applaud making him GM because he won a couple playoff games? That’s what we’re taking about here. 

He’s the only HC in the league to also be the GM. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

For real? When I read the thread title I totally thought you were just messing around Yolo. ?

wtf has this guy done to keep getting more and more power in the Texans organization? 

I thought they were were waiting for Charlie Casserly’s contract to expire in May... (edit, meant Nick Caserio) 

Edited by BillsFan4

30 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Would you applaud making him GM because he won a couple playoff games? That’s what we’re taking about here. 

He’s the only HC in the league to also be the GM. 

Yes currently.  I guess you could say other owners learned their lesson.

But lemmings need to jump - who will follow? 

21 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

For real? When I read the thread title I totally thought you were just messing around Yolo. ?

wtf has this guy done to keep getting more and more power in the Texans organization? 

I thought they were were waiting for Charlie Casserly’s contract to expire in May...

Charley Casserly has been out of league for a while and rejected for front office position.

He is a college professor locally (George Mason, MBA).

10 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Yes currently.  I guess you could say other owners learned their lesson.

But lemmings need to jump - who will follow? 

Charley Casserly has been out of league for a while and rejected for front office position.

He is a college professor locally (George Mason, MBA).

Yeah I was just coming to correct that. Meant Nick Caserio. 

8 hours ago, NoSaint said:

He seems like a buffoon but the stuff I made fun of last offseason generally worked better than I expected.

i still think it’s the wrong move, but I pause slightly before totally mocking it and will simply remain skeptical 

I'd say the fact that he has a top 10 QB, top 5 WR, and top 5 DE but can't get past the divisional round of the playoffs speaks to Ass Chin's fitness as Mr. Everything.  Compare, for example, what McDermott has done in three years with far less talent.

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, eball said:

I'd say the fact that he has a top 10 QB, top 5 WR, and top 5 DE but can't get past the divisional round of the playoffs speaks to Ass Chin's fitness as Mr. Everything.  Compare, for example, what McDermott has done in three years with far less talent.

oh I’m not saying he’s anything to brag about but simply the dumpster fire wasn’t burning quite as bright as many portray. Plenty of issues with the guy still.

45 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

Oh boy, oh boy.

Bill O’Brien Lifetime Record as a Coach against Buffalo is

12-2

9-1 as an assistant

3-1 as a head coach

So...yeah...

3-1 as a coach is what matters and in two of this wins he needed extreme help from officiating, and a cheap shot to knock out our Qb. Color me unimpressed ....

1 hour ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

Oh boy, oh boy.

Bill O’Brien Lifetime Record as a Coach against Buffalo is

12-2

9-1 as an assistant

3-1 as a head coach

So...yeah...

How is this relevant to whether or not Ass Chin deserves all the power he has accumulated?  Most of those Bills teams were awful.

Are you one of the "we have no right to criticize others if we suck" fans?

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, eball said:

How is this relevant to whether or not Ass Chin deserves all the power he has accumulated?  Most of those Bills teams were awful.

Are you one of the "we have no right to criticize others if we suck" fans?

I’m not gonna stop anyone related to a mediocre/average teams from criticizing  teams that are superior.

Its just a really dumb look for those folks.

3 hours ago, Meatloaf63 said:

3-1 as a coach is what matters and in two of this wins he needed extreme help from officiating, and a cheap shot to knock out our Qb. Color me unimpressed ....

Be as unimpressed as you want.  End of the day...O’Brien gets the win, Buffalo takes the losses.  But keep saying he’s bad.  It’s a “unique” look.

17 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

I’m not gonna stop anyone related to a mediocre/average teams from criticizing  teams that are superior.

Its just a really dumb look for those folks.

Be as unimpressed as you want.  End of the day...O’Brien gets the win, Buffalo takes the losses.  But keep saying he’s bad.  It’s a “unique” look.

The thread is about Bill O’Brien getting handed the GM title on top of the HC title, the only one in the nfl to hold that prominent of a dual role in the league. Not about whether he can beat the Bills as a coach. Your responses don’t align with the topic people are discussing, unless you intended to quote someone who specifically thought he was a bad coach compared to McDermott or something. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Thank you (+1) 2