The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

Once we have a "vaccine" that's probably only going to be 40% effective, everyone will feel confident to go out again.  Big pharma will be making a ton on money and all MSM will trumpet how it's over, we can carry on with our lives.   One positive from the increased cases is that we are one step closer to herd immunity.  Last time I looked, we are all going to die of something.  "Get busy living or get busy dying"  God Bless America.

28 minutes ago, realtruelove said:

Once we have a "vaccine" that's probably only going to be 40% effective, everyone will feel confident to go out again.  Big pharma will be making a ton on money and all MSM will trumpet how it's over, we can carry on with our lives.   One positive from the increased cases is that we are one step closer to herd immunity.  Last time I looked, we are all going to die of something.  "Get busy living or get busy dying"  God Bless America.

Ever hear of the term “moving the goalposts”?  Because that’s what the D’s will do to you when the vaccine hits the streets. Masks to infinity, and beyond!

5 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

This would've been huge news on May 20th yet it doesn't circulate until June 23rd (NY primary day)?  You don't strike me as a person that falls so easily for something like this.

We all have our biases.  I failed to vet this, and reported to mine.  It’s not something I’m particularly proud of.

I appologize for posting this.

I should have checked https://www.propublica.org.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, 123719bwiqrb said:

Ever hear of the term “moving the goalposts”?  Because that’s what the D’s will do to you when the vaccine hits the streets. Masks to infinity, and beyond!

be sure it’s an N95, because the cloth ones do NOTHING!!!!  NOTHING!!!! (screeching voice) (weird reference to WWII soldiers and the sacrifices they made on the beaches of Normandy)

(shout out to blue state governors)

3 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

You continue to look at this issue like a zero sum game. At some point society has to re-open.  Did someone, somewhere, sometime give you the false impression that there wouldn't be a rise in cases, and deaths, that resulted from opening? 

You haven’t been paying attention to my posts. I’ve been against a widespread lockdown from day one. But I’m not blind to the numbers. 

And umm, the EU seems to be reopening without the turn we are taking. 

“Part of the problem, Peña said, is that when his crews arrive at a hospital with a patient suspected of having COVID-19, the hospital may have a physical bed open for them, but not enough nurses or doctors to staff it. That’s a problem that’s likely to deepen ...”

Bed counts are a misleading stat? Ya don’t say. 

Edited by shoshin

Seven states are reporting new highs for current coronavirus hospitalizations, according to data tracked by The Washington Post — Arizona, Arkansas, California, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee and Texas — as the number of infections continues to climb across the South and West. 

4 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Yesterday, Thursday, only CA, FL and Massachusetts reported over 50 Covid fatalities. The rest, including NY (23) were all below that with thirty states in single digits or  at zero.

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

We only talk about cases now.

43 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

So.....

1. I take it Twitter doesn’t have an edit button. Why not?

2.  So they are our parents 

3.  Now I will never use Twitter. 

Well, I could see what would happen with an edit button... something gets RTed a million times with one wording, and someone edits it to say something else. Even if the wording from the first 1M tweets did not change, problems would still exists.

It amazes me how much big tech wants to run our lives and make us comply. What next? Everyone wear a burka?  The "I know better than you do!" crowd of 20-30 year olds is getting on my last nerve.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

The "I know better than you do!" crowd of 20-30 year olds is getting on my last nerve.

Don’t look now but you just turned into your parents!

And now back to our regularly scheduled Covid 19 programming.