Jump to content
Hedge

The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Recommended Posts


One of the reasons I do these press conferences is so they don't believe the fake new...

Uuuuut ohhhhh


OAN asking about Latin America drug dealing. Trump "we are hitting them hard."  (No wonder the rest of the press wants her gone.) Trump also bringing up human trafficking.


ha! The Democrats want open borders. These people may be sick, may be criminals, want sanctuary cities that protect criminals.

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks! (+1) 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



Giroir talking about the  antibody tests. They want to make sure they actually work. They are hopeful to having working tests (tests that actually work) by May. (He's saying this is how America opens back up... ummmm )

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pence: 2179 medical military personal in NYC. By next week that will be 3,000. (They will continue to arrive...)

Pence broke down where the 500 ventilators from California are going (he just learned the breakdown, and 50 are going to Guam!).

  • Thanks! (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven’t seen any of the pressers but just from reading this and some of the models you guys had above, today feels like a good day. A day we all needed. Not to dismiss the unfortunate who are suffering but a step back towards living life again. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CommonCents said:

I haven’t seen any of the pressers but just from reading this and some of the models you guys had above, today feels like a good day. A day we all needed. Not to dismiss the unfortunate who are suffering but a step back towards living life again. 


They keep reiterating that this week is going to be very bad. 

Dr. Brix is up now, and she is pointing out some micro-outbreaks in different states (VT, Montana, etc).

 



CDC.gov/coronavirus

The daily numbers where it is.

They are doing more with this system for early alerts in the future.

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:


There are numbers on the CDC website that back this up.

"With" has become "from" and it inflates the death numbers (this is happening worldwide).

 

 

Almost like this is orchestrated.

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

I haven’t seen any of the pressers but just from reading this and some of the models you guys had above, today feels like a good day. A day we all needed. Not to dismiss the unfortunate who are suffering but a step back towards living life again. 

Hopefully this isn't just the calm before the storm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:


They keep reiterating that this week is going to be very bad. 

Dr. Brix is up now, and she is pointing out some micro-outbreaks in different states (VT, Montana, etc).

 



CDC.gov/coronavirus

The daily numbers where it is.

They are doing more with this system for early alerts in the future.

 

It is going to be a bad week.

 

About 10,000 people are going to die.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

 

It is going to be a bad week.

 

About 10,000 people are going to die.

Definelty is. Do you feel any better about the path forward?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

 

It is going to be a bad week.

 

About 10,000 people are going to die.

 

On 3/23/2020 at 8:13 PM, jrober38 said:

 

It adds up when you consider that most Federal Governments around the world are projecting 40-70% of their population to get the virus.

 

Considering that it kills 1-2% of the people it infects, you're talking about millions and millions of deaths. 

 

  • Haha (+1) 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LB3 said:

 

 

In fairness it’s not that bad, he could have said millions of millions. 

  • Haha (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

Definelty is. Do you feel any better about the path forward?

 

I dunno. 

 

The lag makes it hard to predict anything. 

 

I assume many places are still 3-4 weeks from getting hammered. 

 

Maybe in a month 10,000 deaths in a week doesn't look that bad. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LB3 said:

 

 

Ohhhh

 

Thats the prediction.

 

I think we may come up just a bit short of that

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like Dr. Brix and all her scarves. She's grown on me. 

 

They aren't going to open up the country with the deep south, Detroit, and Chicago all on deck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jrober38 said:

 

I dunno. 

 

The lag makes it hard to predict anything. 

 

I assume many places are still 3-4 weeks from getting hammered. 

 

Maybe in a month 10,000 deaths in a week doesn't look that bad. 

Soft walk back. That’s like benching Peterman from his start only so you can bring him out for the second half. 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Magox said:

Ohhhh

 

Thats the prediction.

 

I think we may come up just a bit short of that

There's a reason I don't post about things I'm not knowledgeable enough to comment on. :lol:

  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

Soft walk back. That’s like benching Peterman from his start only so you can bring him out for the second half. 

 

I think there's a lot we don't know yet because people are walking around with the virus right now without knowing they have it yet. I think places that were slow to lock down like Florida are going to get destroyed.  Old population, one of the slowest to lock down. I think what's happening in Louisiana happens there in 2-3 weeks only a wide scale due to a larger population. 

 

I think ultimately it's still super early in the whole thing. Everything done so far has been done to flatten the curve and space out when everyone gets it, but pretty much every expert says this won't go away until there's a vaccine which will be at the end of the year at the earliest. 

Edited by jrober38
  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

 

Yes, but now all those deaths are being attributed to Wuhan flu.

 

If Trump had only done something better and sooner!

  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...