The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

3 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

Definelty is. Do you feel any better about the path forward?

I dunno. 

The lag makes it hard to predict anything. 

I assume many places are still 3-4 weeks from getting hammered. 

Maybe in a month 10,000 deaths in a week doesn't look that bad. 

1 minute ago, jrober38 said:

I dunno. 

The lag makes it hard to predict anything. 

I assume many places are still 3-4 weeks from getting hammered. 

Maybe in a month 10,000 deaths in a week doesn't look that bad. 

Soft walk back. That’s like benching Peterman from his start only so you can bring him out for the second half. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 5

1 minute ago, Magox said:

Ohhhh

Thats the prediction.

I think we may come up just a bit short of that

There's a reason I don't post about things I'm not knowledgeable enough to comment on. :lol:

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

Soft walk back. That’s like benching Peterman from his start only so you can bring him out for the second half. 

I think there's a lot we don't know yet because people are walking around with the virus right now without knowing they have it yet. I think places that were slow to lock down like Florida are going to get destroyed.  Old population, one of the slowest to lock down. I think what's happening in Louisiana happens there in 2-3 weeks only a wide scale due to a larger population. 

I think ultimately it's still super early in the whole thing. Everything done so far has been done to flatten the curve and space out when everyone gets it, but pretty much every expert says this won't go away until there's a vaccine which will be at the end of the year at the earliest. 

Edited by jrober38
  • Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

Per the CDC, 2,813,503 Americans died last year. 

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/deaths.htm

That averages to 54,000 deaths per week

And there’s only one cause of death in the world right now... 

Quick question: if I shoot my neighbor for not returning my string trimmer, at trial can I say he died of rona? That’s air tight, right? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

If Trump had only done something better and sooner!

He didn't do it sooner because he's a racist! And a liar! And he mocks journalists who try to make the story about themselves!

I know because I saw a graphic about his golf schedule!

IMPEACH!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

I think there's a lot we don't know yet because people are walking around with the virus right now without knowing they have it yet. I think places that were slow to lock down like Florida are going to get destroyed.  Old population, one of the slowest to lock down. I think what's happening in Louisiana happens there in 2-3 weeks only a wide scale due to a larger population. 

I think ultimately it's still super early in the whole thing. Everything done so far has been done to flatten the curve and space out when everyone gets it, but pretty much every expert says this won't go away until there's a vaccine which will be at the end of the year at the earliest. 

Florida being slow is a national media misnomer.  I live in Florida and South Florida Dade and Broward county which accounts for 60% of the cases has been on lock down for nearly 3 weeks now.  Orlando and Tampa who are the next most populous areas has been on lockdown for over 2 weeks now.  Disney world has been shutdown for nearly a month.

I live in Brevard county, we didn't have a lock down and the people of our county haven't been going out hardly at all.

So, this is just a national media creation, they know De Santis is the governor of Florida, it's an election year...

I could be wrong and maybe Florida is going to get "destroyed"...But there is no evidence of that yet.  

Considering Florida was one of the first 6 states to have a resident with "community" infection and with all the migration coming from New York, they have done much better than most of the country with deaths relative to their population on a per capita basis.

You can see that right here.

Edited by Magox
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

He didn't do it sooner because he's a racist! And a liar! And he mocks journalists who try to make the story about themselves!

I know because I saw a graphic about his golf schedule!

IMPEACH!

And now he's pushing hydroxychloroquine because he must be profiting off of it somehow, just follow the money.

Edited by CarpetCrawler
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, CarpetCrawler said:

And now he's pushing hydroxychloroquine because he must be making money off of it somehow, just follow the money.

Yeah, not because it, well, might work.  Morons.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, jrober38 said:

No. This wave is mostly headed the right direction now. Peaking but trending right. 

What happens when we reopen is unknown but you can put away the doom and gloom for this wave heading way up. The distancing is working. 

• Like (+1) 1

Posting for the clip, because it was devastating to the media talking point they pushed all day. Gotta ask why the reporters didn't find this information out first before running with it... they could have called the Admiral. But, that would be doing actual journalism rather than what they're truly engaged in... 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

6 minutes ago, shoshin said:

No. This wave is mostly headed the right direction now. Peaking but trending right. 

What happens when we reopen is unknown but you can put away the doom and gloom for this wave heading way up. The distancing is working. 

100%. The key is going to be timing. Get back to normal too soon, could be a huge mistake. For now, stay the ***** away from other people!!’ 

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

There are numbers on the CDC website that back this up.

"With" has become "from" and it inflates the death numbers (this is happening worldwide).

I have been saying this for a long time.  Dying with vs from is very different.  

1 hour ago, CommonCents said:

STOP THAT!!

• Like (+1) 1