The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

15 hours ago, redtail hawk said:

quick search revealed this

Psychological distress, including depression, anxiety, worry, perceived stress, and loneliness, before COVID-19 infection was associated with an increased risk of long COVID, according to researchers at Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health.

So the mob and forces pushing the pandemic panic increased long covid?  its more of a physical side effect to mental health stress?

4 hours ago, BillsFanNC said:

There are studies that suggest that things like depression, stress etc. can impair immune function. So they can cite those and get away with the claim.

However, I still don't think an otherwise healthy 20 year old with depression needs to be vaccinated.

So can stress.  Do we vaccinate everybody who feels stressed?

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Chris farley said:

So the mob and forces pushing the pandemic panic increased long covid?  its more of a physical side effect to mental health stress?

I suspect it's due to people with those conditions being in generally poor health.  Also, probably some immune modulation with them  Not gonna be doing a lot of exercise when you're contemplating slitting your wrists...

Edited by redtail hawk

1 hour ago, Doc said:

So can stress.  Do we vaccinate everybody who feels stressed?

Dont give them any Ideas.

1 minute ago, redtail hawk said:

I suspect it's due to people with those conditions being in generally poor health.  Also, probably some immune modulation with them  Not gonna be doing a lot of exercise when you're contemplating slitting your wrists...

that's probably fact. 

so is the fact that stress alone can cause physical symptoms.

20 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

Dont give them any Ideas.

that's probably fact. 

so is the fact that stress alone can cause physical symptoms.

voila:  https://www.hindawi.com/journals/tswj/2014/652630/  postpartum but what the hell.

reminds me of a med school classmate who asked a distinguished visiting Ob/gyn "does that apply to primaveras (prima gravida's was meant).  Guy was not amused.  We laughed the entire rest of the lecture. I'm thinking it was before lunch.

Edited by redtail hawk
  • Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

voila:  https://www.hindawi.com/journals/tswj/2014/652630/  postpartum but what the hell.

reminds me of a med school classmate who asked a distinguished visiting Ob/gyn "does that apply to primaveras (prima gravida's was meant).  Guy was not amused.  We laughed the entire rest of the lecture.

Thats an interesting read.  cytokines tend to drive/run parallel to cortisol levels.  

And cortisol drives inflammation.  

Seeing James O'Keefe getting forced out of Project Veritas for their episode on Pfizer tells you a couple things.

Pfizer is protected by the uniparty.

The information in that "episode" was likely 100% correct which is why it was A) buried in the media cycle and B) steps taken to prevent future curious inquires into Pfizer.

Back to regularly scheduled programming on partisan politic stories.  

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

Thats an interesting read.  cytokines tend to drive/run parallel to cortisol levels.  

And cortisol drives inflammation.  

almost.  adrenals respond with cortisol to stress (meaning acute illness, surgery, hypothermia etc).  sick peoiple who've been on steroids have that response blunted that's why they need pre op steroid bursts, right @Doc? cortisol reduces inflammation - ever been given prednisone for bad poison ivy? I think I need a part time job.  Miss this stuff.  

Edited by redtail hawk

13 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

almost.  adrenals respond with cortisol to stress (meaning acute illness, surgery, hypothermia etc).  sick peoiple who've been on steroids have that response blunted that's why they need pre op steroid bursts, right @Doc?  I think I need a part time job.  Miss this stuff. 

Yes some need it depending on how much prednisone they are taking and the type of surgery (minor versus major). 

In Boston, COVID is now anti-racist

1f8a2046-e102-434a-ac23-11dd335cbb82-860

Yesterday, the Boston Globe published one of its periodic reminders that everyone should still be afraid because COVID is still out there and it’s still killing people. But citing a new study from Boston University’s School of Public Health, there has been a demographic shift in COVID deaths across Massachusetts over the past year. During the surge in Omicron variant infections at the beginning of 2022, Black and Hispanic patients were dying at rates higher than white patients. Now, however, white people in the Bay State are dying from the ‘Rona at measurably higher rates than minorities. So how did that happen?

You might be wondering why we need to be tracking COVID deaths based on skin color, but shut up, racist.

In all seriousness, though, the study does raise some interesting questions. Last March, Hispanic patients were 1.5 times more likely to die from COVID than white patients, while Black patients were 1.3 times more likely to pass away. That’s a small, but statistically meaningful difference. Curiously, COVID deaths among Asian patients were far lower than any other category over the entire course of the pandemic.

In recent months, however, the numbers have flipped. The COVID death rate among Black patients is just two-thirds that of white patients. Hispanic patients are dying at three-quarters the rate of whites. To my knowledge, there has never been a single study suggesting that there is some inherent, genetic difference between the races making one more or less likely to die from the disease, so something else must be going on. The virus did not suddenly sign up for some sort of cultural awareness program.

https://hotair.com/jazz-shaw/2023/02/21/in-boston-covid-is-now-anti-racist-n532153

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

And the redhawks, chigeese, and tibs of world were all on board and none of them will ever consider the wrongs that have been done. 

Did redtail hawk ever say it wasn't from the lab?  The others I can see.