The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

16 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

My point, which has flown right over your head (being an ideologue has its drawbacks), is that you have declared anyone that is vax/booster hesitant to be stupid and selfish. When nations and institutions diverge from your vaccine wishes you play dumb about it. Tiberius-level dumb. In this instance you are trying to turn the conversation into a public vs private school matter. Why be so nakedly disingenuous? If you were consistent at all you would be calling these nations out as you do the awful people that live in red states. 

its might be because public laws and policy supersede academic opinion at public universities.  I don't really care what they do at Oxbridge x that some Lancet papers come out of there.

As far as UVA, I do know that they don't think highly of neo nazis carrying tiki torches and driving murderously.

Edited by redtail hawk
  • Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, redtail hawk said:

its might be because public laws and policy supersede academic opinion at public universities.  I don't really care what they do at Oxbridge x that some Lancet papers come out of there.

As far as UVA, I do know that they don't think highly of neo nazis carrying tiki torches and driving murderously.

It’s almost as if you are trying to distance yourself from “stupid and selfish” with your insistence on inconsistence. Probably the right thing to do. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

yup, try to distance myself from them.  self preservation is a basic human instinct.

It’s a shame all those European nations and institutions are hellbent on self destruction with their stupidity and selfishness even if you won’t admit that’s the case. 

• Haha (+1) 1

I'm sure @redtail hawk will stand up and defend his colleagues in the medical profession here. Harvard and Stanford educated doctors who had their tweets censored by citing CDC data.

But wait someone told him that these docs were "discredited" so he/she/they happily fell in line.

What an embarrassment.

:lol:

Edited by BillsFanNC
  • Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

different strokes for different folks.  the Science is evolving as it always does.

That's why I cringe when some official claims the science is settled or claims everyone agrees with the consensus view on one thing or another.  Rarely is anything ever settled, as you state science is evolving with new information, discoveries, and ideas.

Just this week I read a Op/Ed from a doctor claiming the mRNA vaccines were "completely" safe for young children.  And vaccination would prevent them from getting sick and transmitting the virus to adults.  That statement is false on both counts.  As for safety, how can he know that without long term health data?  How can any medical professional be so negligent?  Nobody can be certain because there is no data to support that conclusion.

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

That's why I cringe when some official claims the science is settled or claims everyone agrees with the consensus view on one thing or another.  Rarely is anything ever settled, as you state science is evolving with new information, discoveries, and ideas.

Just this week I read a Op/Ed from a doctor claiming the mRNA vaccines were "completely" safe for young children.  And vaccination would prevent them from getting sick and transmitting the virus to adults.  That statement is false on both counts.  As for safety, how can he know that without long term health data?  How can any medical professional be so negligent?  Nobody can be certain because there is no data to support that conclusion.

it would have been negligent to withhold the vaccine based on all recent history and data.  I don't know any scientists that believe science is settled.  Otherwise they'd be out of work.

Edited by redtail hawk

1 minute ago, redtail hawk said:

it would have been negligent to withhold the vaccine based on all recent history and data.

I don’t think there’s a lot of people suggesting otherwise. The problem was people like you cheering on Joe Biden as people lost their jobs over vaccine mandates and to this day trying to defend it by declaring people stupid and selfish….only to pivot to different strokes for different folks because the science is evolving. Unbelievable. 

I imagine the next argument is “nobody forced those people to work in those jobs that required coerced vaccines”. Have at it. 

• Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Irv said:

Demented Biden and his buddies botched this so bad.  Incompetent.  What a mess.  

He proved what I've been saying since early '20: no Admin would have handled this well and the Dems probably would have handled it worse.  I also said anyone who voted for him because they believed he would do better with it was fooling him/herself.

15 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

As for safety, how can he know that without long term health data?  How can any medical professional be so negligent?  Nobody can be certain because there is no data to support that conclusion.

"I don’t think there’s a lot of people suggesting otherwise".  not nobody

Edited by redtail hawk

25 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

I don’t think there’s a lot of people suggesting otherwise. The problem was people like you cheering on Joe Biden as people lost their jobs over vaccine mandates and to this day trying to defend it by declaring people stupid and selfish….only to pivot to different strokes for different folks because the science is evolving. Unbelievable. 

I imagine the next argument is “nobody forced those people to work in those jobs that required coerced vaccines”. Have at it. 

So science is ever evolving, but shut up scientists who have a different view about an ever evolving scientific understanding. 

This is the clown world in which they live.

• Thank you (+1) 2

Honest question for our medical professional friends on here. Last night I saw a new TV commercial for Covid 19 featuring a bunch of Hollywood types and a few athletes. They were listing off the specific conditions they each had that are considered as pre-existing conditions one should be concerned about as relates to catching the virus. There were the obvious conditions like advanced age (although I noticed they now use 50 as advanced age), obesity, and asthma….but then they threw in depression. Since when has depression been added to the list? 

The commercial was of course paid for by Pfizer. 

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

Honest question for our medical professional friends on here. Last night I saw a new TV commercial for Covid 19 featuring a bunch of Hollywood types and a few athletes. They were listing off the specific conditions they each had that are considered as pre-existing conditions one should be concerned about as relates to catching the virus. There were the obvious conditions like advanced age (although I noticed they now use 50 as advanced age), obesity, and asthma….but then they threw in depression. Since when has depression been added to the list? 

Many people have depression.  Hence more people will think they need to get it. :rolleyes:

22 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

There are studies that suggest that things like depression, stress etc. can impair immune function. So they can cite those and get away with the claim.

However, I still don't think an otherwise healthy 20 year old with depression needs to be vaccinated.