The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

Correct.  I have data.  

You don't.  

You want to politicize it (low info way) by saying spikes are happening bc Trump voters won't wear them. 

That very accusation is why no one can take this seriously; especially as we continue to see pictures and video all over social media going on......9 months now.....of people like the "world's sexiest doctor" out partying mask less.  After lecturing us about going out without a mask is the height of irresponsibility you see.

And good for him.  

The "blame" for 60K false positives but f it just call em cases! a day being put on Trump voters by the Maoists and the media is some real next level stupid.  If they aren't wearing them in Michigan now, they sure as heck weren't in May.  Where were the spikes in Michigan in June that you see now?

That burning I smell thru my phone are the gears inside statists brains trying to wrap their head around logic.  All they see is orange man bad.  

The only thing they hate more then feeling like they cant control everything is being wrong about everything. 

I see orange man gone! 😂😂😂

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

The study quoted in this article was pulled by John Hopkins for having inaccurate data.

The study claims to use CDC data to prove that there is no evidence of excess deaths in the USA this year. I find this hard to believe considering the CDC has directly said the exact opposite:

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6942e2.htm#:~:text=conduct all analyses.-,From January 26%2C 2020%2C through October 3%2C 2020%2C,excess) (Figure 1).

From January 26, 2020, through October 3, 2020, an estimated 299,028 more persons than expected have died in the United States.

That data shows that, if anything, we have underestimated covid deaths this year.

• Like (+1) 3

Here's another chart that shows the same trend:

https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/excess-mortality-p-scores?tab=chart&stackMode=absolute&time=earliest..2020-10-18&country=~USA&region=World

So every week since the pandemic began, the USA has seen anywhere from 5% to 45% more deaths in a given week than would be expected in a normal year. Unfortunately I expect the downward trend on this chart to be reversed when it's updated over the next couple months.

3 hours ago, TBBills said:

Get your fake ***** out of here you racist.

so this is gonna be your thing? Just call anyone who disagrees with you a racist? Despite having zero evidence of it.  This is the behavior of immature self unsure people. You need to get out of your comfort zone 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, aristocrat said:

so this is gonna be your thing? Just call anyone who disagrees with you a racist? Despite having zero evidence of it.  This is the behavior of immature self unsure people. You need to get out of your comfort zone 

Nope, just you with your propaganda bull####.

6 hours ago, HappyDays said:

That data shows that, if anything, we have underestimated covid deaths this year.

198K of that 299K is attributed to Covid.  

Meaning that something else killed 100K plus people.  

Lockdowns killed.  Period.  

And we've peaked and survived and were not overwhelmed while handling both Covid AND usual patient load....

I believe I said 100 million infected last week...the CDC can confirm....

And it looks like that is what's going to begin in the next 2 weeks....

Edited by Big Blitz

4 hours ago, Commsvet11 said:

This is false.

Prove it... B.c of the talk from the hospital staff themselves is they are.

Over 90,000 people in the hospital alone just from Covid right now. Most ever during the pandemic, thanks Trump.

Edited by TBBills

43 minutes ago, TBBills said:

Prove it... B.c of the talk from the hospital staff themselves is they are.

Well I work at a large hospital, I’m part of a clinical staff. 

Since you based your declaration on talk from some hospital staff, my words should be enough proof for you.

1 hour ago, Commsvet11 said:

Well I work at a large hospital, I’m part of a clinical staff. 

Since you based your declaration on talk from some hospital staff, my words should be enough proof for you.

Hard to believe when I get different stories talking to friends and family that work in same fields.

Didn't realize you are a puppet name, you will be ignored for your lies.

Edited by TBBills

29 minutes ago, TBBills said:

Hard to believe when I get different stories talking to friends and family that work in same fields.

Let me try and connect a common theme from these stories.

Short staff, long hours, packed ER, short supplies? 

That is every day life in healthcare. Not just when covid hit. 

19 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

198K of that 299K is attributed to Covid.  

Meaning that something else killed 100K plus people.  

Lockdowns killed.  Period.  

In areas where the medical systems were -- or are -- being overwhelmed by covid-19 hospitalizations, people who suffer from other life-threatening illnesses or traumas were/are likely to not receive the same quality of care in as timely a manner as they would have received in normal times.   That undoubtedly contributed to many of the excess deaths.  Other people with chronic conditions may have suffered symptoms that were warning signs of deteriorating health but choose not to see a doctor or go to an emergency room because of their fear of contracting Covid-19, so their deaths would contribute to the total of "unexpected" deaths.  I'm not sure if suicides or deaths from drugs/alcohol have increased, but I would expect that those would increase as the stress from the continuing pandemic have had negative effects on mental health.