The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

2 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Just going to conveniently leave out this part huh.

Lololol......that's irrelevant.  He was reported in one of the outlets as having that position as Chairman they just clarified he did not but that he absolutely has the certifications in his field.  

How does this change his expertise?    

Oh?  I was told the midwest is a disaster.....

Sanford Health's chief executive says South Dakota doesn't need a mask mandate and the worst of the pandemic will soon be in the rear-view mirror – statements that the health system distanced itself from in a statement released Friday.

Kelby Krabbenhoft, president and CEO of Sanford Health, told the Argus Leader in an interview Thursday his healthcare system is positioned well to handle the amount of COVID-19 patients coming through the door.

Krabbenhoft, 62, said as of Thursday, Sanford Health's network of hospitals in the region were caring for 1,400 patients, 390 of which are hospitalized with COVID-19. And while that has put a large burden on front-line workers, he said Sanford has capacity to handle even more patients should hospitalizations continue to go up before mass vaccination begins in January.

"At this point, we feel we’ve got this under control," Krabbenhoft said. "There’s not a crisis."

"I feel like with a vaccine — I'm told we're about 10 days away from receiving it — it feels like the cavalry is coming," he said.

https://amp.argusleader.com/amp/6345661002?__twitter_impression=true

Edited by Big Blitz

10 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Lolol.....so perfect wish I could screen shot it all..

Top 5 threads the last response is you an hour ago..

You literally embarrass people away. .  

I've never seen it like this 

I am glad you're embarrassed for yourself. You made a lot of dumb mistakes that people called you out for and still cannot stop embarrassing yourself.

So you are saying I shouldn't respond to people that quote me? I am not sure what that picture shows other than me responding to posts quoting me.

You weren't here for DR than if you think 5 replies is a ton lol

5 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Garbage man

No, your bull#### doesn't fly here anymore. Every post of your does not get read b.c you don't even read what you post... It's pathetic.

Edited by TBBills

7 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Oh?  I was told the midwest is a disaster.....

Sanford Health's chief executive says South Dakota doesn't need a mask mandate and the worst of the pandemic will soon be in the rear-view mirror – statements that the health system distanced itself from in a statement released Friday.

Kelby Krabbenhoft, president and CEO of Sanford Health, told the Argus Leader in an interview Thursday his healthcare system is positioned well to handle the amount of COVID-19 patients coming through the door.

Krabbenhoft, 62, said as of Thursday, Sanford Health's network of hospitals in the region were caring for 1,400 patients, 390 of which are hospitalized with COVID-19. And while that has put a large burden on front-line workers, he said Sanford has capacity to handle even more patients should hospitalizations continue to go up before mass vaccination begins in January.

"At this point, we feel we’ve got this under control," Krabbenhoft said. "There’s not a crisis."

"I feel like with a vaccine — I'm told we're about 10 days away from receiving it — it feels like the cavalry is coming," he said.

https://amp.argusleader.com/amp/6345661002?__twitter_impression=true

pfizer says end of December for first doses. He’s ill informed. 

5 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

The best Govrenor in America vs. Illinois:

Interesting graph but you can't conclude off of that lockdowns/mask wearing do or don't work given the variation between the two states.  That Illinois graph might look a lot worse without preventive measures.  BTW, I'm of the opinion that we shouldn't lock anything down anymore but the more vulnerable should still self quarantine until we get a vaccine.

The one common trend with this virus is it thrives indoors.  Turning on the heat dries the air and the tissues lining the airwaves leading one more susceptible to viruses like Covid.  Same thing with air conditioning.  You're pry more likely to get it in a building with a poor ventilation system.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Interesting graph but you can't conclude off of that lockdowns/mask wearing do or don't work given the variation between the two states.  That Illinois graph might look a lot worse without preventive measures. 

But Florida did nothing like Illinois, and Florida looks nothing like Illinois and has less deaths per million.  

This should automatically call into question everything Governors like theirs are doing.  

DeSantis did everything right by every measure.  He didn't freak out like Karen America when there were photos of Spring breakers in March.  And it was more then just governments approach.  He always projected calm, optimism, and sanity and didn't make anyone feel like there was no end in sight.   

The fact he was trashed like he was by the what was once the media in this country was disgusting.  

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

But Florida did nothing like Illinois, and Florida looks nothing like Illinois and has less deaths per million.  

This should automatically call into question everything Governors like theirs are doing.  

DeSantis did everything right by every measure.  He didn't freak out like Karen America when there were photos of Spring breakers in March.  And it was more then just governments approach.  He always projected calm, optimism, and sanity and didn't make anyone feel like there was no end in sight.   

The fact he was trashed like he was by the what was once the media in this country was disgusting.  

What makes you think DeSantis did anything right?

Those spring breakers spread the virus to their states they went back to. He has done far from a good job.

DeSantis actually wanted people to stop being tested.

Why is it every time I see your posts they are always flawed and wrong.

You know he shut down florida and put curfews in place in March after Spring break... Wanted to make sure he made some money before he did it, who cares about people's lives. 

Edited by TBBills

"New" promising treatment for Covid-19 from St. Jude when one infected needs critical care. It involves tamping down Cytokine storms (overactive immune responses).

https://www.kalb.com/2020/11/20/st-jude-scientists-make-breakthrough-and-discover-possible-covid-19-treatment/

The frustrating thing for me Is that I read about how Scripps researchers made this same "discovery" back in 2011 and I thought it looked really promising:

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2011-09-scientists-treatable-mechanism-responsible-deadly.html

...and yet Scripps researchers were frustrated by the lack of interest from drug companies to pursue the research more - 2018 article.

It was pretty hard to watch'

Dr. Michael Oldstone, a professor of immunology and microbiology at Scripps who was involved in the research, says he doesn't know of any plans to do such studies in humans, but he wishes there were. "In the animals, if we blocked the main component of cytokine storm, then they had a good outcome," he said.

Full story:

https://www.wcpo.com/marketplace/flu/oregon-mom-dies-from-flu-after-hospital-sends-her-home

2 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Comparing one state to another in a completely different geographic area is problematic especially given the different climates.  By the time Covid hit Florida hard we knew much more about the virus and there were better protocals/treatments available.  There may have been less deaths if they went full lockdown but we'll never know for sure.  They still have the 15th highest death per population of the 50 states so it's not like they're the shining example of how it should be handled.

I agree with your last point though that the media treated DeSantis like crap.  Meanwhile, fricken Cuomo is nominated for an emmy despite slaughtering the nursing homes.  Ridiculous.

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Comparing one state to another in a completely different geographic area is problematic especially given the different climates. 

It's why the response in March was ridiculous.  

The virus was everywhere.  We just didn't and couldn't test for it.  And as they've always said, 80% will be asymptomatic and you'll recover at home.  The IFR is 0.2 and plummeting.  That's what these "cases!" should tell anyone.  That wasn't different in February.  So apply that IFR to the deaths we saw in April and you get the number of roughly infected by late March.  

Are they really trying to tell us "well uh, the first few thousand people that got it, many of them died.  It was a horrible tragic path of the virus.  But then as we went on throughout the year the virus only infected healthy people and there were less deaths."  

This is important because we were told in January (ALREADY HAD CERTAINTY!) that the CFR was 3 to 4%!   The CFR is actually less than 2.5.  And IFR less then 0.2.  No it's not the flu, its certainly more lethal.  But is it shutdown the world lethal---at that time?  

Here is the evidence as to why something more nefarious was happening from the very beginning.

The average age of death here in the U.S. is 78.  

What was it in China in January when the WHO was still telling us it wasn't transmissible human to human? 

Shouldn't this have told them and the Chinese, "actually, don't panic, because there is a clear trend here as to who is dying so maybe we need a bit more time to figure this out."  

Same thing happens in Italy that happens in Wuhan.  

My point being the reaction you make as humans that want to deal with it but not destroy lives and livelihoods in the process is to NOT PANIC.  And actually see what we are dealing with BECAUSE CHINA LIES. 

By the time we did and saw this was certainly serious but not stop life you can't play football if you are 25, symptom free, and should isolate for 10 days worthy, they decided to politicize it.  Trump wanted to take credit as a "war president" that saved "millions."  And the Left wanted to use "cases!" to show you Trump was failing.

The latter's response is why this was never something to take as seriously as people did.  Living in fear and horror that walking down the street you'll catch it.  We were supposed to be "all in this together.....but hey this President is racist for stopping travel with China.  And hold on a second let's finish this impeachment vote and rip up his SOTU.....ok....now look at what an idiot he is look at the case numbers!  Why my goodness, you said we'd be down to zero!  You liar!  And you said open at Easter how freaking dare you!!"

Totally sounds like a population that knows its at risk doesn't it?  

No the sane get together and say, "Guys, the data says the old and the really ill are most impacted let's just do what we can to protect them.  Tell everyone just assume you have it, but take care to wash your hands and maybe lay low if you wish.  But we're going to be fine.  Localities, if hospitalizations surge, deal with things as you would a severe flu."

Unfortunately, the evil that runs the show said, "guys, we can use this to beat him.  No the people wont panic we'll just post viral videos (Silicon Valley is all in with us it's all good they're going to ban and fact check anyone that questions anything) of the Speaker of the House eating ice cream and do endless PSAs telling everyone 'you're safer at home' right now and this is our new normal."  Which they decided by April 1.  Makes sense they knew everything about this thing in just 3 months and what life will be like from now on.  

Joke.  Either the biggest blunder of a response in human history or a coordinated coup.  And not just of Trump.  Great Resets and all that.  

• Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

It's why the response in March was ridiculous.  

The virus was everywhere.  We just didn't and couldn't test for it.  And as they've always said, 80% will be asymptomatic and you'll recover at home.  The IFR is 0.2 and plummeting.  That's what these "cases!" should tell anyone.  That wasn't different in February.  So apply that IFR to the deaths we saw in April and you get the number of roughly infected by late March.  

Are they really trying to tell us "well uh, the first few thousand people that got it, many of them died.  It was a horrible tragic path of the virus.  But then as we went on throughout the year the virus only infected healthy people and there were less deaths."  

This is important because we were told in January (ALREADY HAD CERTAINTY!) that the CFR was 3 to 4%!   The CFR is actually less than 2.5.  And IFR less then 0.2.  No it's not the flu, its certainly more lethal.  But is it shutdown the world lethal---at that time?  

Here is the evidence as to why something more nefarious was happening from the very beginning.

The average age of death here in the U.S. is 78.  

What was it in China in January when the WHO was still telling us it wasn't transmissible human to human? 

Shouldn't this have told them and the Chinese, "actually, don't panic, because there is a clear trend here as to who is dying so maybe we need a bit more time to figure this out."  

Same thing happens in Italy that happens in Wuhan.  

My point being the reaction you make as humans that want to deal with it but not destroy lives and livelihoods in the process is to NOT PANIC.  And actually see what we are dealing with BECAUSE CHINA LIES. 

By the time we did and saw this was certainly serious but not stop life you can't play football if you are 25, symptom free, and should isolate for 10 days worthy, they decided to politicize it.  Trump wanted to take credit as a "war president" that saved "millions."  And the Left wanted to use "cases!" to show you Trump was failing.

The latter's response is why this was never something to take as seriously as people did.  Living in fear and horror that walking down the street you'll catch it.  We were supposed to be "all in this together.....but hey this President is racist for stopping travel with China.  And hold on a second let's finish this impeachment vote and rip up his SOTU.....ok....now look at what an idiot he is look at the case numbers!  Why my goodness, you said we'd be down to zero!  You liar!  And you said open at Easter how freaking dare you!!"

Totally sounds like a population that knows its at risk doesn't it?  

No the sane get together and say, "Guys, the data says the old and the really ill are most impacted let's just do what we can to protect them.  Tell everyone just assume you have it, but take care to wash your hands and maybe lay low if you wish.  But we're going to be fine.  Localities, if hospitalizations surge, deal with things as you would a severe flu."

Unfortunately, the evil that runs the show said, "guys, we can use this to beat him.  No the people wont panic we'll just post viral videos (Silicon Valley is all in with us it's all good they're going to ban and fact check anyone that questions anything) of the Speaker of the House eating ice cream and do endless PSAs telling everyone 'you're safer at home' right now and this is our new normal."  Which they decided by April 1.  Makes sense they knew everything about this thing in just 3 months and what life will be like from now on.  

Joke.  Either the biggest blunder of a response in human history or a coordinated coup.  And not just of Trump.  Great Resets and all that.  

Such a narrow and incomplete view.

• So, your premise regarding the elderly and sick having higher mortality rates is true, but that means we should take every precaution to ensure we do not expose our seniors and those who have weakened immune systems to this virus. That means the population that can run around asymptomatic or with mild symptoms should avoid spreading it to those who cannot and do not take those risks.
  • You state mortality rates like they are the only factor when currently the CDC is predicting that by Dec. 6th we will surpass 200,000 new Covid-19 hospitalizations.
    • Do you have any idea the strain that puts on our healthcare workers, ICU space, and ventilator equipment? And, what do you do when patients suffering from other conditions need that equipment and space? You also have to take measures quarantining all those newly hospitalized from those vulnerable people you mentioned who may be in hospitals too.
  • We act responsibly to try to flatten the curve so we can have a snowball's chance of having the medical resources to treat folks when they do get sick so they are not dying on hospital tables for lack of available treatment resources.

41 minutes ago, WideNine said:

Such a narrow and incomplete view.

• So, your premise regarding the elderly and sick having higher mortality rates is true, but that means we should take every precaution to ensure we do not expose our seniors and those who have weakened immune systems to this virus. That means the population that can run around asymptomatic or with mild symptoms should avoid spreading it to those who cannot and do not take those risks.
  •  

2 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

3 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

How many times are you going to keep showing your ass with bunk data?
image.thumb.png.a9475ca9a4a8f1f6824176a9ef648f83.png

Nice work genius.   

You thought you would refute my chart that compares the data on deaths and hospitalizations in Illinois and Florida with a graphic on........cases. 

Go to bed.  You're drunk.