The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

9 minutes ago, ALF said:

Well sanctions against Russia now is already a new cold war if Putin is removed it could stop.

Nope 

Worse

New leader will have 150 million Russians that will want to nuke the West for the economic devastation those hypocrites caused.  While China.....

33 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Nope 

Worse

New leader will have 150 million Russians that will want to nuke the West for the economic devastation those hypocrites caused.  While China.....

I doubt Russians would want their country to disappear in a nuclear war, they are not that dumb.

46 minutes ago, ALF said:

Well sanctions against Russia now is already a new cold war if Putin is removed it could stop.

Another concern is cyber warfare from Russia if Putin is cornered not nuclear weapons use.

Cyber warfare can also be used against them to make it even worse.

Just now, ALF said:

I doubt Russians would want their country to disappear in a nuclear war, they are not that dumb.

I hope the Russians love their children too.

1 minute ago, Doc said:

Cyber warfare can also be used against them to make it even worse.

I hope the Russians love their children too.

It could do major damage to all countries involved. Turn out the lights and much more

• Agree 1

Finally the title of the thread is accurate. The NEXT Pandemic because this one is over.  

Huh I think I was given lots of ***** when in 2020 I said this will probaby end around the 2 year mark very much like the Spanish Flu did. At least that one was named correctly. 

19 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

Finally the title of the thread is accurate. The NEXT Pandemic because this one is over.  

Huh I think I was given lots of ***** when in 2020 I said this will probaby end around the 2 year mark very much like the Spanish Flu did. At least that one was named correctly. 

I remember that.  

...and coincidentally, the hundreds of billions of dollars in free federal money has also ran out.  

...and coincidentally, just like its cousins MERS and SARS that also faded out after two years, a natural source of COVID remains elusive.  MERS only reappeared with a brief outbreak after a Chinese scientist lost containment of it in a lab as he was studying it.  

• Like (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, John Adams said:

How very scientific of you “doctor.” 

You’re smart enough to know science is a lot of “we think” that the general public interprets as “we know”.  Something about a lab coat that makes one an expert.  Why this whole “follow the science” ***** constantly changes and is laughable 

58 minutes ago, John Adams said:

How very scientific of you “doctor.” 

Took you that long to come up with a response, and that's it?  LOL!

It's both scientific and common sense, "counselor."  

Why did Americans die at such a high rate of Covid?

We fat!

"Across 168 countries for which data were available, higher obesity prevalence was associated with increased COVID-19 mortality and prevalence rates. For every 1% increase in obesity prevalence, the mortality rate was increased by 8.3% (incidence rate ratio [IRR] 1.083, 95% confidence interval [CI] 1.048-1.119; P < 0.001) and the case rate was higher by 6.6% (IRR 1.066, 95% CI 1.035-1.099; P < 0.001). "

https://dom-pubs.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/dom.14523

'Merica, at the top of the civilized world in diabetes and Covid. 

• Agree 1

50 minutes ago, John Adams said:

Why did Americans die at such a high rate of Covid?

We fat!

"Across 168 countries for which data were available, higher obesity prevalence was associated with increased COVID-19 mortality and prevalence rates. For every 1% increase in obesity prevalence, the mortality rate was increased by 8.3% (incidence rate ratio [IRR] 1.083, 95% confidence interval [CI] 1.048-1.119; P < 0.001) and the case rate was higher by 6.6% (IRR 1.066, 95% CI 1.035-1.099; P < 0.001). "

https://dom-pubs.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/dom.14523

'Merica, at the top of the civilized world in diabetes and Covid. 

And you’re just coming to this realization now? Just another Covid secret that Dr Death didn’t want to tell you. 

I don't doubt the data. It was a good idea to get vaccinated for almost everyone when they were tolled out and it is still a good idea for those with comorbidities.

Still the data you cite is deaths per 100k and the vaccines are indeed effective at lowering risk for hospitalizations and death.  But deaths per 100k is not a metric used to label an outbreak as a pandemic.  The current vaccines no longer offer anywhere near the efficacy in preventing infection or transmission that they did for wild type covid.  So the political slogan "pandemic of the unvaccinated"  is just that...a political slogan.

• Like (+1) 1