The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

1 hour ago, Magox said:

You are correct that the universities are essentially running sweeps that are testing symptomatic and asymptomatic individuals.  It's hard to know what the prevalency of those colleges are without knowing the fall admissions. 

However, we do have this number which dates back over a week ago.  If you estimate that the average student admissions are about 10k for the fall semester (I'm totally guessing here) then the prevalency is about 10% or so.    This also takes into account only ACTIVE cases.   

No photo description available.

The country as a whole which takes into account the colleges and schools have steadily been dropping.  Even in the face of all this, it's encouraging to seeing drops considering a statistically notable portion of them come from the universities.  

I would suspect that anywhere from 2-10% of these students had COVID previously that are not recorded in these numbers.

I find this interesting. Do you have a link as to where you got this? I would love to read it further.

1 hour ago, BillStime said:

Trump knew and gambled with 200,000+ deaths.

You are responsible Trump voters - how you can justify another vote for this mediocrity is a disgrace.

You don’t care about America.

They don’t care. What is it out this incompetent blow hard they worship so much? 

Racism just just seems to make people corrupt, stupid and mean 

2 hours ago, BillStime said:

Trump knew and gambled with 200,000+ deaths.

You are responsible Trump voters - how you can justify another vote for this mediocrity is a disgrace.

You don’t care about America.

Let me get this straight...

Trump caused 200k deaths but those who called travel bans zenophobic didn't?

Trump could have stopped this somehow? If so tell me how? Quarantining didn't work.

Sorry you're writing lunacy. 

Worse the left said the answer is social distancing and got health officials to say people protesting the quarantines were super spreaders, but having mass protests won't do anything. 

Next, I don't believe the death toll numbers as caused by Covid, in the same way I don't believe the gov't was immunizing Guatemalans while giving them gonorrhea.

https://www.colorlines.com/articles/us-gov-secretly-infected-thousands-guatemalans-stds

History proves everything during an election year is political. 

Just now, BillStime said:

Trump knew in November and denied and downplayed the severity - sorry you can’t keep up but I expect that with Trumpholes.

Thanks for doing your part in destroying America - hope you’re proud.

You might have heard of the post hoc fallacy but I doubt you made it that far in school. Don't worry I can hear you copying and pasting in Google now. 

Next I never argue death with people who believe in abortion. I find its a tad ironic people who believe in murdering children. 

Last, aren't you part of the group of "don't judge" and morality is subjective? Sounds like you haven't figured that one out too. 

Keep going...

liberal-cognitive-dissonance-guns-and-ab

4 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

The average incubation period appears to be longer than previously thought.

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/science/article/3096653/coronavirus-average-incubation-period-may-be-longer-first

There is a reasonable argument that presumptively infected persons should self-isolate for longer than 14 days, but as with all such things there's an attempt to reach a balance here. 14 days definitely isn't "arbitrary" but that's not to say the standard shouldn't be adjusted based on experience with the disease.

now that's the kind of rock solid data you can rely on

modeling from the Wuhan group which projects the incubation to be longer than thought

too bad we don't have any scientists in the US that could use US data to compute actual incubation periods.

we could actually gain some insight from the most "cases" in the world

15 hours ago, fansince88 said:

I find this interesting. Do you have a link as to where you got this? I would love to read it further.

Here's the Tweet and the references are in a thread there. 

His case counts are wrong--not just dated but he's pulling at least in one example, the wrong data. Also most of the Tweeter's sources DO NOT identify if college kids were hospitalized so the data is not verified or verifiable. I know because my alma mater is on this list and so is another school I watch and neither one publishes hospitalization data. 

Not a good source but I still believe it's true that college kids are doing just fine. 

Edited by shoshin

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

The fact that Trump is turning the left into anti-vaxxers is one of the most hilarious parts of 2020. And this guy, besides his love of Epstein he shows his true color here. "Don't trust a vaccine but for the one I make". He's not a good guy. 

I’m old enough to remember when the country’s opinion of Bill Gates looked like this:

XrTk.gif

• Thank you (+1) 1