The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

The ‘pandemic’ goes on. (In parenthesis because I believe someone shared that the current case and death rates are below the actual definition of the term.) And now, in an election year, the opposition party wants to use the demise of their fellow citizens as a springboard towards power. Nice! The problem is Biden has no plans to do anything different come January....but that gets lost in the details.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, dubs said:

That article is well written and concise.  I feel this libertarian mindset is so far removed from the fat lazy American approach to life that it is immediately dismissed by the masses.  What this virus should teach us is this: we collectively need to take personal control of our lives.  Be it personal health, economic standing, and personal freedoms.  Sweden gets this for the most part.  They do love their gov't run health care, but they do have a quantum leap difference in general health.  That makes it easier on the gov't, for sure.

Be lazy, pay the price.  The virus will eventually find you.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, BeerLeagueHockey said:

That article is well written and concise.  I feel this libertarian mindset is so far removed from the fat lazy American approach to life that it is immediately dismissed by the masses.  What this virus should teach us is this: we collectively need to take personal control of our lives.  Be it personal health, economic standing, and personal freedoms.  Sweden gets this for the most part.  They do love their gov't run health care, but they do have a quantum leap difference in general health.  That makes it easier on the gov't, for sure.

Please point me to a "Libertarian" society or country, past or present that has been a sustained - or even modest success - or even in existence ...

Edited by TH3

8 minutes ago, TH3 said:

Please point me to a "Libertarian" society or country, past or present that has been a sustained - or even modest success - or even in existence ...

The article from the mises.org has an obvious libertarian slant to it.  That's why I mentioned it.

To your point, there is no single philosophy that rules the day.  A libertarian society would look like the wild west in short order.  My point is a little more self reliance wouldn't hurt.  Blending that into our current governmental approach would only help.

Edited by BeerLeagueHockey
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BeerLeagueHockey said:

very true. 

conditioned dependence in this country is a huge problem, across all demographics. 

"Now some researchers are wrestling with a hopeful possibility. In interviews with The New York Times, more than a dozen scientists said that the threshold is likely to be much lower: just 50 percent, perhaps even less. If that’s true, then it may be possible to turn back the coronavirus more quickly than once thought."

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Gary M said:

Still less than 1.7 million, Trump saved lives!!!!!

Yep.

Still, I expect SoTier's latest post showing the national count going up.

As if, in an epidemic, when you add the next day's total to the whole, it isn't higher.

Of course it is higher, that is how it works !

Now have the balls to show how the infection rate and deaths are steadily decreasing.

28 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Yep.

As if, in an epidemic, when you add the next day's total to the whole, it isn't higher.

Now have the balls to show how the infection rate and deaths are steadily decreasing.

image.thumb.png.83567708d17e1df144fa050cb69d1cc7.pngimage.thumb.png.91c80561cb232f2096e9126e582a9a73.png

My other personal favorite highlights of this sham that contributed to the hysteria...

1.  That viral video from China of a guy passed out on public steps somewhere allegedly "dying" in the streets

2. Covid toes

3. Kawasaki disease 

4. CBS using footage of an Italian hospital and calling it a NYC one

5. That Instagram post from the crisis actress pretending to be a nurse in NYC in the middle of a "surge."  

6. The missing cell phones in China

7.  The body bag purchases in Taiwan

Feel free to add your own....this was another:

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

Yep.

RECORD HIGHS!!!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

My other personal favorite highlights of this sham that contributed to the hysteria...

1.  That viral video from China of a guy passed out on public steps somewhere allegedly "dying" in the streets

2. Covid toes

3. Kawasaki disease 

4. CBS using footage of an Italian hospital and calling it a NYC one

5. That Instagram post from the crisis actress pretending to be a nurse in NYC in the middle of a "surge."  

6. The missing cell phones in China

7.  The body bag purchases in Taiwan

Feel free to add your own....this was another:

I dont recall this one. Refresh my memory please.