The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

4 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Or anyone. They don't care. 

I was ready about the big Coal Strike of 1902 and how the miners were dying, getting mutilated and burned up for such low wages and the Coal Operators just lied, blamed the unions and did everything they could to make workers lives miserable, unsafe and short. Industrial evil. 

The GOP right now shows the same disregard for people's lives. 

...they're allowing YOU to subsist which is monumental.......must be sympathy.................

1 hour ago, Magox said:

Arizona somewhat mixed but more positive than negative 

Pretty precipitous drop in hospitalizations.  Wouldn’t expect that for Florida, California and Texas as they have multiple population zones.  Arizona is largely dominated by Phoenix.  Phoenix must be at burnout level.  

Looks like COVID ICU usage is going down right along with hospitalizations.  I would imagine there would be a slight lag.

15 hours ago, Magox said:

I think it’s clear now that Arizona has seen the worst of it.  They should start going down in deaths pretty soon.

This is in keeping with my theory on all this.....every population area needs to have their surge.  Every population group has those who are most easily infected, most likely to spread it around, and most likely to die.  NY/New England were first and now we're seeing it crest in the south/SW.  Sure, wearing masks helps, but that can't keep the virus from getting into dense population centers.  The only way that was not ever going to happen was if we shut down all air travel, all interstate trucking, all Amazon deliveries, etc.   Politicians pretending that Florida didn't need to ever have a COVID outbreak is pretty laughable.

I live in the Karen capital of the US....people actually get called out on local social media for not wearing masks.  Yet the case numbers have been rising the past month.  How?  All those Marin Trump supporters not wearing masks to the MAGA rallies?  lol

Here's the Rt chart....several big southern states moving in the right direction.

https://rt.live/

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 minute ago, BillStime said:

Good. Scientists seem to be guessing too. They dont lead the country. Trump does. They dont get the blame if it is wrong.  Trump does. They dont get the credit when it works........wait. scrarch the last one.

Edited by fansince88
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, fansince88 said:

Good. Scientists seem to be guessing too. They dont lead the country. Trump does. They dont get the blame if it is wrong.  Trump does. 

What a cute little puppy you are... Meanwhile, the White House got caught pumping out anti Fauci stories left and right the last couple weeks.

When it comes to Trump and his supporters - it is ALWAYS someone else’s fault - and you know that 

image.thumb.jpeg.6f8c4be2f566ed9c51040af0d6517b07.jpeg

8 minutes ago, fansince88 said:

Good. Scientists seem to be guessing too. They dont lead the country. Trump does. They dont get the blame if it is wrong.  Trump does. They dont get the credit when it works........wait. scrarch the last one.

What great success is Trump getting slighted on?

4 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Population of just under 5 million.  Island surrounded by ocean. NYC 8.7 million. Cant argue. They did a much better job then NYC

Just now, Gene Frenkle said:

What great success is Trump getting slighted on?

If he wakes up he gets slighted. Ope your eyes man!

1 minute ago, BillStime said:

What a cute little puppy you are... Meanwhile, the White House got caught pumping out anti Fauci stories left and right the last couple weeks.

When it comes to Trump and his supporters - it is ALWAYS someone else’s fault - and you know that 

image.thumb.jpeg.6f8c4be2f566ed9c51040af0d6517b07.jpeg

Thst meme states 100% opposite from my point. 

5 minutes ago, fansince88 said:

Population of just under 5 million.  Island surrounded by ocean. NYC 8.7 million. Cant argue. They did a much better job then NYC

If he wakes up he gets slighted. Ope your eyes man!

Thst meme states 100% opposite from my point. 

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29i6na10pi9rk5jg9k3s

4 minutes ago, fansince88 said:

This meme states 100% opposite from my point. 

He just rotates the same 7 or 8 over and over,

it doesn't matter to him if they match up.

WHEN YOU CAN’T TRUST THE NUMBERS: 

Florida mistake on child COVID-19 rate raises question: Can Florida’s numbers be trusted? 

“An error by the Florida Department of Health produced a COVID-19 positivity rate for children of nearly one-third, a stunning figure that played into the debate over whether schools should reopen. A week after issuing that statistic, the department took it back without explanation. The next weekly report on children and COVID-19 showed the rate had plunged to 13.4%. The department blamed a “computer programming error” for the mistake, in response to questions from the South Florida Sun-Sentinel. Experts said the change and the failure to explain it to the public calls into question the state’s data at a time when accurate and trustworthy information is crucial to a society grappling with an unprecedented health crisis.”

Plus: ‘It’s unacceptable to publish information that changes so dramatically that it warrants explanation, and then to not provide any explanation,’ said Jason Salemi, associate professor of epidemiology at the University of South Florida College of Public Health in Tampa. ‘I’m trying to get an understanding of why the number changed so much, what underlies it — and can we trust this new number.'”

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, B-Man said:

He just rotates the same 7 or 8 over and over,

it doesn't matter to him if they match up.

WHEN YOU CAN’T TRUST THE NUMBERS: 

Florida mistake on child COVID-19 rate raises question: Can Florida’s numbers be trusted? 

“An error by the Florida Department of Health produced a COVID-19 positivity rate for children of nearly one-third, a stunning figure that played into the debate over whether schools should reopen. A week after issuing that statistic, the department took it back without explanation. The next weekly report on children and COVID-19 showed the rate had plunged to 13.4%. The department blamed a “computer programming error” for the mistake, in response to questions from the South Florida Sun-Sentinel. Experts said the change and the failure to explain it to the public calls into question the state’s data at a time when accurate and trustworthy information is crucial to a society grappling with an unprecedented health crisis.”

Plus: ‘It’s unacceptable to publish information that changes so dramatically that it warrants explanation, and then to not provide any explanation,’ said Jason Salemi, associate professor of epidemiology at the University of South Florida College of Public Health in Tampa. ‘I’m trying to get an understanding of why the number changed so much, what underlies it — and can we trust this new number.'”

Well Desantis did fire the government employee putting the numbers on the internet.....for being correct......so ya....might be tough to trust FLa

• Like (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, bilzfancy said:

I've been saying this, don't trust or believe the numbers, especially the death numbers, they are as believable as Adam Schiff

A friend once told his ex. All it takes to be a liar is 1 lie. Once you lie once you are always suspected of lying. Then he caught her cheating.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

AZ on it's way to herd immunity that will be irrelevant since its socially distanced half capacity for life anyway.  

They'll say that the masks worked.  That guy vaping thru his mask proved otherwise weeks ago. 

Herd immunity doesn't work, until the virus hits at that magical 20% number.  Right before that happens, everyone flips out and issues hard lockdowns...

1 hour ago, Magox said:

Galveston county in Texas making that turn

SIgh, it's the distancing and herd immunity.  Not the masks.