The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

12 minutes ago, Magox said:

Very impressive drop in deaths today. 

Lowest Tuesday in forever. Today begins the marking of two weeks since cases started rising. So this is now the big window to watch. If not much happens in the next two weeks, this thing needs monitoring come November, but no one can justify a shut down unless there’s a shocking change in the virus. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I believe this is the lowest death total for a Tuesday since March.

The 7 day moving average now stands at 512.

How much lower can it go?  Based on the total infections I wouldn’t think too much lower.

Edited by Magox
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, shoshin said:

Lowest Tuesday in forever. Today begins the marking of two weeks since cases started rising. So this is now the big window to watch. If not much happens in the next two weeks, this thing needs monitoring come November, but no one can justify a shut down unless there’s a shocking change in the virus. 

Silly you. ANYTHING that will hurt the President will be justified by these self proclaimed  ‘Science’ defenders. 

2 hours ago, Magox said:

I don't see a problem with Europe banning the US from entering into their countries.  It makes total sense, it would be crazy if they didn't.   Truth be told, I'm not sure when they will relax those rules.  Not probably until early next year.

Again this is good news for the US economy! 

3 hours ago, B-Man said:

The problem becomes, whose science?

There are partisan asshat 'scientists' on both sides who will manipulate the data to come to whatever conclusion their political masters find most expedient.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, shoshin said:

Yeah, except that the media is pushing cases like they’re deaths. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

The problem becomes, whose science?

There are partisan asshat 'scientists' on both sides who will manipulate the data to come to whatever conclusion their political masters find most expedient.

So to quote Billy Idol....’they blinded you with Science’!

4 hours ago, Magox said:

Very impressive drop in deaths today. 

Good news

Ya Magox. I heard lots of site online. Said covid19 because more infectious but less deadly (mutation). There is some some truth with cases and daily reports as evidence. . But who knows.Maybe why lately more cases. But IDK for sure. Just want to hear you're thoughts.

Thanks man keeping good posts and updated. Enjoy seeing you here and posts.

https://www.foxnews.com/health/scientists-analyzing-coronavirus-mutation-might-spread-virus-faster

Coronavirus mutation may have made virus more contagious: report

The mutation has been found to affect the virus' spike protein

Fox News Flash top headlines for June 29

Fox News Flash top headlines are here. Check out what's clicking on Foxnews.com.

Scientists are trying to understand a mutation of the novel coronavirus seen around the globe that some believe could make the virus more contagious, according to a report.

The mutation, officially designated D614G or "G" for short, has been found to affect the virus' spike protein, which is a structure that allows it to enter human cells. The more effective the spike protein, the easier it can enter a host's body.

Research has suggested that the mutation, which changes amino acid 614 from “D” (aspartic acid) to “G” (glycine) might make the spike protein more effective, which enhances the virus’ infectiousness, according to The Washington Post.

CORONAVIRUS PATIENTS EXPERIENCING 'TERRIFYING' HOSPITAL DELIRIUM: REPORTS

Researchers have found that out of the roughly 50,000 genomes of the new virus uploaded to a shared database, about 70 percent carried the mutation.

“The epidemiological study and our data together really explain why the [G variant’s] spread in Europe and the U.S. was really fast,” Hyeryun Choe, a virologist at Scripps Research, told the paper. “This is not just accidental.”

Choe was the lead author of an unpublished study on the G variant’s enhanced infectiousness in laboratory cell cultures. He said there were a couple of reasons why "G" was more effective in spreading the virus.

In the mutation, the outer parts of those proteins that bind to a human receptor were less likely to break off, which was a fault of SARS-CoV-2, the virus originated in China that causes COVID-19.

CORONAVIRUS INFECTS 28 MEMBERS OF CALIFORNIA FAMILY, KILLS ONE: COVID-19 'IS A REAL THING'

The faulty mechanism made it so the SARS-CoV-2 had a harder time invading host cells. He added that "G" has more spike proteins, and said those reasons made the mutation 10 times more infectious in lab experiments, according to the Post.

“I think this mutation happened to compensate,” Choe said.

The mutation was also found to be more contagious in four studies that have yet to be peer-reviewed. One study by scientists at the Los Alamos National Laboratory concluded that patients with the "G" mutation also have more virus in their bodies, making them more likely to spread it to others, the report said.

Others believe more studies are needed to d

Edited by Buffalo Bills Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Reality Check said:

How cute...

...the new 2020 quarters have adorable bats on them...

...timing is everything...

I got one in change last week and shuddered  a little when I saw it.

• Like (+1) 1

States with highest death tolls since mid May yesterday:

CA

AZ 

TX 

not huge jumps but also not the continued decline. Watch them now to see how high this rise goes. 

FL and GA started their case spikes a week after those states so their window to watch opens next week if we are watching 2 weeks out...The trailing death window is probably 3-4 weeks from case rise though—2 is just the beginning edge. 

Florida will finally start reporting statewide hospitalizations this week. Why DeSantis kept that data hidden, who knows. PA Gov Wolf also held back data he had for weeks. The wrong approach. 

11 hours ago, shoshin said:

Deaths at Worldometer much higher than this yesterday. CA data came in late as did others. Total over 700. Maybe not as low as hoped yesterday. 

Edited by shoshin
  • Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, RiotAct said:

I got one in change last week and shuddered  a little when I saw it.

Bro, I was emptying my pockets of change yesterday after buying some groceries, and that is when I noticed it.

At first, it was a what the ***** is this moment...

Strange timing for such an ugly ass coin to be in circulation...

I just hope the coins aren't contagious lol.

• Haha (+1) 1

Yesterday, Tuesday, we appear to have seen the leftover latent reporting from the weekend but with only California registering triple digit Covid deaths. NY reported only 17 deaths and approximately thirty states, again were either in single digits or reported zero fatalities. It’s interesting that even with the recent and now somewhat prolonged spike in new cases across the Southwest the death rate (deaths per million of population) in those states is less than 10% of the overall rate experienced in the NY metro area. I’m guessing the medical profession knows way more about how to treat the virus now than they did then.