The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

On 6/29/2020 at 7:21 PM, BillStime said:

What was your reaction to White Power?

Anyhow - shouldn’t you be doing research on Cuomo and why he made this decision?

Is this a direct threat to me as a mixed American? Am I too dumb to make my own decisions?

I think this clearly goes into the borders of a 'Hate Speech' felony as defined by NYS.

What are you trying to say to me? Are you a white supremacist? What is White Power?

Edited by RocCityRoller

Yesterday, Monday, the death tally reached a new low point since I’ve been offering this daily report. Only 350 deaths across the entire country. NY State was at 12...down from highs that were close to 1,000 per day! NJ and PA were also below twenty. Only California was even close to 4O deaths and forty states were in single digits with approximately fifteen reporting ZERO deaths. Yes, cases are up in some areas but fatalities are way, way, way down.

Edited by SoCal Deek
  • Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Yesterday, Monday, the death tally reached a new low point since I’ve been offering this daily report. Only 350 deaths across the entire country. NY State was at 12...down from highs that were close to 1,000 per day! NJ and PA were also below twenty. Only California was even close to 4O deaths and forty states were in single digits with approximately fifteen reporting ZERO deaths. Yes, cases are up in some areas but fatalities are way, way, way down.

Not sure where you're getting your data. It was a low day but nowhere notes it as the lowest day to date. 

6 minutes ago, shoshin said:

Not sure where you're getting your data. It was a low day but nowhere notes it as the lowest day to date. 

I believe my statement was it’s the lowest day that I can recall since I’ve been reporting....which as you’re aware goes back many weeks now. Not sure what your contention is? Do you disagree with that statement? Mondays  ‘should be’ a day where they catch up from the lack of weekend reporting but it wasn’t. I’ll report again tomorrow and the next day....

Edited by SoCal Deek

3 hours ago, shoshin said:

Magox am I supposed to put 80% of the board on ignore? See last 3 pages of nonsense? 

1 hour ago, Jaraxxus said:

Leave. Don't come back if you don't like it.

Seems common sense, no,?

Shoshin is wrong when he calls for PPP to be scrapped, but at least when he's here he does try to have a legit discussion.

Probably not the right thread for this comment, but if we drive away the handful of more liberal leaning posters like him that actually want to have a discussion, then we are left with an echo chamber for the most part with bad actors like Gary & Kemp throwing their bombs to disrupt that echo chamber.  It would be far better to either have Gary and his ilk grow up or leave than to run off Shoshin.  My 2 cents.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Jaraxxus said:

I have real issues with a newcomer who comes here and wants to change the culture of what this subforum *is*.

The main board is intolerable in its over-moderation.  I don't want this one to become like that. And it seemed to me that's what he was advocating.

Again, he's wrong in wanting this sub forum to go away or to be heavily moderated.  That was the very first thing written in the post you're responding to.

But there's a whole slew of bad actors that have shown up here since the lockdown hit that it would be far better to have take a hike.  And totally understand where you're coming from; it's annoying to have people say they want to play in the sandbox but only if we make a lot of changes.  But overall, it would be good to have more Doc Brown's or Kay Adams' here than less.  Shoshin seems like he could be one of those.  Just my 2 cents.

• Like (+1) 2

14 hours ago, Magox said:

Ages of COVID infected people in Arizona

Young, just like in Florida and Texas.  My guess is that this is a countrywide development.

It's a factor of the increased availability of tests.

14 hours ago, Penfield45 said:

You do know that under those hoods are are democrats, you know the ones that were opposed to emancipation and the civil rights act, you know that right?

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Gary M said:

It's a factor of the increased availability of tests.

I’m not sure that’s what’s at the heart of it. I believe younger people are developing symptoms, which is pretty unusual during the Summer actually, and THEN they’re going and getting tested. 

2 minutes ago, Gary M said:

You do know that under those hoods are are democrats, you know the ones that were opposed to emancipation and the civil rights act, you know that right?

Doesn't matter. Even if he knows that, he would not care. 

12 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I’m not sure that’s what’s at the heart of it. I believe younger people are developing symptoms, which is pretty unusual during the Summer actually, and THEN they’re going and getting tested. 

Someone posted the tweet from the guy running the hospitals, it's exactly what he said, we are testing more people.

Younger healthier patients were not being testing if they had mild symptoms.

image.thumb.png.eaebbba915f1d897fc05a0240b0f790d.png

Edited by Gary M
  • Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I believe my statement was it’s the lowest day that I can recall since I’ve been reporting....which as you’re aware goes back many weeks now. Not sure what your contention is? Do you disagree with that statement? Mondays  ‘should be’ a day where they catch up from the lack of weekend reporting but it wasn’t. I’ll report again tomorrow and the next day....

What you said was "Yesterday, Monday, the death tally reached a new low point since I’ve been offering this daily report." 

But it was higher Monday than Sunday, and also higher than just a week ago. 

Not a huge deal but yesterday wasn't the low. 

Just now, Gary M said:

Someone posted the tweet from the guy running the hospitals, it's exactly what he said, we are testing more people.

image.thumb.png.eaebbba915f1d897fc05a0240b0f790d.png

Interesting...but isn’t he referring just to the testing inside hospitals? Most testing is done in remote curbside locations...no?

1 minute ago, shoshin said:

What you said was "Yesterday, Monday, the death tally reached a new low point since I’ve been offering this daily report." 

But it was higher Monday than Sunday, and also higher than just a week ago. 

Not a huge deal but yesterday wasn't the low. 

You’re right it’s not a big deal, and therefore I’m not sure why you chose to make the point. And on the contrary NY’s TWELVE deaths was indeed the lowest since I’ve been reporting. Shosin....where are you trying to go with this? Occasionally the glass is actually less full!!!!!!!

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Magox said:

Nothing to see here

Providing more data points that say that the virus will continue to roll through places that haven't peaked yet and that the virus could care less about your politics.

Even NYT has to admit the obvious.

2. Trouble in California

Coronavirus rates are rising in every Western state, including deep-blue California, Oregon and Washington. The pattern shows that the spread of the virus isn’t a reflection only of the partisan divides over whether to wear masks and listen to Trump’s advice.

Much of the Western U.S. appears to have grown complacent about the virus, after having avoided bad outbreaks earlier this year. “Unlike people in the Northeast, many Californians did not have a sense of urgency or immediacy toward the virus because infection rates had been so low for months,” The Times reports, in a close look at the state.

• Like (+1) 1