The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

20 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

I remember the uproar against banning of smoking in bars and restaurants back in the early 2000's in NYS.  You barely hear a peep about it now.  It will become that way with masks over the next few months.

Years? Decades?

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

Trust me, I’m still quite rational. But....The next logical step will be for the government to deny health ‘service’ if you were found not to be wearing a mask. It’s already common practice out here in CA that you’re required to have a mask if you’re going to enter a store, restaurant, etc.

the government cannot deny health service to anyone because hospitals and medical practices are all privatized in this country, remember? 

you think these ppl care if you wear a mask? lol. they only want your money. thats why folks who have recovered from covid are getting 500k+ bills after leaving the hospital. 

1 minute ago, Penfield45 said:

the government cannot deny health service to anyone because hospitals and medical practices are all privatized in this country, remember? 

you think these ppl care if you wear a mask? lol. they only want your money. thats why folks who have recovered from covid are getting 500k+ bills after leaving the hospital. 

Link?

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Penfield45 said:

Thanks. It’s brutally clear that you are a complete moron. I’d self quarantine for at least the next half century and then call me on the morning of your reinstatement so we can evaluate your case.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, bilzfancy said:

Commie News Network, that bastion of fair, objective reporting

It's not bias when you show what the people actually said. Not only that, they seem like they'd be at home in some of the threads here! ?

Of course the crazy folks are getting views because they are crazy! If it bleeds it leads has a lot of corollaries, one of which is crazy conspiracy people make for amusing fodder. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Warren Zevon said:

There is still no federal plan and it's June 25th. 

He’s cutting federal testing as the pandemic spreads. Sad 

4 minutes ago, GG said:

Welcome to the union of 57 states

I like this. Comparing a verbal slip to a massive blunder that has lasted months, as if these are comparable. But I’m sure the head nodders will agree it’s a good comparison. So Obama could say a one time thing that was wrong, and Trump could literally help spread a virus, hold super spreader events, and these things are equal. 

DR is hardly the only moonbat around here 

Yesterday, Wednesday, was an odd one. Once again no states reported triple digit Covid deaths but four were over 50 (CA, PA, IL and AZ). Odd because we’ve seen increases in the southwest but it’s been awhile since Pennsylvania and Illinois have made it into my daily report. What I hope that means is that the reporting is relatively accurate as opposed to just following projected trend lines, but it’s impossible to tell. Overall, 32 states reported either single digit deaths or none at all. Yes...I know...CASES are up in areas that hadn’t experienced it before but the really good news is that deaths (which is what we really hope to avoid) continue to be way down and so far there doesn’t seem to be a latent impact from the mass rioting.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

Yesterday, Wednesday, was an odd one. Once again no states reported triple digit Covid deaths but four were over 50 (CA, PA, IL and AZ). Odd because we’ve seen increases in the southwest but it’s been awhile since Pennsylvania and Illinois have made it into my daily report. What I hope that means is that the reporting is relatively accurate as opposed to just following projected trend lines, but it’s impossible to tell. Overall, 32 states reported either single digit deaths or none at all. Yes...I know...CASES are up in areas that hadn’t experienced it before but the really good news is that deaths (which is what we really hope to avoid) continue to be way down and so far there doesn’t seem to be a latent impact from the mass rioting.

PA deaths per tested positive have been high all along...but PA has one of the lowest testing rates of any state. It's an odd duck. 

4 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I can’t help but think the warm weather drove people inside where the virus spreads easier. That would explain why the Southwest is getting hit hard. 

1 minute ago, shoshin said:

PA deaths per tested positive have been high all along...but PA has one of the lowest testing rates of any state. It's an odd duck. 

You’re right about PA testing rates. I hadn’t noticed that before. Overall we topped 30 MILLION tests yesterday. Those that wanted universal testing should now see just how impossible of a task that really is. We’ve yet to get to 10% of the population and it’s been three months since the major lockdown effort. 

Just now, Tiberius said:

I can’t help but think the warm weather drove people inside where the virus spreads easier. That would explain why the Southwest is getting hit hard. 

That wouldn’t be at all true in California. We aren’t in our warm weather season here....and on the contrary people are getting out WAY MORE than they were just a few weeks ago. Our freeways are noticeably busier. 

EU:447 million

USA:328.2M

4 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

that has nothing to do with it. 

the southern states are getting hit hard because they opened up earlier than everyone else and had no strict mask orders. 

4 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

that has nothing to do with it. 

the southern states are getting hit hard because they opened up earlier than everyone else and had no strict mask orders. 

Is there ANYTHING you know anything at all about? California (run 100% by Democrats) is the leader in new cases, and has continued to be a mask-friendly State. The vast, vast majority of new cases in CA are all in hyper-left Los Angeles County, where EVERYONE is wearing a mask.