The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

Lebon is great. This is Australia. Aside from the nonsense of this protest, which is a fraud on it's own,  is social distancing not a thing any more? Or did the sheep find another shiny new cause to push communism? What a clown show the world is now. Where is a real pandemic when you need it with all these dipshites clogging up the cities.

Edited by Dante

Curious ad placement, even more curious that i have NEVER in my life searched for biking underwear or bike shorts #forthatmatter

468424450_Annotation2020-06-08173700.thumb.png.81830ca3d77d49650016b370106bd988.png

55 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Nor this.........

IT’S COME TO THIS: Minneapolis City Council President Lisa Bender tells CNN that Not Wanting To Be Raped And Robbed Is White Privilege.

• Haha (+1) 3

17 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

All you needed to do was carry some sort of protest sign with you from the car to the tent and you'd have been safe. Haven't you learned anything in the last couple of weeks? 

I wanted to go in the store the other day, but I didn't have a placebo mask and I didn't want to get arrested, so I tore the cardboard off the side of a box of beer and wrote "Black Lives Matter" on it. 

Mama didn't raise no fool.

• Haha (+1) 4

5 hours ago, Magox said:

It's over.  The public will not accept a lock down.  

As I've said for over a month now, take care of the elderly, frontline workers, exercise some basic safety measures and plow forward.  

Most Americans are wise enough to know that the risks are tiny for the great majority of the populace and they aren't going to continue destroying their way of living and livelihood over something that has this tiny of a death rate for working class folks.   We're willing to take that risk but what we aren't willing to do is get conned by the elite technocratic health experts and ideological tyrannical elected politicians who are willing to step on your rights but not for those who support their preferred causes.

It's a farce!

BRAV-OH!!!

• Like (+1) 1

Yesterday, Monday, once again not a single state reported triple digit Covid deaths. Approximately 30 states were in single digits with half of those reporting zero deaths. The curve is gone. Now...we sit back and wait for the post rioting Covid bump media driven hysteria. Should be right around this weekend if my math is correct. 

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Yesterday, Monday, once again not a single state reported triple digit Covid deaths. Approximately 30 states were in single digits with half of those reporting zero deaths. The curve is gone. Now...we sit back and wait for the post rioting Covid bump media driven hysteria. Should be right around this weekend if my math is correct. 

Yuuuup

1 minute ago, Gene Frenkle said:

Are you saying the deaths don't matter and we shouldn't have taken these measures because very old people are the main demographic for which this is fatal?

No.  I've posted about this topic ad nauseum on this forum.

What this means is that a different more targeted approach would have been better than this.  As a result of the draconian lock downs, there are lots of negative effects as well.  Suicides way up, cancer screenings way down, about a 50% reduction in reported heart attacks/strokes, spousal and child abuse way up, alcohol and drug use way up, depression and anxiety way up not to mention all the economic devastation. 

So considering that the average profile of the person who dies from this virus is age 81 with 2.7 comorbidites (which means they were near the end of their lives), the best overall strategy not just for the economy but for overall public health would have been to protect the nursing homes and people most vulnerable, frontline workers while the rest of society practiced basic social distancing guidelines without the lock downs and stringent social distancing measures.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Gene Frenkle said:

Are you saying the deaths don't matter and we shouldn't have taken these measures because very old people are the main demographic for which this is fatal?

Why do you get in your car each morning? Do you know how many people die in car accidents each year? 

Of course the deaths matter, but as with everything, we as a society take reasonable precautions- not drastic measures with little positive effect. 

• Like (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, Gene Frenkle said:

My take is that the numbers show that older and/or higher risk people should consider taking measures to reduce their potential exposure and risk while younger and lower risk people should not be restricted any longer aside from distancing from higher risk people. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Magox said:

No.  I've posted about this topic ad nauseum on this forum.

What this means is that a different more targeted approach would have been better than this.  As a result of the draconian lock downs, there are lots of negative effects as well.  Suicides way up, cancer screenings way down, about a 50% reduction in reported heart attacks/strokes, spousal and child abuse way up, alcohol and drug use way up, depression and anxiety way up not to mention all the economic devastation. 

So considering that the average profile of the person who dies from this virus is age 81 with 2.7 comorbidites (which means they were near the end of their lives), the best overall strategy not just for the economy but for overall public health would have been to protect the nursing homes and people most vulnerable, frontline workers while the rest of society practiced basic social distancing guidelines without the lock downs and stringent social distancing measures.

Coronavirus Cases Up; Cuomo Says More to Come

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Why do you get in your car each morning? Do you know how many people die in car accidents each year? 

Of course the deaths matter, but as with everything, we as a society take reasonable precautions- not drastic measures with little positive effect. 

This is a very good point.  It's a matter of relative risk and the precautions you take within that risk group.

Somewhere along the line you draw a distinction.  You don't have a uniformed policy if the facts on the ground don't call for it.

• Like (+1) 5

THE SCIENCE ISN’T SETTLED UNTIL WE SAY IT’S SETTLED: 

The W.H.O. walked back an earlier assertion that asymptomatic transmission is ‘very rare.’

A top expert at the World Health Organization on Tuesday walked back her earlier assertion that transmission of the coronavirus by people who do not have symptoms is “very rare.”

Dr. Maria Van Kerkhove, who made the original comment at a W.H.O. briefing on Monday, said that it was based on just two or three studies and that it was a “misunderstanding” to say asymptomatic transmission is rare globally.

“I was just responding to a question, I wasn’t stating a policy of W.H.O. or anything like that,” she said.

Dr. Van Kerkhove said that the estimates of transmission from people without symptoms come primarily from models, which may not provide an accurate representation. “That’s a big open question, and that remains an open question,” she said.

Well, okay then.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, B-Man said:

THE SCIENCE ISN’T SETTLED UNTIL WE SAY IT’S SETTLED: 

The W.H.O. walked back an earlier assertion that asymptomatic transmission is ‘very rare.’

A top expert at the World Health Organization on Tuesday walked back her earlier assertion that transmission of the coronavirus by people who do not have symptoms is “very rare.”

Dr. Maria Van Kerkhove, who made the original comment at a W.H.O. briefing on Monday, said that it was based on just two or three studies and that it was a “misunderstanding” to say asymptomatic transmission is rare globally.

“I was just responding to a question, I wasn’t stating a policy of W.H.O. or anything like that,” she said.

Dr. Van Kerkhove said that the estimates of transmission from people without symptoms come primarily from models, which may not provide an accurate representation. “That’s a big open question, and that remains an open question,” she said.

Well, okay then.

just another changing of the minds among the so called experts.... smdh

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, B-Man said:

But it was good enough to use models, which may not provide an accurate representation, to close down the world and keep it closed?

• Thank you (+1) 1