The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

1 minute ago, SectionC3 said:

Actually the forum works however its users decide that it works.  

In any event, you brought up a point about the NYPD providing implied consent for the Williamsburg gathering in question.  When asked to "defend" your "point," you responded with a link to a NY Post article that is not responsive to the issue.  

That leaves us in a couple of bad places.  First, it could be that you're "lazy" and "intellectually dishonest."  I'm working hard to give you a pass on that one. 

Second, based on insinuations in your prior comments, it also could be that you're a closeted version of the "prog facists" of whom you complain.  

Getting a pass on the latter point is going to be a little dicier for you.  It pains me to say it, but I think there's no other option than to put you on the "suspect 'prog facist' " list.

You are a lazy daisy today, GG.  Still no link to the NYPD P&P manual.  Could have been that you were talking out of your rear end before?

NYPD doesn't "imply" consent when it trucks physical barriers in physical trucks from a physical warehouse and cordons off 5 city blocks.

The regulations are in the link.  Permits are required for such large gatherings, and NYPD responds in kind if the crowd is expected to be large.

Face it, Diblasio jumped the gun and didn't call his police and community affairs when he saw the tweets of the large crowds. 

4 minutes ago, Warren Zevon said:

Plenty of those in the Mueller threads but maybe the 5G is eating away at your brain.

Lazy,  Point to my posts on 5G.  Moron.

Just now, GG said:

NYPD doesn't "imply" consent when it trucks physical barriers in physical trucks from a physical warehouse and cordons off 5 city blocks.

The regulations are in the link.  Permits are required for such large gatherings, and NYPD responds in kind if the crowd is expected to be large.

Face it, Diblasio jumped the gun and didn't call his police and community affairs when he saw the tweets of the large crowds. 

Fake logic, bro.  You suggested that the erection of barriers implied consent for the gathering in question by the NYPD.  The link you provided directs the user to an NYCLU website that speaks generally to rights and responsibilities associated with public gatherings.  It does not in any way suggest that the erection of barriers reflected authorization for the gathering in question.  

4 minutes ago, GG said:

Okay 5G

5 minutes ago, GG said:

In my experience name-calling cedes any claim to the intellectual high ground.  But perhaps such is to be expected from a suspected "prog facist" like GG. 

Edited by SectionC3

Just now, SectionC3 said:

Fake logic, bro.  You suggested that the erection of barriers implied consent for the gathering in question by the NYPD.  The link you provided directs the user to an NYCLU website that speaks generally to rights and responsibilities associated with public gatherings.  It does not in any way suggest that the erection of barriers reflected authorization for the gathering in question.  

I never said it was implied consent.  I said that the NYPD and community affairs were INVOLVED in the planning of the event.  Diblasio screwed up.  His departments knew there would be a large gathering.  That's why there were zero fines and tickets, even though Cuomo threatened $1k fines for these violations two weeks ago.

Lazy & intellectually dishonest.

2 minutes ago, Warren Zevon said:

Okay 5G

Ok, Gary.   Must be nice to have a 0 batting average.

4 minutes ago, Warren Zevon said:

That's Cult 45

You're getting your cults confused.

Cult 45 is a group of right wing loons who refuse to believe that President Trump is literally Hitler despite countless accusations from the left. These whack jobs refuse to believe without evidence, and point to the fact that these scandals have been debunked as a way to rationalize their continued support, despite the clear reality that if he wasn't the "greatest threat to our democracy" the left wouldn't keep saying he was.

12 minutes ago, GG said:

I never said it was implied consent.  I said that the NYPD and community affairs were INVOLVED in the planning of the event.  Diblasio screwed up.  His departments knew there would be a large gathering.  That's why there were zero fines and tickets, even though Cuomo threatened $1k fines for these violations two weeks ago.

Ok, Gary.   Must be nice to have a 0 batting average.

Fake logic.  You said something to the effect that the NYPD doesn't erect barriers and block off a significant number of streets for gatherings not to exceed 50 people.  Underlying that statement was your theory that the NYPD knew that the funeral was going the extremely large, and that deBlaz should have blamed the NYPD for permitting the gathering.  

I responded that those measures did not imply consent for the resulting gathering.  (Unstated, but obvious in that point, are the facts that the streets may have been closed to allow for a gathering of a large number of cars, and that a large number of barricades may have been used to permit adequate spread of mourners and maintenance of social distancing.)  I also asked how the measures taken established that the NYPD knew that the gathering would exceed social distancing guidelines.  The simple way to prove your point would have been through reference to an operative section of the NYPD P&P manual; to the extent your theory has credence, the manual might say something to the effect of "crowd control barriers are to be used only where gatherings are to exceed 500 people in a one-block span."  (For your theory to have credence, any such provision must not be overridden by alternate procedures allowed for in time of crisis or pandemic, but I digress.)

Instead of supporting your point, you resorted to distortion (citations to the NY Post and an irrelevant page from the NYCLU website) and, eventually, name-calling.  That, sir, is lazy and intellectually dishonest.  

Edited by SectionC3
  • Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, GG said:

I answered your question and asked a follow up. 

Here's how this forum works.  If you bring up a point, it's up to you to defend it.  So again, has the irresponsible behavior of the rabbis (your words) lead to outsized growth in these communities in the last 2 weeks?

Yes, as I pointed out in another post. It's not the first time it has happened in this community,  as you no doubt know.

Jonathan Greenblatt of the Anti-Defamation League responded to the Mayor, informing him that calling out the entire Jewish community over the actions of one relatively small group was outrageous. He reminded him that there were already too many people scapegoating Jews in New York.

All of this is happening under not only the shadow of the pandemic but a period of time when the city has witnessed a rising number of incidents of thugs randomly attacking Orthodox Jews on the streets. Whether it’s fair to say or not, this has all been happening on Bill de Blasio’s watch. He’s paid lip service to the antisemitic attacks, but many of the crimes have gone unsolved and we’ve seen regular reports of waves of both fear and frustration among New York’s Jewish residents.

8 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Yes, as I pointed out in another post. It's not the first time it has happened in this community,  as you no doubt know.

Of course it's not the first time, and was the reason Cuomo blew his lid and announced $1k fines for future violations.  Yet, this funeral still went on with NYPD's and community affairs blessing and zero arrests, fines or tickets issued.  You'd figure that if people behaved in a way that NYPD wasn't prepared for, there would be consequences.  Sounds like NYPD was prepared for what happened.

But everyone is missing the most important factor in this.  It certainly looks like the Hassids have developed herd immunity already.  It's showing more like Seattle than the rest of NYC so far.

One would figure that a close knit insular community that still lives under 19th century rules would be dropping like flies, like it was early on.   But in the last 2-3 weeks, the infection rates have declined.  The data is consistent in Boro Park, Williamsburg, Crown Heights, Orange and Rockland Counties and Ocean County NJ, where you should have seen ongoing spikes in infections and deaths.  But it's not happening.  

19 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Fake logic.  You said something to the effect that the NYPD doesn't erect barriers and block off a significant number of streets for gatherings not to exceed 50 people.  Underlying that statement was your theory that the NYPD knew that the funeral was going the extremely large, and that deBlaz should have blamed the NYPD for permitting the gathering.  

I responded that those measures did not imply consent for the resulting gathering.  (Unstated, but obvious in that point, are the facts that the streets may have been closed to allow for a gathering of a large number of cars, and that a large number of barricades may have been used to permit adequate spread of mourners and maintenance of social distancing.)  I also asked how the measures taken established that the NYPD knew that the gathering would exceed social distancing guidelines.  The simple way to prove your point would have been through reference to an operative section of the NYPD P&P manual; to the extent your theory has credence, the manual might say something to the effect of "crowd control barriers are to be used only where gatherings are to exceed 500 people in a one-block span."  (For your theory to have credence, any such provision must not be overridden by alternate procedures allowed for in time of crisis or pandemic, but I digress.)

Instead of supporting your point, you resorted to distortion (citations to the NY Post and an irrelevant page from the NYCLU website) and, eventually, name-calling.  That, sir, is lazy and intellectually dishonest.  

It is not my theory.  It was a direct quote from a community leader who said that the event was coordinated with NYPD and community affairs.

• Like (+1) 3

11 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Jonathan Greenblatt of the Anti-Defamation League responded to the Mayor, informing him that calling out the entire Jewish community over the actions of one relatively small group was outrageous. He reminded him that there were already too many people scapegoating Jews in New York.

All of this is happening under not only the shadow of the pandemic but a period of time when the city has witnessed a rising number of incidents of thugs randomly attacking Orthodox Jews on the streets. Whether it’s fair to say or not, this has all been happening on Bill de Blasio’s watch. He’s paid lip service to the antisemitic attacks, but many of the crimes have gone unsolved and we’ve seen regular reports of waves of both fear and frustration among New York’s Jewish residents.

Anti-Semitism has bloomed since Trump took office. I am sure that saying there are good people in the group of Nazis in Charlottesville didn't help.

I am no fan of DeBlasio, but this is not a good avenue for Trump supporters.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Kemp said:

Anti-Semitism has bloomed since Trump took office. I am sure that saying there are good people in the group of Nazis in Charlottesville didn't help.

What's been the leading source of antisemitism?

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Kemp said:

Yup, the massacre at the Tree of Life by a right wing wacko is exhibit number one of that 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, GG said:

Of course it's not the first time, and was the reason Cuomo blew his lid and announced $1k fines for future violations.  Yet, this funeral still went on with NYPD's and community affairs blessing and zero arrests, fines or tickets issued.  You'd figure that if people behaved in a way that NYPD wasn't prepared for, there would be consequences.  Sounds like NYPD was prepared for what happened.

But everyone is missing the most important factor in this.  It certainly looks like the Hassids have developed herd immunity already.  It's showing more like Seattle than the rest of NYC so far.

One would figure that a close knit insular community that still lives under 19th century rules would be dropping like flies, like it was early on.   But in the last 2-3 weeks, the infection rates have declined.  The data is consistent in Boro Park, Williamsburg, Crown Heights, Orange and Rockland Counties and Ocean County NJ, where you should have seen ongoing spikes in infections and deaths.  But it's not happening.  

It is not my theory.  It was a direct quote from a community leader who said that the event was coordinated with NYPD and community affairs.

If they have herd immunity, why are they among the most infected per capita? This also doesn't address how many outside the community they have infected, a number no one knows.

Edited by Kemp
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Lame. He was referring to people who were there simply to protest the removal of some statues . Not everyone there was in that wacko group you’re referring to. 

As antsy Americans show growing signs of “quarantine fatigue” and officials face pressure to ease coronavirus restrictions, factories, malls and state governments in many parts of the country are taking steps toward reopening.

But Anthony S. Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, said a second wave of infections is “inevitable” in the United States, which has recorded more than 1 million confirmed cases — nearly one-third of the global total. Fauci also warned that “we could be in for a bad fall and a bad winter” if the right countermeasures aren’t put in place.

Here are some significant developments:

• The U.S. economy shrank by 4.8 percent from January through March as it saw the worst slowdown in growth since the Great Recession.
  • Nearly half of the world’s workforce is at risk of losing their incomes as the pandemic continues to disrupt lives and economies around the globe, a U.N. agency warned.
  • Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe warned that holding the Tokyo Olympics in 2021 will be “impossible” if the pandemic is not contained.
  • Amid mounting reports of deadly outbreaks at U.S. meatpacking plants, President Trump signed an executive order requiring processors to stay open. The move, intended to stave off shortages, was widely criticized by labor leaders.
  • Signaling confidence that it has contained the virus, China scheduled its big legislative meetings for late May. The “Two Sessions” meetings had been postponed at the height of the outbreak.
  • Results from antibody tests support the consensus that the novel coronavirus is significantly more lethal than the seasonal flu.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2020/04/29/coronavirus-latest-news/

Just now, Boatdrinks said:

Lame. He was referring to people who were there simply to protest the removal of some statues . Not everyone there was in that wacko group you’re referring to. 

Don't bother.

That particular false narrative is gospel with the weak-minded.

• Thank you (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, GG said:

What's been the leading source of antisemitism?

In America, it's Trump. Anti-Semitic incidents have skyrocketed in America since he took office. Supporting Nazis in Charlottesville was a green light.

If you don't believe that, what do you suppose is the reason that Nazi sites love him? Coincidence?

1 minute ago, B-Man said:

Anyone out in public blatantly not following the guidelines is a ***** moron. Too bad there isn't a politician willing to say that. 

In America, it's Trump. Anti-Semitic incidents have skyrocketed in America since he took office. Supporting Nazis in Charlottesville was a green light.

If you don't believe that, what do you suppose is the reason that Nazi sites love him? Coincidence?

Trump and alt-right ***** like 4chan/8chan whatever it was called. You couldn't even look at a post without seeing something racist or anti-Semitic - not a surprise Q started there and many posters here are chan fans. 

They are wackos who have twisted and perverted a message to fit their own mindless notions. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Warren Zevon said:

Okay 5G

Where has he ever posted about 5G?

11 minutes ago, Warren Zevon said:

NYC does not track Covid deaths by religion

Good lord.  

7 minutes ago, Kemp said:

I thought it was Farrakhan.  

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Kemp said:

There are plenty of statistics that show the predominance of anti-Semitic attacks are not coming from neo-nazis.  Even NYT had to grudgingly admit (and buried) the story that leftist anti-Semitism is the leading culprit.

PS - neo nazis also hate Trump.

6 minutes ago, meazza said:

Where has he ever posted about 5G?

Probably when I said that it's ludicrous to blame 5G for Wuhan virus?

Edited by GG
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Yeah, that's what he meant after one of them murdered someone. He had to wait another day, after someone told him he screwed up to change his tune a bit.

It's a pattern with him. His latest was the disinfectant travesty. Once again, the next day, after being told he screwed up, he tried to make amends with a stone-cold lie by saying he was being sarcastic to a reporter when it was indisputably not sarcastic and that it was directly addressed to Dr. Birx. 

Trump is incapable of being truthful and incapable of saying he made a mistake. 

I blame his followers not him, because most know he's an idiot.

Trump is now blaming China for the deaths in America and they deserve some of it, so why did he compliment the response of China to the virus more than any other person in America? Was he wrong? Of course. Will he admit it? Hold your breath.

We know Trump was warned on numerous occasions that a Pandemic was coming and ignored it. Now we are all paying the price.

But Obama wore a tan suit.

Just now, Kemp said:

Yeah, that's what he meant after one of them murdered someone. He had to wait another day, after someone told him he screwed up to change his tune a bit.

It's a pattern with him. His latest was the disinfectant travesty. Once again, the next day, after being told he screwed up, he tried to make amends with a stone-cold lie by saying he was being sarcastic to a reporter when it was indisputably not sarcastic and that it was directly addressed to Dr. Birx. 

Trump is now blaming China for the deaths in America and they deserve some of it, so why did he compliment the response of China to the virus more than any other person in America? Was he wrong? Of course. Will he admit it? Hold your breath.

We know Trump was warned on numerous occasions that a Pandemic was coming and ignored it. Now we are all paying the price.

In NYC, it hasn't been white supremacists but followers of Farrakhan.  This is well documented.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Kemp said:

If they have herd immunity, why are they among the most infected per capita? This also doesn't address how many outside the community they have infected, a number no one knows.

The high number is an artifact of the early spike, that has since been declining rapidly.   

That community is the ideal breeding ground for a highly contagious disease.  Yet, it appears to have stabilized there.

2 minutes ago, GG said:

The high number is an artifact of the early spike, that has since been declining rapidly.   

That community is the ideal breeding ground for a highly contagious disease.  Yet, it appears to have stabilized there.

Exactly, it takes 2-3 weeks so your theory may be correct.

1 hour ago, Kemp said:

So, you spell it out, please.

Sure. It goes like this. A person who leans far left will often times make statements they don't understand because they didn't originate the statement. When they are asked to clarify the statement they didn't originate, the leftist is confused because they don't really know what they said. They just repeated something they heard. In an effort to cover the fact that they are incapable of independent thought, the leftist typically turns back and says something like, "Why don't YOU tell me what I meant." or "Why don't YOU spell it out for me."

This is often a successful tactic because people who lean right are tired of already having to do all the heavy lifting in this country. They don't want to do left's homework as well. So people who lean right ask again for the leftist to clarify, at which point the leftist says something like "It's not on me to explain my position. It's on you to argue against it," which is ridiculous because everyone knows the leftist doesn't actually have a position. They just have someone else's position that they were never smart enough to discern before repeating it.

This frustrates right-leaning people, who don't like to play childish games, and this makes left-leaning people feel like their point was proven as they keep holding that position until the right-leaning -person has to go back to work while the left-leaning person starts their next Candy Crush game in their mother's basement.

Make sense now?

7 minutes ago, Kemp said:

His latest was the disinfectant travesty.

I rest my case.

Edited by IDBillzFan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 4

4 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Disinfectant “ travesty” ? Lol.... so much LSM drivel in here I don’t even know where to start. Pointless to even try, so congratulations on your allegiance to the Democratic Party. 

Don't know if we've covered this yet, but looks like the movie industry took a big step toward making theatres obsolete.   Of course this has been coming anyway, but the current situation set up a perfect storm for the rollout of 'Trolls World Tour'  (yes, I was one of the tens of millions of people who shelled out $20 for a 48 hour rental).

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/amc-theatres-refuses-play-universal-films-wake-trolls-world-tour-1292327?utm_source=morning_brew

1 minute ago, KD in CA said:

Don't know if we've covered this yet, but looks like the movie industry took a big step toward making theatres obsolete.   Of course this has been coming anyway, but the current situation set up a perfect storm for the rollout of 'Trolls World Tour'  (yes, I was one of the tens of millions of people who shelled out $20 for a 48 hour rental).

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/amc-theatres-refuses-play-universal-films-wake-trolls-world-tour-1292327?utm_source=morning_brew

I've often said I would pay up for new Disney animated movie releases I can watch at home, instead of going into theaters. If you have kids + parent, $20 ($30, heck $40 can be) is much cheaper than going to a theater.   There are some movies that are just better seen on a huge screen, however.

@Deranged Rhino  what are you hearing from your buddies in Tinseltown? You had mentioned theaters were in trouble before the shutdown, think they come back? And who needs who more right now? Universal or AMC?