The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

3 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

Some of his presentations are good.  More often they are excessive rambling and meandering verbosity. 

In a way it's creepy too.  Deborah looks like she's secretly signaling that she wants me to get her safely to the Ronald McDonald house for battered and abused women.  Pence looks like he's been shut off for reprogramming and a battery recharging.  Then Trumps starts playing the air accordion while he is reading from a children's book.  Fauci seems the most normal, and that's weird in itself.  

2 minutes ago, daz28 said:

In a way it's creepy too.  Deborah looks like she's secretly signaling that she wants me to get her safely to the Ronald McDonald house for battered and abused women.  Pence looks like he's been shut off for reprogramming and a battery recharging.  Then Trumps starts playing the air accordion while he is reading from a children's book.  Fauci seems the most normal, and that's weird in itself.  

That is fascinating to me. Let's just say I could not disagree more with your assessment.

Fauci ummm no comment
Birx she has changed a lot since the start of these. She looks a lot older, worn out, and seems to have learned a lot about dealing with the media.
Pence is the diplomat in the crowd.
Trump really depends on the day and the news he needs to impart.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

I bet you're very greasy but not as tough as you think. 

Hoax. 

Also, comments like these are why you were placed on the snowflake list and why I have now placed you on the “Washed up Psycho” list with Deranged Rhino.

1 minute ago, /dev/null said:

Soylent greasy

Hoax. 

Edited by SectionC3

Just now, Buffalo_Gal said:

That is fascinating to me. Let's just say I could not disagree more with your assessment.

Fauci ummm no comment
Birx she has changed a lot since the start of these. She looks a lot older, worn out, and seems to have learned a lot about dealing with the media.
Pence is the diplomat in the crowd.
Trump really depends on the day and the news he needs to impart.

I'm just trying to be comical.  I do that a lot.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Foxx said:

one might ask themselves why this is...

hint: NLP on full display....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vM3J9jDoaTA&feature=emb_logo

Because they're all part of a coordinated corporate/media/political ad blitz

tho i do find it humorous after the video was over and Youtube had the 6 pack of suggested videos.  Their suggested videos were based off my viewing habits, and that mix of Leftist propaganda commercials were followed by suggestions with gun/pro2A videos :lol:

• Thank you (+1) 1

Once you flatten the curve, the Left will just move the goalposts

by Stacy Lennox

When the IMHE models were introduced, there was a pretty high peak in the number of COVID-19 infections. Related to this high peak, there were a significant number of hospitalizations and deaths in a very short time period. The fear was we would run out of hospital beds and critical care resources such as ventilators. The Coronavirus Task Force extended their original guidelines to slow the spread from 15 days to 30. The goal was to flatten the curve on the IMHE model.

What does “flatten the curve” mean? It meant we as a nation were buying time to ramp up medical resources so that every patient could receive needed care and to try and identify effective therapeutics. Largely, these goals have been met. Every patient who has required an ICU bed or a ventilator has been provided one. We have been able to shift these resources between regions with outbreaks. The federal government continues to build additional capacity in the event it is needed.

There are also dozens of clinical trials going on for therapeutic drugs. Clinicians have offered anecdotal information based on patient experience and we continue to refine how those with severe disease are cared for. Our testing system has been significantly upgraded. Supply chain management has been upgraded through public/private partnerships and new systems to identify and deliver resources on a just in time basis.

Anyone expecting COVID to disappear from our lives is under a serious delusion. As we open up, people are going to continue to test positive. Some will get severely ill. A small number will unfortunately die. What we can be assured of is that every patient will be properly cared for. We can also have great hope that treatment will continue to improve lowering the number of severe cases and fatalities.

{snip}

However, no one is calculating the real public health cost of continuing to stay locked down. What are the  cost in lives of missed mammograms, colon cancer screenings and blood A1C labs? How many new cancers have we missed and heart stents haven’t been placed? What are the life threatening effects for those awaiting joint surgeries who have lain immobile for 45 days? COVID-19 is not the only illness that people become very ill or die from. It is not even the most common.

There will absolutely be deaths that can be attributed to delay or denial of treatment during this time period. Hardly anyone is talking about them. Meanwhile in Georgia, healthcare workers are being furloughed and ancillary services like physical therapy have closed their doors. Given our total COVID-19 experience to date, it makes no sense to continue these policies regarding so called “elective” healthcare.

Additionally, we know who are most vulnerable to COVID-19 and how to protect them and the public. No one in Georgia or  is suggesting we throw open nursing homes to visitors. Or that those with pre-existing conditions change what they are currently doing. However, for large swaths of the population the risk is relatively low. This becomes even more evident as data on asymptomatic cases continues to accumulate.

So long term we will have to make accommodations for children with asthma and continue to help and support the elderly with heart disease. This doesn’t mean an entire generation of children needs to miss another school year. It doesn’t mean the local hair salon can’t service half the clients they normally do with proper precautions. That the local movie theater can’t improve cleaning between shows and sell a third of their tickets. Or that family groups can’t eat in a well cleaned half empty restaurant.

Experts have a narrow focus by definition. It is time to let Americans look at the big picture and make their own decisions based on all available information. They asked us to help flatten the curve. We did exceeding all expectations. It would seem we can be trusted not to screw it up now.

More at the link: https://noqreport.com/2020/04/22/once-you-flatten-the-curve-the-left-will-just-move-the-goalposts/

Trump: Update on major cities.
Talking about the CDC guy, said he was misquoted. The CDC guy meant flu + corona coming together at the same time.

Redfield: Clarifying his comments that there was a possibility of next fall or winter being more complicated due to two viruses (flu + COVID-19). It will be more complicated. We have the capacity to stay in the containment mode.
We will not need to resort to what we did this spring. Using containment mode, continued guidelines, and social distancing strategies.
Key to comments and wanting to stress them. He wants people to get the flu vaccine to minimize the co problem.

Edited by Buffalo_Gal

5 hours ago, daz28 said:

I think the guy had a chance to really swing people to his side, but he made it so hard for people to like him.  People who say TDS say it simply to troll the people who have found it impossible to like him.  He could have been another Ronald Reagan(who I liked at the time, but not so much in retrospect).  All he had to do was follow Reagan's lead, but his ego was too big for that.

Trump is like Arnold Schwarzenegger’s housekeeper.

Butt ugly, but he can “do things”. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Trump: IF the corona comes back (basically what they have been saying for weeks). If, may, could.

Press:  Asking about the two together, and was that what WaPo was told?
Redfield:  Yes. That is what I was trying to say. More difficult because we have to distinguish between the two. 

Sounds like he's saying because there is a flu vaccine, get it.

They are going back and forth about the WaPo headline not being what he said. The press read the comment, and the headline isn't what he said.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Birx: summer for testing if covid potentially came back.
Follow the guidelines.
Redfield was saying please get a flu shot. We would be able to stay in containment phase.
Dr. Birx is saying it may come back, it may not. They do not know for sure.
What the CDC is putting in place today what we will need in the fall IF it comes back.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Press: the US will be more prepared, how can you say it will not come back.
Trump: If it comes back, it will not be like before. We have better containment, and watching hot spots. If it does come back, it will not be what we went through.

Trump, Redfield, Birx seem to be emphasizing get the flu shot.

Press: Why are we still getting ventilators?
Trump: We may need them for something else (listing stuff).  Something could happen. Now monologuing about ventilator production.

The US will be sending ventilators to a lot of countries.  From Italy to Pakistan, etc.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Press: the US will be more prepared, how can you say it will not come back.
Trump: If it comes back, it will not be like before. We have better containment, and watching hot spots. If it does come back, it will not be what we went through.

Trump, Redfield, Birx seem to be emphasizing get the flu shot.

Press: Why are we still getting ventilators?
Trump: We may need them for something else (listing stuff).  Something could happen. Now monologuing about ventilator production.

The US will be sending ventilators to a lot of countries.  From Italy to Pakistan, etc.

Still waiting for his answer on how he knows the virus will not come back.  He was asked the question twice.  He could have summed it up in two appropriate words: fake science. 

Trump:
Encouraging to see states open up. Social distancing, follow the phases.
Wash your hands, face covering when distancing is impractical.
We must guard against a rebound.

This never should have happened. (Referring to it never should have left China.)

Reminding the Governors that they have a lot of lab testing capacity available.
Governors have customized plans for their states.
Working with the states to help them succeed.
Told the governor of Georgia he disagreed with opening some of the facilities. But, he must do what he thinks is right.  Trump thinks it is too soon for hair dressers, nail salons, :censored: and tattoo parlors.

The blue angels and thunder birds will be performing shows over America cities. (I don't think he said shows, but whatever)

• Thank you (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

I think you got Corn Pop mixed up with Pop Tarty

Pop Tarty was a worthless and empty. Sure, he looked good standing there on the corner with his shiny outfit, but on the inside, he was devoid of any value.

Now their Cap'n, Crunch, was great. Just the best.

Edited by Koko78

9 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Oh goody, DiBlasio (the guy that wanted to still have a St Patrick's Day Parade and encouraged people to go out to restaurants & bars well into March) is in charge of a tri-state program to trace people. Good choice. -)

No argument there.  But it is kind of like the guy who called the thing a hoax having “absolute authority” to run the show.  Two bad ideas. 

4 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Still waiting for his answer on how he knows the virus will not come back.  He was asked the question twice.  He could have summed it up in two appropriate words: fake science. 

He seemed to be adamant that it won't be coming back in the fall anywhere near what it is now.  God, I pray to God he's right about that.

That's the longest he's ever went before getting into the miyyuns an biyyuns talk

If he just gave me some good numbers on tests becoming available, I'll be very happy.

Edited by daz28

Just now, daz28 said:

He seemed to be adamant that it won't be coming back in the fall anywhere near what it is now.  God, I pray to God he's right about that.

How he knows that remains a mystery. 

1 minute ago, daz28 said:

Me too.  But he’s talking out of his posterior again.  Just like he was on the miracle drug thing.  

Trump:
Senate answered the call for the paycheck protection program. Urging House to pass the bill without delay.
Thanking all the banks for stepping up.

Going on about Harvard, and Stanford (Princeton said they never asked for money, and will not. I will try and find the tweet.)

Princeton tweet:

Edited by Buffalo_Gal
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, daz28 said:

That's the longest he's ever went before getting into the miyyuns an biyyuns talk

If he just gave me some good numbers on tests becoming available, I'll be very happy.

not watching now.  Birx to explain, or  Birx to figure it out? 

46 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Hoax. 

Also, comments like these are why you were placed on the snowflake list and why I have now placed you on the “Washed up Psycho” list with Deranged Rhino.

Hoax. 

Who cares about your contrived lists, created to make you seem important in some way? You came here as an idiot and continue to validate that with every one of your posts. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

How he knows that remains a mystery. 

Me too.  But he’s talking out of his posterior again.  Just like he was on the miracle drug thing.  

He was adamant that America wouldn't have a pandemic. 

You know, to you #######s... would you prefer he was a Debbie Downer like you guys? Would you prefer he was oh-woe-is-us?  The Monday-Morning-Quarterbacking has been over the top ridiculous.

Edited by Buffalo_Gal
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

You know, to you #######s... would you prefer he was a Debbie Downer like you guys? Would you prefer he was on-woe-is-us?  The Monday-Morning-Quarterbacking has been over the top ridiculous.

Right! I don't even like the guy, but I'm hoping he gets it right.  I think it's disgusting if anyone's rooting for him to fail.  

I feel bad for the doctor now.  He kinda put her in line for some tough questions coming up

Edited by daz28
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

He kinda was good, except for the ventilator story rant, but I think he's gonna go ballistic when they start questioning Dr. Birx.  Is it bad that I'm lol

So I'm guessing he's asking the protestors to stop until the states reopen?  Pence seemed to just say that.

Edited by daz28

Pence:
Continuing to see declines in major cities that were most impacted.
NJ/NYC-metro appears past peak.
The positive rate is going down.
Reminding that the guidelines are working, and should continue.
We want to safely reopen America. The fastest way is to continue to do what you have been doing.
Went to Madison WI yesterday (GE healthcare team).
Defense production act - repurpose, got them materials, the union sat down with GE healthcare that allowed them to bring in workers. They doubled, and will now be tripling the line (3 shifts, 24/7) for more ventilators. We will have 110K ventilators in xx days (I missed that).
Continuing National Guard partnering through May 31st.
More than 5,500 active military personnel including 900---something medical.
A lot of these people are disinfecting nursing homes over the US.

Edited by Buffalo_Gal
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1