The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

2 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

If you think they can do it overnight at the drop of a hat -- with the regulations they operate under -- then you're more uninformed than I have you credit for. 

I really hope a hard look is taken at the obamacare taxes (which made things like ventilators economically difficult to make here), as well as the regulations that are needlessly in place that prevent American ingenuity to shine. The last few weeks have reminded me of my youth when people were inventing things, producing things, and America generally was the place to be if you wanted to invent and manufacturer.

• Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

That delivery style is why soldiers I know react this way to Milley pretty much 24/7: 

Wwi soldier GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Local>>>>State>>>Federal

That's the order of importance to your day-to-day life, especially in times of crisis. It's not the inverse, no matter how much prog-fascists like you wish it were. 

If you think they can do it overnight at the drop of a hat -- with the regulations they operate under -- then you're more uninformed than I have you credit for. 

Whatever regulations you think there are can be dropped or reduced as many have during all of this. Again, Germany already did it. All we had to do was follow their lead.

Just now, Buffalo_Gal said:

I really hope a hard look is taken at the obamacare taxes (which made things like ventilators economically difficult to make here), as well as the regulations that are needlessly in place that prevent American ingenuity to shine. The last few weeks have reminded me of my youth when people were inventing things, producing things, and America generally was the place to be if you wanted to invent and manufacturer.

Germany has no problem with state run healthcare. They still have private big pharma companies like Bayer that did what we couldn't. Another shining example of America #1.

Just now, B-Man said:

Quiz: How Well Do You Know African Flags | Kuulpeeps - Ghana ...

1 minute ago, BullBuchanan said:

Whatever regulations you think there are can be dropped or reduced as many have during all of this. Again, Germany already did it. All we had to do was follow their lead.

What has Trump been doing since February? Cutting these regulations. As fast as possible. 

Again, you're living in delusional world where things happen immediately. That's not reality. Especially in a country this big, and with such a bloated, overbearing federal government. 

3 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Germany has no problem with state run healthcare. 

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: 

(that's not enough)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: 

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

That delivery style is why soldiers I know react this way to Milley pretty much 24/7: 

Wwi soldier GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Local>>>>State>>>Federal

That's the order of importance to your day-to-day life, especially in times of crisis. It's not the inverse, no matter how much prog-fascists like you wish it were. 

So when ***** hits the fan, the federal government is the least accountable and important?  HAHAHAHAHAHA.  And you think you're informed?!

Thank God you are not a person who makes important decisions for the well-being of others.  There are numerous historical examples which show the exact opposite trend, but unfortunately you've proven that a 3rd grader could put your handle on history to shame.  

Good grief.  Look up the Articles of Confederation sometime and tell me how the focus on states/locales plus a lack of a strong central government helped that system "thrive", especially in times of crisis.  The role of the federal government goes hand in hand with times of crises, and the Founders were aware of that when they drafted the Constitution after seeing how ineffective the previous government was.  

Coronavirus Doesn’t Slow Trump’s Regulatory Rollbacks

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/25/climate/coronavirus-environmental-regulations-trump.html

Trump administration loosens telehealth regulations to combat ...

Trump Administration Makes Sweeping Regulatory Changes to Help U.S. Healthcare System Address COVID-19 Patient Surge

https://www.cms.gov/newsroom/press-releases/trump-administration-makes-sweeping-regulatory-changes-help-us-healthcare-system-address-covid-19

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Capco said:

So when ***** hits the fan, the federal government is the least accountable and important?  HAHAHAHAHAHA.  And you think you're informed?!

That's not what I said, but dishonest people who have no argument to make, do things like this. 

You should care more about local and state officials than you do federal. Yet our media culture inverts that paradigm. That's why people like you, who are very uninformed about the basic fundamentals of how this country is supposed to work, are so lost in times of stress. 

• Awesome! (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

You should care more about local and state officials than you do federal. Yet our media culture inverts that paradigm. That's why people like you, who are very uninformed about the basic fundamentals of how this country is supposed to work, are so lost in times of stress. 

Good point!  After all, I see you posting about your own state and local officials all the time! 

In fact it's miraculous how little attention you give to the national narrative or the POTUS.  Simply astounding.  

• Haha (+1) 1

MSNBC gonna MSNBC. 

Just now, Capco said:

Good point!  After all, I see you posting about your own state and local officials all the time! 

In fact it's miraculous how little attention you give to the national narrative or the POTUS.  Simply astounding.  

I'm very active locally in politics, and at the state level. 

Keep making yourself look silly. You're really doing good work here :lol: 

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

That's not what I said, but dishonest people who have no argument to make, do things like this. 

Our state and especially local government are largely toothless. It's a mayor's job to make sure people get paid and the bike lanes go in the right spot. It's not their job to manage a crisis. The federal government soaks up all the cash and thus has all the power.

Edited by BullBuchanan

Just now, BullBuchanan said:

Our state and especially local government are largely toothless. It's a mayor's job to make sure people get paid and the bike lanes go in the right spot. It's not their job to manage a crisis.

How did they get that way? What's the cause? Is it turning our backs on the entire premise of our republic over multiple decades throughout multiple administrations? Or did it all go to shite when Trump was sworn in? Honest answer only, please.

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

How did they get that way? What's the cause? Is it turning our backs on the entire premise of our republic over multiple decades throughout multiple administrations? Or did it all go to shite when Trump was sworn in? Honest answer only, please.

Who cares? It is that way, has been as long as I've been alive, and that's the reality I live in, not the one you think should be.

• Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Who cares? It is that way, has been as long as I've been alive, and that's the reality I live in, not the one you think should be.

Yet -- you're not talking about reality in any of your posts. You're instead holding people to account for not operating as if the world were perfect when you admit here it is not. Why do you do this? Because you're making a dishonest argument.

Edited by Deranged Rhino
phone typo
  • Like (+1) 4

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

Is it turning our backs on the entire premise of our republic over multiple decades throughout multiple administrations?

This is an excellent example of where you find grains of truth and latch on to them in an effort to perpetuate your conspiracy theories.  

Has the trend of the legislative branch (the direct representation of the people in a federal republic) been to delegate their powers to the executive, since at least WWII and arguably before?  Yes.  That's a scholarly position to take and it's well supported with examples.  

Does that mean that there's a small group of men behind the curtain who have great control over our lives that tried to prevent/coup Trump before he could start reigning them in?  It's nuts dude.  

1 minute ago, Capco said:

This is an excellent example of where you find grains of truth and latch on to them in an effort to perpetuate your conspiracy theories.  

Has the trend of the legislative branch (the direct representation of the people in a federal republic) been to delegate their powers to the executive, since at least WWII and arguably before?  Yes.  That's a scholarly position to take and it's well supported with examples.  

Does that mean that there's a small group of men behind the curtain who have great control over our lives that tried to prevent/coup Trump before he could start reigning them in?  It's nuts dude.  

And this is an excellent example of how dishonest of an asshat you truly are. The bolded was never said or implied in anything I wrote in our conversation. Instead, you agree with what I said (because it's inarguable) then throw in something which was never said and point and go: "SEE! IT'S NUTS DUDE!" 

And it is nuts. It's nuts for anyone to think you're a serious person whose brain has not been completely broken the past three years. 

Edited by Deranged Rhino

9 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Yet -- you're not talking about reality in any of your posts. You're instead holding people to account for not operating as if the world were perfect when you admit here it is not. Why do you do this? Because you're making a dishonest argument.

My solution requires picking up the phone and saying " hey we need you to produce these tests that are probably really similar to the ones you already do. Experts from Bayer will be in touch by End of Day.

Your solution requires re-establishing a local, state, and federal government. And after that's all done, I still don't buy the notion that it would solve the problem where my version 100% will and could have been done 11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1 weeks ago, today, tomorrow or any day thereafter until we're all dead.

Edited by BullBuchanan