The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

1 minute ago, BullBuchanan said:

That would be a fair point, if we were coming at this cold, but we're not. China not wanting to appear weak, or need assistance should be so well known, that we should be more harsh with internal experts that don't understand that cultural identity than we should be with china for having it at this point. We should hold subject matter experts accountable to actually be experts. That includes anticipating disinformation and a lack of transparency.

You mean like the WHO?

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Why were we in a position to trust the globalist community and institutional structures? 

Aliens are globalists and are the most advanced species in the universe

Edited by Gary Busey
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

https://wgr550.radio.com/articles/news/campbell-fighting-covid-19-is-a-surreal-lonely-experience

Campbell: Fighting COVID-19 is a surreal, lonely experience

Former Bills tight end Mark Campbell joined Howard and Jeremy on Thursday to talk about his experience fighting the coronavirus

The coronavirus has already affected millions of people around the world, and the number of cases in the United States continues to rise by the day.

Here locally in Erie County, the coronavirus has already affected thousands of people with more than 1,400 active cases across the region. The positive news is that 360 people have already recovered from COVID-19, but 51 people have unfortunately died as a result of the virus.

Throughout the sports world, a number of leagues have already suspended or canceled their seasons, while many major sporting events have been postponed to a later date or already been canceled. The National Hockey League and the Buffalo Sabres continues to wait out the situation and evaluate if a return to action for the 2019-20 season is even possible. Meanwhile, the National Football League and the Buffalo Bills are proceeding with the upcoming NFL Draft, which is set to take place virtually from Thursday, April 23 through Saturday, April 26.

More and more every day,  people around the community being affected by COVID-19, whether it be directly or indirectly with family members or other friends or acquaintances dealing with the virus.

Former NFL tight end Mark Campbell played 10 seasons in the NFL, spending three of those years with the Bills from 2003 to 2005. The 44-year-old is currently living in Michigan, but is also dealing with a personal battle against the coronavirus. Campbell was hospitalized for a total of five days, but he is back home and under self-quarantine for another week.

Campbell took some time on Thursday to join Howard Simon and Jeremy White to share his experience with fighting the coronavirus, and what his ordeal has been like throughout the process. 

Here is some of what he had to say:

Campbell on his days leading up to hospitalization for the coronavirus:

"I basically was going through, what I thought to be, the flu process. I did go to the hospital when this whole thing began, I took my temperature and it was 102.6. So I went to the hospital, and here in Michigan, they're doing these drive-thrus where they kind of screen you. They basically said that you probably have it, we're not going to test you, but go home and quarantine. I did that, went through all those typical flu symptoms.

"Day 5 was when I started to get, what people are referring to as that dry cough. It's really just kind of this nuisance cough. It's not like I'm coughing up or anything like that, it's like an unproductive cough. Truthfully, right around Day 7 or 8 I should have gone back to the hospital, but I kept thinking that I'll turn the corner and I didn't. By Day 12, I was really laboring to breathe. I could breathe in and out, my lungs were still working, but the difference was that I felt like I couldn't get relief, I couldn't get oxygen. That was at the point where I [realized] I couldn't play with this, you can't tough this thing out."

Edited by Buffalo Bills Fan

1 hour ago, BullBuchanan said:

As a populace we have, but as far as politicians are concerned, we haven't had a left of center president since Carter.

Multiple analyses show this to be true.  It started with Reagan and has been that way for some time.  It's also entirely why people like Bernie have come to the forefront, as a backlash to how far right the country has moved as a whole over the last 40 years.  The dismantling of the middle class as the source of American greatness, only to be replaced by corporate America, is central to the deregulation of the 80s.  

republican-platform-far-right-1561564784

This is where the Democrats and Republicans reside on an objective, political spectrum of Western democracies.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BullBuchanan said:

Yes, but also our own.

I answered it for you, Bull. Our country's lurch to the right forced us to rely on globalist institutions rather than our own because the lurch to the right spent DECADES painting America as evil and untrustworthy.... 

Oh. Wait. That's backwards. 

1 hour ago, BullBuchanan said:

I think we've been pushed right as a society for so long that anyone that would normally identify as a moderate conservative (e.g. doesn't believe in Christian Sharia Law, or wild west capitalism) is probably a democrat these days.

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

I answered it for you, Bull. Our country's lurch to the right forced us to rely on globalist institutions rather than our own because the lurch to the right spent DECADES painting America as evil and untrustworthy.... 

Oh. Wait. That's backwards. 

First true thing I've ever heard you say

4 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

That would be a fair point, if we were coming at this cold, but we're not. China not wanting to appear weak, or need assistance should be so well known, that we should be more harsh with internal experts that don't understand that cultural identity than we should be with china for having it at this point. We should hold subject matter experts accountable to actually be experts. That includes anticipating disinformation and a lack of transparency.

Maybe.  But it’s not that easy with the surveillance state they have and the strict laws to adhere to.   I’m not sure what you are suggesting, have the CIA place a plant in one of the Wuhan hospitals after the doctors were silenced by their government?

Can we just stop pointing fingers at the opposing political party and just for a second come to a reasonable conclusion that maybe, just maybe China is largely to blame for this.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, BullBuchanan said:

First true thing I've ever heard you say

:lol: :lol: :lol: 

Wait, it's true that America is evil, or that that is a right leaning talking point. Please be specific so we can mock you appropriately. 

Just now, Magox said:

Maybe.  But it’s not that easy with the surveillance state they have and the strict laws to adhere to.   I’m not sure what you are suggesting, have the CIA place a plant in one of the Wuhan hospitals after the doctors were silenced by their government?

Can we just stop pointing fingers at the opposing political party and just for a second come to a reasonable conclusion that maybe, just maybe China is largely to blame for this.

He has ZERO understanding of how the IC operates. Or that it was decimated in China specifically due to China's counter-intelligence efforts (and the gullibility/corruptibility of our leadership). 

• Like (+1) 2

Yes, but also our own.

You are looking to assign blame, but only where you want it to be assigned. It doesn't matter what facts are presented, you will always arrive at the same conclusions. 

Good luck with that....

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, billsfan1959 said:

You are looking to assign blame, but only where you want it to be assigned. It doesn't matter what facts are presented, you will always arrive at the same conclusions. 

Good luck with that....

I want us to accept some accountability. I know these days that comes off as a hard partisan line.

15 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Well this is interesting.  Because when I've pressed you to define what a ball liker is your ran away with your tail between your legs.  Good job.

Oh so you know what he was talking about?  Are you sure?

Oh #2.  It's sammich. 

Sorry I didn’t get back to you with an answer. Probably because I really don’t pay attention to you.

I am sure. 

In regards to #2 (shouldn’t it be #3?) That was a typo. I am on my phone and these eyes don’t catch the difference in this tiny screen like they used to! 

Edited by Q-baby!

I want us to accept some accountability. I know these days that comes off as a hard partisan line.

We should accept accountability -- for relying on globalism and offshoring our Nat Sec. 

But, you don't want to talk about that because you're incapable of it. Your own (piss poor) analysis proves it. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

You don't want us to accept some accountability, You want to hold some accountable.

There is a difference

• Like (+1) 1

Once we agree we can accept some responsibility we can look to see who should be accountable. 

Except your actions show that the reverse is true for you:

Once we determine who we want to be held accountable, then let's determine how much responsibility we force them to accept

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Magox said:

I'm suggesting that  Bolton should not have been allowed to fire the US Pandemic Response Team without replacing them, and that the people in charge of our nationally security forces uses their unlimited budgets to differentiate fact from fiction.

The problem with looking at this without pointing fingers, is that one political administration is directly responsible for the fallout.

7 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

You don't want us to accept some accountability, You want to hold some accountable.

There is a difference

Trump destroyed our pandemic infrastructure  - so someone needs to be held accountable. But of course; it is everyone else’s fault:

• Awesome! (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Capco said:

Multiple analyses show this to be true.  It started with Reagan and has been that way for some time.  It's also entirely why people like Bernie have come to the forefront, as a backlash to how far right the country has moved as a whole over the last 40 years.  The dismantling of the middle class as the source of American greatness, only to be replaced by corporate America, is central to the deregulation of the 80s.  

republican-platform-far-right-1561564784

This is where the Democrats and Republicans reside on an objective, political spectrum of Western democracies.  

Utterly worthless without numbers, facts or any context. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, BillZtime said:

Trump destroyed our pandemic infrastructure  - so someone needs to be held accountable. But of course; it is everyone else’s fault:

As usual, you are a little slow on the uptake. This was hashed out 50 pages or so back in the thread.....

And like every stance you have taken, you are wrong on this one as well.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1