The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

1 hour ago, Gary Busey said:

He's obese, can't read a teleprompter, had a health scare in December he has yet to disclose, and feeds on fast food and diet coke. It's okay to call #OrangeManBad unhealthy.

So based on this 90% of the country is unhealthy. Thanks for you diagnosis doctor. 

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

No, it's your blind loyalty to Trump that gets in the way to have an honest debate. You can't criticize Trump at all 

It would be interesting to go back over this space (since his election) to see if any of the Trump cult at PPP have ever criticized him....

3 minutes ago, TPS said:

It would be interesting to go back over this space (since his election) to see if any of the Trump cult at PPP have ever criticized him....

It would also be interesting to go back through and determine if the TDS cult ever looked at anything Trump has done since his election that wasn't a civilization ending crisis...

• Like (+1) 4

38 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

What are you trying to say here? 

You said Cuomo is taking a wait and see approach.  I wonder if, after taking a wait and see approach to a highly transmittable virus in/around one of the largest cities in the world, in retrospect he wishes he had been much more aggressive in his approach. Given that the state established a quarantine zone in a suburb a few miles away, and given that travel back and forth to/from New Rochelle and Westchester/Rockland/Putnam counties and NYC is a way of life for many, he regrets not being much more proactive in establishing a zone around NYC. 

Finally, I wonder if his decision was impacted by Mayor DiBlasio, his views, and the relative power over the voting block and city that he represents.  Something as simple as "Andy, these are your people, many could tell you every streetside deli from Brooklyn to Bensonhurat but couldn't point to  Buffalo on a map. You shut this city down and the "$#!! hits the fan and political fallout is massive".

Edited by leh-nerd skin-erd
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, TPS said:

A long search in vain, I'd guess. When you said the NFL season might be impacted I thought that was sort of crazy, but ya, they are talking about it reappearing. That will stink, especially if Sabres can't play in Fall 

7 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

You said Cuomo is taking a wait and see approach.  

I meant with restarting the economy 

If only Trump had listened to the NYC officials early on when the Federal government crafted its response strategy

Sunday, February 2, 2020

CHINATOWN, Manhattan (WABC) -- Despite increasing fears of coronavirus in New York City, the Chinatown Lunar New Year Parade and Festival will go on as scheduled next week.
The parade is scheduled for Feb. 9 at 1 p.m.
Elected officials are urging the public to take normal precautions against illness, but not to let fears concerning coronavirus stop them from participating in the event.

https://abc7ny.com/health/despite-coronavirus-fears-chinatown-parade-to-go-on-as-planned/5898745/ via @ABC7NY

BTW, I recommend people watch the entire news segment

Edited by GG
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

A long search in vain, I'd guess. When you said the NFL season might be impacted I thought that was sort of crazy, but ya, they are talking about it reappearing. That will stink, especially if Sabres can't play in Fall 

I meant with restarting the economy 

Still, NYC represents a big piece of the economic puzzle, jah feel? 

21 minutes ago, TPS said:

Constantly. Which makes very few of us cultish. But you knew that. 

You used to have some credibility with me.  The minute you have a rational conversation with Tibs you lost all semblance of credibility. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

He appears to be the rare liberal who is willing to actually keep an open mind and will change his mind when presented with facts. In other words, he just may be someone worthy of an actual discussion. 

I missed the second note where @manncmentioned his feelings about Trump and Russia.  I don't understand why someone would feel as he does and still jump the fence to vote for him now given that perspective, but he clearly stated his position and you have to respect that. Sometimes on some issues, theres no common ground to be found. 

30 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

It would also be interesting to go back through and determine if the TDS cult ever looked at anything Trump has done since his election that wasn't a civilization ending crisis...

I love that Trump is calling out Tom Massie