McGahee Interview

aussiew

"Willis McGahee: Deion Sanders. Just his arrogance and showboating. One day I will be like that guy"

He wants to be just like Deion?  :(

Please - someone talk to this kid.

305011[/snapback]

Do you mean he want's to be over rated and not know when to hang up the jock?

Jeff

I'm suprised more posters on this board didn't noticed the line where he states he would stay in Buffalo "as long as they pay me" and his response to renogotiating his contract; we all know who his agent is!

I'm suprised more posters on this board didn't noticed the line where he states he would stay in Buffalo "as long as they pay me" and his response to renogotiating his contract; we all know who his agent is!

305039[/snapback]

We noticed...we're just trying to ignore it. If WM has a Pro Bowl year, I fully expect Rosenhaus to grandstand much like what he is doing with TO as we speak.

"Willis McGahee: Deion Sanders. Just his arrogance and showboating. One day I will be like that guy"

He wants to be just like Deion?  :(

Please - someone talk to this kid.

305011[/snapback]

I liked Deion. The guy was always able to back up his talk...and he's got the rings to prove it.

I may be in the minority here, but I think that football would be boring if not for the crazy characters like Deion and Micheal Irvin. I also think the Bills have lacked that kind of emotional charge the past few years and having a player like McGahee who wants to beat you and pump up his chest about it makes me feel especially great!!!! I'm tired of the shrinking violets of the past and I look forward to the more in your face attitude of the new Buffalo Bills.

I liked Deion. The guy was always able to back up his talk...and he's got the rings to prove it.

I may be in the minority here, but I think that football would be boring if not for the crazy characters like Deion and Micheal Irvin. I also think the Bills have lacked that kind of emotional charge the past few years and having a player like McGahee who wants to beat you and pump up his chest about it makes me feel especially great!!!! I'm tired of the shrinking violets of the past and I look forward to the more in your face attitude of the new Buffalo Bills.

305059[/snapback]

Sanders also made it very clear: On the field he was "Neon Deion", putting on a show and bringing home the bacon. At home he was just Deion, a guy not too many people got to see.

Unfortunately, the No Fun League has officials throwing flags for chest thumping, at their personal disgression. :(

We noticed...we're just trying to ignore it.  If WM has a Pro Bowl year, I fully expect Rosenhaus to grandstand much like what he is doing with TO as we speak.

305047[/snapback]

which is why i expect willis to be given the stonewall next year and traded in the '06 off-season......which isn't such a bad thing really.......

Do you mean he want's to be over rated and not know when to hang up the jock?

Jeff

305016[/snapback]

Tell me how Deion is over rated? I'll agree he's been over publicized but he was clearly one of if not best cover CBs and kick returners of his era.

honestly, i think WM may just be a real sarcastic guy. i don't think he's stupid -- he has made some very thoughtful comments (like those pertaining to the travis henry situation). and you don't give your first NFL TD ball to the fullback if all you care about is showboating. i bet he answered those questions with a big smirk on his face.

let's not forget that, a la thurman thomas, willis knows that it was buffalo who took a chance on him when nearly everyone else wrote him off. i think loyalty and gratitude still count for something, and i believe willis will remember that if he continues to progress towards becoming the star we hope he will be.

i love the guy's attitude. and for the record, i've never liked showboaters.

We noticed...we're just trying to ignore it.  If WM has a Pro Bowl year, I fully expect Rosenhaus to grandstand much like what he is doing with TO as we speak.

305047[/snapback]

Don't forget that Rosenhaus is also the agent for Sean Taylor and Santana Moss - both of whom are holding out as well for new contracts. Sean Taylor has played ONE year and it was a good year not an amazing year. So I'm sure McGahee will be holding out next offseason even if he doesn't have a pro bowl year. We're just lucky Rosenhaus didn't talk him into holding out THIS year like Taylor.

honestly, i think WM may just be a real sarcastic guy.  i don't think he's stupid -- he has made some very thoughtful comments (like those pertaining to the travis henry situation).  and you don't give your first NFL TD ball to the fullback if all you care about is showboating.  i bet he answered those questions with a big smirk on his face.

let's not forget that, a la thurman thomas, willis knows that it was buffalo who took a chance on him when nearly everyone else wrote him off.  i think loyalty and gratitude still count for something, and i believe willis will remember that if he continues to progress towards becoming the star we hope he will be.

i love the guy's attitude.  and for the record, i've never liked showboaters.

305097[/snapback]

That is also how I read the interview.. Willis works hard and likes to have fun.. I'm not going to worry about what may or may not happen years from now..

Don't forget that Rosenhaus is also the agent for Sean Taylor and Santana Moss - both of whom are holding out as well for new contracts.  Sean Taylor has played ONE year and it was a good year not an amazing year.  So I'm sure McGahee will be holding out next offseason even if he doesn't have a pro bowl year.  We're just lucky Rosenhaus didn't talk him into holding out THIS year like Taylor.

305101[/snapback]

Taylor is a L. Arrington type nut job.. multiple agents.. etc. Moss is in the final year of his deal. Willis has a few years left on his deal. Other than Rosenhaus the three are nothing like each other.

305039[/snapback]

I predict it gettig very ugly, if/when it is time to resign McGahee...he won't be a sucker like Travis was, and resign early at a reduced rate, and given his agent, and his backround (guys from the "U" normally have huge egos), don't be surprised if TD is drafting his replacement next year, the seaon befor McGahees contract is up...welcome to todays' NFL. Don't enjoy the present, just be prepared for the future....

I predict it gettig very ugly, if/when it is time to resign McGahee...he won't be a sucker like Travis was, and resign early at a reduced rate, and given his agent, and his backround (guys from the "U" normally have huge egos), don't be surprised if TD is drafting his replacement next year, the seaon befor McGahees contract is up...welcome to todays' NFL.  Don't enjoy the present, just be prepared for the future....

305152[/snapback]

I think Willis' contract is up after the 2007 season because the Bills have the option on another year after 2006, which barring injury, they will surely exercise. That doesn't mean that Rosenhaus won't cause a stir, but I believe the Bills have Willis for three more years as of now.

I think Willis' contract is up after the 2007 season because the Bills have the option on another year after 2006, which barring injury, they will surely exercise. That doesn't mean that Rosenhaus won't cause a stir, but I believe the Bills have Willis for three more years as of now.

305156[/snapback]

According to NFLPA.org McGahee's contract ends after the 2007 season.