Barnwell chooses Brandon Beane as NFL Executive of the Year; Eric Ting (49ers) objects

class_of_2012

I have to give him credit for the final sentence about the large portion of the Bills' core (Josh Allen, Tre'Davious White, Tremaine Edmunds, etc.) being already in place prior to 2019.

If you are only considering 2019 additions, tough to give it to Beane over the guys for the 49ers or Ravens. The defense is largely the same. The offense is new, but underperforming. I mean, if we had a top 10 offense that would be a strong case, but we don't.

Still, happy with Beane and McDemott and they've been doing a great job building this team into a winner.

8 hours ago, Phil The Thrill said:

what moves have been bad?

Also GM has an accuracy of 100%?

Trading for Kelvin Benjamin was a mistake in hindsight. Star, although a contributor, probably got too large of a contract for what he does.

But you are correct. No GM is ever 100% accurate.

Edited by MJS

Barnwell wrote a nice column.

I agree with Ting; Lynch should win EOTY. His overhaul was better. However, the very reason that he marginalized Beane's offseason also applies to Ting. Garoppolo, Kittle, the entire OL, 4 first round DLmen without Bosa, the entire secondary--already there.

Also, a few other thoughts:

How can anyone other than McCaffrey win OPOY? Top 3 in rushing yards and 2nd in receptions? That's absolutely insane.

Sean Payton should win COTY. They're going to have a first round bye despite missing their HOF QB for a third of the season.

6 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

eat those sour grapes Ting.

Haven't seen Chandler play in awhile, honestly didn't know if he was still in the league. Did he really play this good this year?

He's got 19 sacks. I think there's a good chance they jump on the opportunity to trade him this offseason...

9 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Beane is a witch.  I’ve been saying it for awhile.

he will be brewing up a special batch of eye of newt and wolfsbaine stew in the off season.

"Good, hmmm? That's my batwing broth! There's eye of newt in there, tree mold, old lizard brains; scales from a rancid sea serpent!"

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

Barnwell wrote a nice column.

I agree with Ting; Lynch should win EOTY. His overhaul was better. However, the very reason that he marginalized Beane's offseason also applies to Ting. Garoppolo, Kittle, the entire OL, 4 first round DLmen without Bosa, the entire secondary--already there.

Also, a few other thoughts:

How can anyone other than McCaffrey win OPOY? Top 3 in rushing yards and 2nd in receptions? That's absolutely insane.

Sean Payton should win COTY. They're going to have a first round bye despite missing their HOF QB for a third of the season.

He's got 19 sacks. I think there's a good chance they jump on the opportunity to trade him this offseason...

dont sleep on can’t guard Mike 

he was also without his HOF qb and dominated this season. The dude catches everything.